Peter Faulks

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment he'd be our 4th in line KPD. I'm not counting Sibosado in that.

McPharlin, Grover, Silvagni, Faulks

That's the great thing for me, if we get Thursfield or someone else as well we only need one out of Faulks/Thursfield/Sibbo to really step up and we should be ok, two and we're in great shape.

Depending on Grover playing on of course but we should have some interesting options at least.

Will he play next year?
How many games do we reckon he may play roughly...

Based on absolutely nothing as havent seen him.

He would provide back up for Grover/Hayden or if people get injured.

However with opportunity you just hope he does a job and becomes a permanent replacement for Grover or Hayden in future.

Might get half a dozen games in season before looking to play on regular basis.

Then again Fremantle might have plans for him to slot straight into best 22.... you just dont know.

Here is how I see it going down

GC (to Collingwood): We'll give you Krakoeur and the first 3 picks we won't use (61,78,95) for pick 25
Coll: Make one of those picks before freos 3rd round pick and it's a deal
GC: Give us a minute

GC: Hey Freo, I hear your looking at Faulks we'll trade him to you for pick 55
Freo: Thats a bit steep, we were just going to put him on the rookie list
GC: We'll throw in 61
Freo: Where do we sign?

GC: Alright we got the pick
Coll: Deal

Coll: Alright Freo, we're putting Anthony back on the table, if you don't take the deal Tarrant goes into the draft. You will have to use pick 38 to screw him or we'll pick him up at 55. Is missing out on Anthony and pick 38 really worth sending a message?
Freo: Throw in pick 55, we miss it

:D

So we have Sibo, Faulks (sounds weird hey), Roberton, Silvagni, Sheppard (bit of an unknown) coming through as young, tallish defenders

Not bad

A big warm welcome to the young man! Give it everything, enjoy it and Freo will do right by you. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will he play next year?
How many games do we reckon he may play roughly...

Grover's one serious calf/hammy/quad injury away from retirement so if Mcpharlin or Silvagni get injured Faulks will get a chance and if Grover goes down Faulks could cement a spot in the 22 and play a lot of games.

Is there room for Pav, Silvagni and Johnson together in the forward line ?

I suspect Johnson will play all over (ruck, loose man in defense, etc.). Otherwise a lineup of:

Ballantyne Silvagni Walters
Johnson Pavlich Mayne

is quite good !

At the moment he'd be our 4th in line KPD. I'm not counting Sibosado in that.

McPharlin, Grover, Silvagni, Faulks

Silvagni is arguable, he's more of a third tall for us. Grover will be gone at the end of next year, if not displaced sooner.

Even if this guy isn't as good as we are hearing, he'd be a decent shot at 2nd in line come the back end of the season.

It'll be interesting to see how we structure up next season, and also how Faulks/Sibbo fit into that. You would think there isn't room enough for all 3 (including McPharlin) down back, so perhaps we give Sibbo another crack up forward pre season to see if he's learnt from playing CHB last year, or if they're both up to scratch, maybe McPharlin could has another run up forward. Obviously this is a problem we only really need to worry about if all 3 are fit and up to AFK level.

Looking forward to some more of salim's PS reports :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Faulks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back