Peter Matera or Chris Judd?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No, no. No need to get sensitive. If Matera wasn't a part of West Coast during the 90s for instance, they still would've won GFs without trouble. But if you, or any other West Coast fan, still want to get all pissy, then go ahead.
lol.. Matera basically won the 92 grand final off his own boot. Judd was merely a great player surrounded by great players. Which is not the case at Carlton these days.

lol.. Matera basically won the 92 grand final off his own boot. Judd was merely a great player surrounded by great players. Which is not the case at Carlton these days.
West Coast would've won 92 anyway, you thought Geelong were a chance? Laughable. "Judd was merely a great player" Pffft! That's laughable alright. He was your best player. This poll isn't Matera/Cousins, Matera/Cox, Matera/Kerr. But no, almost all West Coast fans, and some neutrals, will resent Judd, so they have to make up **** like naming any comparable, but slighlty inferior, players and say he's better than Judd. Matera, Kemp, Lewis, Mainwaring, **** even Wally Matera will do. As long as "we" don't say Judd is the best/better player. It's ridiculous! But anyway, it's your /their hurt backside.

West Coast would've won 92 anyway, you thought Geelong were a chance? Laughable. "Judd was merely a great player" Pffft! That's laughable alright. He was your best player. This poll isn't Matera/Cousins, Matera/Cox, Matera/Kerr. But no, almost all West Coast fans, and some neutrals, will resent Judd, so they have to make up **** like naming any comparable, but slighlty inferior, players and say he's better than Judd. Matera, Kemp, Lewis, Mainwaring, **** even Wally Matera will do. As long as "we" don't say Judd is the best/better player. It's ridiculous! But anyway, it's your /their hurt backside.

Matera was amazing. Judd wasn't even the best player in his team. Cousins and Kerr were both better. And Murphy is better at Carlton.

Again a comedic reply.. Not denying Judd is a great player and provided an exceptional service while at the Eagles, but you overrate him in this particular comparison. And by all means, keep trolling away!

Matera by a long way. Do not judge number of Brownlows as a players value to his team (for which Matera should have got a couple).

Matera had huge influence for a much longer time at the wee-girls. As a spectator there has not been a better player to watch in full flight than Matera - a truly damaging player. Universally respected by absolutely everyone - totally unlike the self-serving Judd.

PS: Matera's skills were sublime - how often can anyone remember Matera butchering the ball (quite the opposite) whereas Judd does it all the time.

Judd was west coast's best 3 players ever. he was that good.
Matera (South Freo player) was one of the best wings I've ever seen, but Judd was something else.

When Judd gets the tap on the shoulder from his coach and gets told to play on the Half-Back flank, and then goes and does it so well that he gets yet another AA jumper because of it, then I'll give Judd some extra points. Until then, it's Matera.

As for the comment that the Eagles would have won the 1992 GF without Matera - unbelievable. Peter Matera & Tony Evans. The only two Eagles who did anything that first half. 5 goals from the wing in a GF we won by 28 points means that you take him out of the side... we lose. Simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matera was amazing. Judd wasn't even the best player in his team.

Ah ... the old up-talk down-talk trick!

Can I have a go?

Judd was the best player in the league, Matera wasn't even the best at his own club. Judd's won multiple MVP's and Brownlow's whereas Matera could only muster one club B&F over his entire career, in the year WCE finished second last on the ladder.

How was that? LOL.

Seriously, one of the more useless kind of posts you'll find on BigFooty! Why did you bother?

haha
nothing courageous about lining up a bloke who isn't looking. watch bo peep (over his shoulder) go 2 waters once De Boer is in the vicinity :D

And the watch Scooter clean up De Boer again and knock him for a loop ;)

Just a pity we couldn't get Blayne Wilson out there either, DeBoer would have packed his dacks at the prospect of running into him again

Ah ... the old up-talk down-talk trick!

Can I have a go?

Judd was the best player in the league, Matera wasn't even the best at his own club. Judd's won multiple MVP's and Brownlow's whereas Matera could only muster one club B&F over his entire career, in the year WCE finished second last on the ladder.

How was that? LOL.

Seriously, one of the more useless kind of posts you'll find on BigFooty! Why did you bother?

Why did you even bother typing all that bullshit? I stated my opinion, stop being so offended.

Why did you even bother typing all that bullshit? I stated my opinion, stop being so offended.

Yes. You posted your opinion on an forum created for people to interact with opinions and take them to task if they so want. Welcome to that process. Don't be defensive, as nothing I wrote was bullshit. It's true that you did an up-talk down-talk jig and it really is as useless a contribution as my parody of it. Still, everything I said about both players in that parody is correct, unless you want to somehow prove otherwise.

Anyway, if that's your genuine opinion, don't be scared to stand by it and back it up if necessary. Let's start with Judd not even being the best at his club - so how do you explain him winning five club B&F's (including in a premiership year), 2 AFLPA MVP's and being Carlton's only All Australian for 3 years running?

Yes. You posted your opinion on an forum created for people to interact with opinions and take them to task if they so want. Welcome to that process. Don't be defensive, as nothing I wrote was bullshit. It's true that you did an up-talk down-talk jig and it really is as useless a contribution as my parody of it. Still, everything I said about both players in that parody is correct, unless you want to somehow prove otherwise.

Anyway, if that's your genuine opinion, don't be scared to stand by it and back it up if necessary. Let's start with Judd not even being the best at his club - so how do you explain him winning five club B&F's (including in a premiership year), 2 AFLPA MVP's and being Carlton's only All Australian for 3 years running?

I thought he was referring to his time at the Eagles, not at the Blues.

I thought he was referring to his time at the Eagles, not at the Blues.

Nope. He made direct reference to Marc Murphy in Judd's time at Carlton. Same point stands though even if you were correct. If we leave out the re-write's since Judd's departure, he was widely renowned as the best player in the league in his time with the Eagles. How is Daniel Kerr suddenly the better player? Sounds like complete crap to me, so why not ask the guy to throw up something a little more substantial than an up-talk down-talk routine?

Nope. He made direct reference to Marc Murphy in Judd's time at Carlton. Same point stands though even if you were correct. If we leave out the re-write's since Judd's departure, he was widely renowned as the best player in the league in his time with the Eagles. How is Daniel Kerr suddenly the better player? Sounds like complete crap to me, so why not ask the guy to throw up something a little more substantial than an up-talk down-talk routine?

I was talking about the Eagles Mr. Assumption. I always thought Cousins was the better player. How the hell is that an up-talk down-talk routine?

Peter Matera comfortably. he was all australian as a midfielder and defender. was also a better makeshift forward than judd. was also quicker, a better kick, a better mark, a better defensive player (matera often ran people down from a long way back, something judd rarely does even when he was superquick). Also matera's magic/pace hardly waned late in his career.

Matera. I loved watching that guy play, and I loved watching that Eagles era.
I'm a Freo supporter. All Freo supporters backing Matera count for triple points.

I was talking about the Eagles Mr. Assumption. I always thought Cousins was the better player.

Okay let's forget for a minute that your reasoning actually included, and I quote "Judd wasn't even the best player in his team. Cousins and Kerr were both better. And Murphy is better at Carlton". And instead, we'll pretend that's what you were really talking about. So why now is the guy widely renowned as the best player in the league in his time with the Eagles not as good as Daniel Kerr? How did he win his B&F if he wasn't at any stage the best player in his side? How did he ever land an AFLPA MVP?

How the hell is that an up-talk down-talk routine?

My God! Do you really need to ask? You said Matera was amazing. Well Judd was amazing too. You said Judd wasn't even the best on his team. Matera wasn't the best on his team either. So this is just an up-talk down-talk routine. Say a good thing about one player and a bad thing about another player and feign it as a legitimate comparison despite both things being potentially true for each player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back