Peter Moore / Josh Fraser..

Remove this Banner Ad

Gavin Brown was played out of position for most of his career-a wingman who had to play centre half back , centre half forward and full forward-didn't stop him from attacking the pill as though his life depended upon it.
Moore is way off the mark and obviously has a personal relationship with Josh which is blurring his objectivity.

We need a key froward that can consistently take contested marks. Josh Fraser is not that man. Never has been and never will. His best forward work was done as a 3rd tall forward. He has NEVER damaged as the main man. He isn't even as athletic as he used to be.

Our best chance at winning a flag is with Dawes and Cloke as our key forwards. For raser to play as a 3rd tall forward he will ahev to get a lot better at putting pressure on the opposition. Forward pressure is all important these days.

What about Peter McKenna when he played for Carlton same as Micky McGuane?

fair point Dave, I was pretty dark on Moore moving to Melbourne, still in a time when moving clubs was viewed poorly by all.

Difference with McGuane and McKenna though is they'd played their best footy for the Pies and didn't do much for the scum. Moore, however was good enough to win a Brownlow at Melbourne.....he walked out on the club....fans were pretty dark on him

fair point Dave, I was pretty dark on Moore moving to Melbourne, still in a time when moving clubs was viewed poorly by all.

Difference with McGuane and McKenna though is they'd played their best footy for the Pies and didn't do much for the scum. Moore, however was good enough to win a Brownlow at Melbourne.....he walked out on the club....fans were pretty dark on him

Fair Enough if I was a Born Then I probably been Ticked off too but I think I would be over it now.

What he did then is the norm now

Fair Enough if I was a Born Then I probably been Ticked off too but I think I would be over it now.

What he did then is the norm now

yeah, my mate's older brother unceremoniously threw away his Peter Moore badge :). I loved watching Peter in the B&W, his ruck run up was fantastic

I think Peter Moore is a pretty smart bloke, he's got an opinion on the whole Josh Fraser saga, in fact everyone has, but actually mentored Josh and has a one-on-one insight so I think has a better chance of perspective and understanding of Josh

Problem the Pies have ATM is we have many players vying for similar positions, have a group of tall's who can play in multiple positions, and can even afford to give Maxy what seems to be an extra week's rest. So where do fit in our 202cm forward/ruck?

I would rather play Peter Moore than Josh Fraser atm

Well he was at last Week's VFL Game:

36966_1211146217933_1807107874_406643_4570554_n.jpg

i wonder if Peter Moore knows that he's given an another opportunity for the forum to bag Josh Fraser.

But its good to see that Josh is being compared to another Magpie in Chris Dawes. Last month, Josh wasn't worth a boot stud in comparison to Cam Woods. It seems that everyone has gone a little shy on young Cam, as he struggles to get a kick in the VFL. ZSo its nice that we've updated the comparison list...

Fraser kicked 3 goals last week and played pretty well in the VFL. He probably needs to do it again and keep his form up and wait and see what happens in the seniors.

In the earlier part of the season, Chris Dawes has shown a bit of form but he's still inconsistent. Leroy and Dawes are both in the team because of some good form in the VFL. If they keep their form, it might be hard for Josh. But its a long season...things will change... including the player that Fraser is going to get compared to..

btw. I hope Cam has a good game on the weekend and puts some pressure on the selectors to pick him for the seniors..

Josh about to start another VFL game.

Hopefully he can back up with another 20+ HO and a few goals.

Keep the pressure on Dawes and L.Brown in the ones.

Josh is good enough to replace either of them if their form drops away......it aint as if we are talking about two seasoned players who always play quality football.

Time for Wood to actually do something at VFL level too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hanging off the play like a seagull today for some cheapies. No chance in hell that he can play forward if today is an example.

Wood made some brain farts and does not deserve elevation, but it's clear he is a far superior tap-ruck and better contested mark.

Fraser can count himself extremely lucky to have two goals.

If Keefe was in the seniors, you'd almost pick him ahead of Wood and Fraser on today's effort.

A big kick out of the goalsquare and not a limp looking player, actually showed some vitality.

Just wonder if both Josh and Cam are a bit lost with the coaching group at the momment and what their role is supposed to be. The previous comments about Josh being thrown to the wolves, his one out rucking against a pair of monsters in most cases, are 100% correct. Yet tonight, we do it again. However, the staed philosophy is too play two ruckman as most premiers have two ruckman.

While Josh and Cam's current form might not be at their best, can't help and think they are a bit frustrated with what's going on around them.

For the record, Jolly and Wood is the right combination and it has more to do with Wood going past Josh after the Adelaide game at Aami a few years ago. Leigh Brown when playing consistant football is that swingman between front and back. Remember, Keefe was a volleyballer from Gympie who hadn't played before (bit like Karmichael Hunt). Give him another year and he will be a long term player.

Any "old" Collingwood supporter will tell you what they think of Peter Moore.

He left a side that had just played in 3 grand finals, where he had won a Brownlow and Copelands, FOR MONEY, to go to the scum that is Melbourne.

I won't repsect him, because he has no right to be respected.

Problem is, if we had paid blokes what they were worth in those days, we might have won a few more flags, and blokes like Bobby Rose wouldn't have to go play in the bush for money and blokes like Peter Moore wouldn;'t have left either.

Bobby Rose left for money, are you going to bag him too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Moore / Josh Fraser..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back