Peter Wright contact with Harry Cunningham: Pleads Guilty and Receives 4 Week Suspension

How long will Peter be in the sin bin?

• 0 weeks

Votes: 33 13.9%
  • 1 week

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 22 9.2%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 76 31.9%
  • 5 weeks

Votes: 26 10.9%
  • 6+ weeks

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Precedent set.
I look forward to Sydney supporters opinions when one of their players braces for impact and get a months holiday 😅.
You know that wont happen, remember when zerk had to be cleared by the tribunal for his face breaking heeneys hand? Warners elbow to wrights head in this game? Heeneys closed fist punch to the face in this game?

Precedent set.
I look forward to Sydney supporters opinions when one of their players braces for impact and get a months holiday 😅.
I look forward to the carnage we’ll see if incentivising everyone to just leave themselves wide open if they’re about to be in an avoidable collision results in everyone just leaving themselves wide open at all times.

I’m sure that will end well.

I wish he did as well - then he would have got 10.

You have no idea.

He was late and he chose to protect himself at the expense of his opponent.

Fake tough guy stuff from the bombers
No, I mean put his knees up and basically kill him, while putting his hands up for the ball.

This is a great example of how we need to train players not to brace, but to use their knees to protect themselves from suicidal maniacs

Using a still to prove a point, ok. Maybe watch the actual footage
It is an interesting still though.
  1. No eyes for the ball
  2. Elbow is above the ball - therefore he has never intended to mark it.
  3. Elbow is smashing Cunninghams face.
And you want play on - lol

No, I mean put his knees up and basically kill him, while putting his hands up for the ball.

This is a great example of how we need to train players not to brace, but to use their knees to protect themselves from suicidal maniacs
You are unhinged

Using a still to prove a point, ok. Maybe watch the actual footage

His shoulder was tucked a LONG way out. Interesting way of “marking” the ball or being in the contest. He’s not that type of player but he made a very poor decision. He will learn and he said he will tonight and that’s a great attitude. Every player has made an error or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. No eyes for the ball
The still is clearly after wright decided to protect himself. Umpire had no issue with it and he was on the spot

1. No eyes for the ball

More annoyed that 4 useless umpires couldn’t see a player had his face smacked to the next suburb and wasn’t a free! How they have jobs this week I’ll never know

The still is clearly after wright decided to protect himself. Umpire had no issue with it and he was on the spot
So you are arguing that Essendon players should be entitled to protect themselves by driving their elbows through opposition players heads?

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

He pleaded guilty,both sides submitted he was never going to mark the ball ffs.
I assume you have never played footy, there comes a point where you realise you cant mark it. sometimes that point is to late to change direction, at that point you naturally would try and protect yourself in the collision

I’m sure Essendon supporters were apart of the mass hysteria last September that forced the AFL to change the rules.

So all I can say is, Karma!!!

to be honest if wrights needs to have a holiday so the next bloke that does what Maynard does has one too, then its a holiday well spent.

I assume you have never played footy, there comes a point where you realise you cant mark it. sometimes that point is to late to change direction, at that point you naturally would try and protect yourself in the collision
Despite all the information available ,a few posts ago you said he was trying to mark it now he was protecting himself .
You have changed direction more than mh370.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Wright contact with Harry Cunningham: Pleads Guilty and Receives 4 Week Suspension

Back