Who's your pick?

• Petrie

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Koschitzke

Votes: 35 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously, I'm biased, but I think Kossie is a great young prospect and he will develop into a fantastic player in the future. He is already a gun, and, if he can keep injury free in the future, the sky is certainly the limit for him.
I know little to nothing about Drew Petrie, so I can't comment on him at all.
Just know that Kossie is very welcome at St Kilda and his bright- as-the-sun future is very much anticipated.

I actually like them both, which is rare for these comparisons.

I'd probably go Petrie for injury concerns, but with enduring fitness I'd go for Koschitzke because he's got a bit more mongrel in him.

I don't reckon this is a fair comparison...how can you judge a injury prone young player vs another who has played a complete season and has been quite steady in his progress.

Needless to say who I prefer but I'd like to throw up another comparison....

Corey Jones or Aaron Hamill

Petrie, by an absolute mile.
* plays at hardest position on the ground at CHF
* A Vice Captain, and only 20 years old.
* Excellent Media skills
*Already a growing high profile status.
*Cult figure among North fans.
*Always very friendly at Training.
*Plays the game hard, but always fair,

Enough said.

Go North in 2004.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NorthBoi96, how many of those qualities does Koschitzke lack?

Originally posted by Porthos
NorthBoi96, how many of those qualities does Koschitzke lack?
Quite a few actually:
- Kosi doesn't play at CHF, he barely even plays.
- Kosi isn't Vice Captain at 20 yrs of age.
- Kosi might have good media skills, but we hardly ever see him on TV.
- Kosi isn't a cult figure amongst North fans ;)

I'll grant the rest! :D

I actually like them both, which is rare for these comparisons.

I'd probably go Petrie for injury concerns, but with enduring fitness I'd go for Koschitzke because he's got a bit more mongrel in him.

Drew's got plenty of mongrel in him. Already the team enforcer at 20yo. The Roger Merrett of the new millenium (Essendon days that is)

Will be the next captain of the Roos (assuming we're still around:eek: )

Originally posted by Passmore
Drew's got plenty of mongrel in him. Already the team enforcer at 20yo. The Roger Merrett of the new millenium (Essendon days that is)

Will be the next captain of the Roos (assuming we're still around:eek: )

Apparently, we wont be around in 3 years. Thats been the word since '96.

Originally posted by Passmore
Hmm, ok. The reason I like him is because I distinctly recall him separating a potential fight in one match when it was clear the hotheads involved wouldn't, and someone would probably get fined/suspended. He didn't do it like a ******** where you are really just escalating events by shoving the opponent, but like he just wanted to get on with the game, no false machismo. In a 20 year old, I would have to respect that a lot more than being an `enforcer'.

All that said, we already have `Nice Guy' Warren, so I'd still lean to Koschitzke.

Hmm, ok. The reason I like him is because I distinctly recall him separating a potential fight in one match when it was clear the hotheads involved wouldn't, and someone would probably get fined/suspended. He didn't do it like a ******** where you are really just escalating events by shoving the opponent, but like he just wanted to get on with the game, no false machismo. In a 20 year old, I would have to respect that a lot more than being an `enforcer'.

All that said, we already have `Nice Guy' Warren, so I'd still lean to Koschitzke.

Your going on one incident. On that, yeah, you wouldn't think he was a fearsome footballer.

He laid more tackles than any North player last year. From a 3rd year 20 yo CHF who stands at 197cm, IMO that is enough evidence to suggest he is more physical than Kositchke.

He is not dirty, and I don;t agree with the Merrett comparison at all, but he gets plenty angry when it is actually needed or worth it. He might not belt blokes, but he lays a hit when he can, grinds blokes into the ground and lays more physical pressure than anyone his size in the game.

Oh, and he can play a bit.

Between he and Kosi? Not really a good comparison IMO. Kosi looks like a natural CHB to me who can push forward sometimes, but his injuries make it tough to pick him.

They played on each other this year and Drew won comfortably in a side that was sh1t for 70% of the contest. They rucked for a while and Drew smashed him in the middle and swung the game.

Both guns and I reckon they will have some excellent duals in the future.

Looking with clear eyes I have top pick Petrie, he seems fitter and more consistant. He is a buit Tredrea like-a pretty imposing figure, hard at the ball, good to his team-mates.

I really like Kosi, he's a most accomplished young bloke with real talent, and I hope he goes on to play injury free for the rest of his career. If he gets the chance I reckon he'd be even better than Petrie, but ATM Petrie is a better choice.

Koschitzke can play Ruck, CHF, and CHB. Petrie can play Ruck and CHF. Although Kossi has injury doubts, I'd still like to think he's a better player than Petrie.

Originally posted by Dingster
Both are good young players, but (bias aside) Petrie will be the gun and future captain at North. Kosi will be a very good player...under the wings of Riewoldt.

All that says to me is that Riewoldt doesn't play for the roos. Kosi for mine, saw both as Juniors and IMO it will be not long b4 he's back up with Nick as a genuine leader going forward as long as they don't try to make him a ruckman.

Again, biased opinion. But it does have to be Petire at this stage, 21 now and already in the leadership roles with the likes of Adam Simpson, Shannon Grant and brent Harvey, will Laidley's full intenion of Petrie taking over Simpson in 3-5 years.

Petrie has probably the best defensive ability for a CHF in the leagfue aswell, so along with his marking and goal kicking ability, you have a 200cm guy that will chase, smother and tackle all day committing, putting his body on the line. Probably the main focus at our club right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Petrie or Koschitzke

Back