Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like your 2 Gabbie have a lot of good play area for em :thumbsu:

This was Jack earlier today using Princess (our Maltese/Poodle) as a pillow....

img95231.jpg

and this Jack getting upset by something my brother was wearing...

[YOUTUBE]fjO_VakTwZQ[/YOUTUBE]

Looks like your 2 Gabbie have a lot of good play area for em :thumbsu:

This was Jack earlier today using Princess (our Maltese/Poodle) as a pillow....

img95231.jpg

and this Jack getting upset by something my brother was wearing...

[YOUTUBE]fjO_VakTwZQ[/YOUTUBE]

They tend to stick to patrolling the boundary, Clyde would walk a mile for a shady spot. Yard is an ongoing project as there was nothing there when I bought house.

Princess must be easy going. :thumbsu:

Note to self don't turn on video of Jack or any dog barking while my two are flopped on floor beside me - got a bit confused and raced to front door and had a bit of a bark off.:D You should see reaction if I'm watching the Dog Whisperer.:D

They tend to stick to patrolling the boundary, Clyde would walk a mile for a shady spot. Yard is an ongoing project as there was nothing there when I bought house.

Princess must be easy going. :thumbsu:

Note to self don't turn on video of Jack or any dog barking while my two are flopped on floor beside me - got a bit confused and raced to front door and had a bit of a bark off.:D You should see reaction if I'm watching the Dog Whisperer.:D

Jack is same when he hears or and see a dog on the TV :p

What's with dogs and their superior to mine eyesight???

Bonnie the Wonder Dog was lurking around front yard with me just now and firstly her nose went into overdrive in the sniffing department along the fence, then the whine kicked in, then barks. Nothing I could see happening in street and house across road, neighbours out is all I know. Hope nobody is breaking in or worse SNAKES. :eek: Told her that she only has to worry about OUR house and yard.

Clyde didn't give a toss so it can't be that bad.

What's with dogs and their superior to mine eyesight???

Bonnie the Wonder Dog was lurking around front yard with me just now and firstly her nose went into overdrive in the sniffing department along the fence, then the whine kicked in, then barks. Nothing I could see happening in street and house across road, neighbours out is all I know. Hope nobody is breaking in or worse SNAKES. :eek: Told her that she only has to worry about OUR house and yard.

Clyde didn't give a toss so it can't be that bad.

My hero (the Dog Whisperer) always tries to get problem dogs to use the nose. When he's rebuilding a dog from the ground up that's where he always starts. Apparently, they're born blind and deaf but they can smell straight away.

When Cesar did an episode on rattlesnakes he had several snakes in cages and the dog (wearing an e-collar) had to walk past the cages to get to the owner. Everytime the dog became too curious with the nose about what was in the cage it was zapped with a very mild dose of electricity. So mild that one of the owners could hold the collar while the charge was being administered.

Anyway, the next time they did the test (from memory a few weeks later), the dogs went the long way around to be reunited with their owners.

As for the eyes, horses are hard to beat. It's probably related to their instinct to spot danger from afar and flee from it.

My hero (the Dog Whisperer) :thumbsu::thumbsu:always tries to get problem dogs to use the nose. When he's rebuilding a dog from the ground up that's where he always starts. Apparently, they're born blind and deaf but they can smell straight away.

When Cesar did an episode on rattlesnakes he had several snakes in cages and the dog (wearing an e-collar) had to walk past the cages to get to the owner. Everytime the dog became too curious with the nose about what was in the cage it was zapped with a very mild dose of electricity. So mild that one of the owners could hold the collar while the charge was being administered.

Anyway, the next time they did the test (from memory a few weeks later), the dogs went the long way around to be reunited with their owners.

As for the eyes, horses are hard to beat. :thumbsu: It's probably related to their instinct to spot danger from afar and flee from it.

Missed that episode. What amazes me is a lot of the people he helps have these HUGE dogs in apartments or small concreted yards. :confused: That's cruel in my book. Some of those dog owners he helps have nut cases for pets who make my two look PERFECT.

I have picked up some tips from watching Cesar especially with command words and signals that I tried on them so they must have been trained before I had them. He's coming out to Oz soon, wish he was coming up here as I'd like to see his reaction to my "what do I do with a dog that likes to eat Wallaby poo?" :D:D Vet told me no drama. I'd say Bonnie passed with an A but Clyde only a B plus, he's a bit of a loveable bogan, but my bogan.

In the "olden days" Dalmations were used by fire fighters to go into buildings (if they could) to sniff out for people who have succumed to smoke inalation because they are good sniffers. That's why you always see old pics of red fire trucks with a Dally sitting up with the driver.

Meet North Members Lucy and Harry. Lucy is the leggy blonde and Harry the black alpha male. Their best mate is our black burmese cat, Opal. Those three are pissers. I will upload a pic of Opal, shes a crack up.

SV400006.jpg

And this is Opal.

Opal1.jpg

We adopted Opal only 18 months ago as a 9 year old. I had known Opal for a couple of years but the owner had to give her up due to health issues so I was happy to take her in. As we already had two adult dogs we weren't sure how she would settle but she has been sensational. She hangs out with the dogs, sleeps with them but also gives them a few quick jabs when she gets the opportunity:D. The dogs just love her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this is Opal.

Opal1.jpg

We adopted Opal only 18 months ago as a 9 year old. I had known Opal for a couple of years but the owner had to give her up due to health issues so I was happy to take her in. As we already had two adult dogs we weren't sure how she would settle but she has been sensational. She hangs out with the dogs, sleeps with them but also gives them a few quick jabs when she gets the opportunity:D. The dogs just love her.

Did she come from a family that had dogs or did she just feel comfortable with the Bigeasy family dogs?

Did she come from a family that had dogs or did she just feel comfortable with the Bigeasy family dogs?

She did live with another dog and totally dominated it so I was bit weary when I brought her home because Harry is a very dominant dog and protects Lucy so I wasn't sure how he would react. After 2 minutes it was quite clear that Harry had become smitten with Opal:eek:, talk about melting like butter.

Now she completely dominates them both and they love it. We are very lucky.

And this is Opal.

Opal1.jpg

Good looking pets there BE. Bet Opal has those two woofers right where she wants them, Alpha Cat. :)

If you see me first vid, you'll notice my backyard isn't all that big. But we do have a park 3 minutes walking distance away. I think you have a big dogs you gotta at least be near a park.

Your yard looks big enough for your dog. Yep, need parks nearby. Mine get big walk early morning only now since the weather has heated up ( we head out at 5.50 a.m. :eek:) Lucky I have the footy/recreation ground 2 minutes walk from me. Unfortunately there isn't a fenced dog park on the island and by law dogs have to be on leads. Lots of wildlife to be protected from dogs on loose here.

Good looking pets there BE. Bet Opal has those two woofers right where she wants them, Alpha Cat. :)

Yes Gabbie, Opal although female is the Alpha Cat but Harry allows her to rule. Both Harry and Opal are very close and often snuggle up to each other for a snooze. Opal is not a fan of Lucy and often waits for Lucy to walk past before giving her two or three short sharp swipes. When she does it to Harry, he just stands there and takes it and then just walks off.

I don't understand how people don't like pets, they are unconditional, loyal and great to come home to after a crappy day at work.

Our cat Max had the run of our fairly big back yard until Archie came along, we tried to get them used to each other but Max would not have a bar of it. It didn't help that puppy Archie wanted to play chasies all the time. On one memorable occasion they met in the lounge and Max took off up the passage until he came to the shut bedroom door at the end, Max runs/climbs straight up the door almost to the ceiling, sort of does a backflip and runs back up the passage in the opposite direction, meanwhile as Max is in mid backflip Archie hits the door head first at full steam. We really were rolling on the floor laughing.

These days the dogs rule the back yard and Max rules the front.

Apart from the yard our dogs mostly exercise at the beach, a three minute drive away.

Wish I was near a beach, Jack loves going in the water and playing fetch along the beach.

Yeah, Archie loves the water too, most Labs do. But Marvin is not a fan, he's better now, but when we first adopted him and went to the beach he would try to tiptoe really slowly through the puddles. Archie would play fetch with a stick in the ocean all day if we let him.

Wish I was near a beach, Jack loves going in the water and playing fetch along the beach.

I live about 10 minutes walk from the beach, Horseshoe Bay which is HUGE and has a designated section where you can walk woofers. I would love to take them every day but my problem is some of the local ferals take their agressive dogs there NOT ON A LEAD :mad: and if I'm by myself with my two I don't have the strength to hold them back should things get "willing". If we walk past a house where their dog is going ape at the fence Clyde gets into "YOU TALKING TO ME" mode and Bonnie goes all girly and wimpers. At their age I'm not going to push the issue and stick to the park.

By the way, they do like the beach which is a shame.

Our cat Max had the run of our fairly big back yard until Archie came along, we tried to get them used to each other but Max would not have a bar of it. It didn't help that puppy Archie wanted to play chasies all the time. On one memorable occasion they met in the lounge and Max took off up the passage until he came to the shut bedroom door at the end, Max runs/climbs straight up the door almost to the ceiling, sort of does a backflip and runs back up the passage in the opposite direction, meanwhile as Max is in mid backflip Archie hits the door head first at full steam. We really were rolling on the floor laughing.

These days the dogs rule the back yard and Max rules the front.

Apart from the yard our dogs mostly exercise at the beach, a three minute drive away.

Poor Archie the puppy, trying to make friends and probably got a hiss and a spit for his trouble. The things your pets do that have you laughing and only you and fellow pet lovers get it. Bonnie the Wonder Dog nearly went face first into the washing machine while trying to catch a fly, she put out her front paws and went into skid mode. "Centermetre Perfect". :D Not as nearly as funny as the day a lorikeet misjudged it's flight path and flew into the back screen door, shook itself off mid flight and changed direction and took off. Cracked me up. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back