News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

As a less than perfect son of very driven parents i can imagine the sort of tension that may have existed in that relationship. Very sad that this happened in any family much less someone we all know.

Mate, I am another far less than perfect son. I have done a few not so good things in my life and I get the feeling my dad is pretty disappointed in me in a lot of ways and I don't blame him.

Nevertheless, there have been some great ideas for tributes to Phil and I've got another one ... give your dad or your son a call today. I will be doing just that.

:eek:OMG........I only just found out about this, took a break from footy browsing after last nights loss, this is so shocking and disturbing , I'm at a loss...

we might be rival clubs on and off the field with some dislike but today we stand united in Phil's passing, so shocked I'm like in a out of body experience

please Walsh family, friends , colleagues and AFC fans accept my condolences , support, prayers, love:hearts:

absolutely gutted:cry:

deepest condolences to the Walsh family & to the Adelaide football club.

in_times_of_emdk3c.jpg

I got up late this morning feeling good. Switched on the computer and now have a feeling of disbelief. My gut is unsettled. Cant believe this has happened.

Vale Phil Walsh:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Doesn't mean he's guilty of course, but you'd assume this soon after the incident that the evidence must be pretty overwhelming. Such a tragedy.

To think that while Walsh was spending his life guiding and mentoring our young men, he was also trying to guide and mentor his son who obviously needed more help than any of the Crows. I never even realised. Indescribably tragic.

From a quote earlier it appears as though there was a significant disconnect between Phil and his son. Devastating that whatever issues between them have led to this. Indescribably tragic for the Walsh family and obviously Phil himself. It's strange, football seems so meaningless now, but it's only because of football that this hits so hard.

surely they will cancel the game. Noone will be able to focus in 2 days time, no-one will be able to focus in 3 months time for that matter. Titus O'Reilley nailed it in his article today. We are all connected by footy, regardless of the team we follow. He is a huge loss to the game and to us footy fans....but that is nothing compared to the loss to his family, friends the AFC and the players. Im sad for all of them, huge loss. RIP mate.

Phil was instrumental in West Coasts resurgence in 2011. His forward press helped elevate us from wooden spooners to a preliminary final.

No sense can ever be made from tragedies such as this.

My thoughts are with his family, friends and all those he worked along side throughout his career at seven different football clubs.

Vale Phil Walsh.

Geez the emotions surrounding the Showdown in a couple of weeks is going to be something. A tribute with all players, Port and Crows standing side by side, arms linked would be fitting.

I very, very rarely post on here, but I'll ask all BF members to change their avatar for this weekends round as a show of
respect to Phil, his family & the Adelaide Football Club.

The best pic is on page 21, post #502........over to you lads.

It really would be something else if we all did this for a few days......a BF salute of sorts.

If it is alright, I would like to honor his memory with this avatar. I know he spent time in this country and he certainly has friends this way.

I agree with others that have already said it...give your children, wife, significant other an extra hug and your parents a call.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back