News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

:cry: really liked him as a coach. So sad, i don't believe it. This happens to other people all the time. But not to a footy coach.

Hope the games a draw this weekend

Turning the TV in the morning has never felt so shocking. Tragic event, I will never forget Phil's presser last week when he brought up Van Gogh and applied to the team, that will always be my favourite memory of him as Crows coach. Rest in peace.

Just terrible news.... i know it helps probably little but our thoughts and support are with you all.

For those struggling more than others please talk to someone.

Thoughts are with you, your community and of course the Walsh family.

I remember smiling listening to him post game after the dangerfield v fyfe battle. Thinking he is maybe crazy but the good, love that bloke would be great to chat and have a beer with, make you laugh type of aussie amazing crazy. He will be missed, by many and i think even the game itself.

Ugh.:(

That's the only thing i can say at the moment.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends, such a pointless and tragic thing to happen.

I just can't see how the players can pull themselves together in 2 days for a match, it just seems impossible to me.

Vale - Phil Walsh.

Isn't there a presser or video clip, somewhere online, where Phil spoke recently of his need to reconnect with his son?

I remember hearing it and noting it, but never dreamed of the enormity of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A port mate just posted this

11120928_682548911888792_520263218_n.jpg

RIP Phil Walsh. I just don't know what to do with myself. Heart breaking for his wife, daughter, family, and the Crows players and officials such as Roo.

Clearly a lot of issues behind closed doors.

A simple message for all parents to work less, and spend more time with their children and family. There is more to life.

Titus O'Reily absolutely nailing it

http://titusoreily.com/some-random-thoughts-on-a-bad-morning/

Some random thoughts on a bad morning

All we are really looking for in this life is a connection.

For all the brash talk sometimes of not needing anyone else, all we really want is some connection to other people, to something bigger than ourselves, to the broad mass of humankind.

It’s kind of the reason we follow sport as passionately as we do. Deep down on a some level we know it’s silly, pointless really in the scheme of things.

Yet it’s never really about a game where a bunch of people chase a ball around or arguing about whether one grown man properly disposed of the ball or held a mark long enough. It’s the human element, that connection to other people, often people we have never met.

It’s even people we’ve never heard about but we know are out there. That mass of footy fans out there, all riding the highs and lows, all pouring time into something that only has meaning because we all choose to give it meaning.

There are far better people than me to eulogise Phil Walsh. I imagine what we are all feeling is a very poor facsimile of what the people who actually knew him are currently feeling.

So why do the rest of us react to this like we do? To the passing of someone we didn’t even know? After all, it’s a sad fact of life that wonderful people pass away all the time, often to the ignorance of the majority of us.

I think we react like this because what we feel is the breaking of one of those connections.

Someone who cared about something we did, who shared experiences, probably admired people we did and shared the joy and frustrations of this game is gone.

We also sense something that is at the heart of much of life; that it often makes no sense. Searching for meaning where there is none is part of why we all feel a bit lost this morning.

The only comfort I can find in this is that so many others are feeling what I’m feeling today. We’re all connected because of football and we are lucky to be.

Vale Phil Walsh

An absolute tragedy. Taken far too early. Influenced and shaped the lives of hundreds of young men who've grown to become leaders of their industry.

RIP big Phil, passed away tragically while chasing a lifelong dream

I'm shattered.

When I think that we won't hear or see Walshy anymore I think is this real or just a bloody nightmare that I can't seem to get out of.

Then I think if I feel like this, how must his wife feel. Even worse for her that it was their son who has condemned her and all of us to feel as we do.

RIP Walshy. You will be sadly missed and always be remembered for the quality person and football identity that you were.
Yep , had a very close friend go unexpectatly a while back , my wife said to me it probably wont hit you till in about a months time , she was right. We can all get on with it , don't know if his family ever can , bloody rotten straw to be dealt .

Isn't there a presser or video clip, somewhere online, where Phil spoke recently of his need to reconnect with his son?

I remember hearing it and noting it, but never dreamed of the enormity of it.
As a less than perfect son of very driven parents i can imagine the sort of tension that may have existed in that relationship. Very sad that this happened in any family much less someone we all know.

A simple message for all parents to work less, and spend more time with their children and family. There is more to life.

Funny, I said this exact thing to my gf yesterday. She works 5 days at the hospital, spends the rest of her time cleaning houses for extra money. There's more to life :)

This was one of the last things I expected to hear when I turned the news on this morning. Completely stunned, and still trying to process things. I feel sick thinking about it. Thoughts are with this family, friends, and everyone at the club at this time.

An absolute tragedy. Taken far too early. Influenced and shaped the lives of hundreds of young men who've grown to become leaders of their industry.

RIP big Phil, passed away tragically while chasing a lifelong dream

Thanks for your thoughts Porked04, for all the carparkistan and 24 and a half year anniversary jibes at the "Camrys" you are not a bad bloke underneath it all :)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back