News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to say that this man was destined for greatness. Reality is we all have our flaws but this man was a leader amongst leaders.

I was fortunate enough to be at Phil Walsh's last ever game. Crows v Lions at the Gabba. Typical Crows game, kicked like 3 legged mules for most of the game and overcame a 3-4 goal deficient to eventually win.

Earlier that day I took a commemorative Crows jersey that had the names of all the Crows players printed on it to that point for framing....was going to gift it. After the Walsh news I decided to keep it and it now hangs pride of place at home.

Still remember waking up and seeing the news on Twitter.

Also remember it was after the Swans-Power game, the only game without players and senior coach forming a circle.

Then I watched the Today show for more.

Also, around that time, my sister and her then partner bought a pup prior to it all and I was introduced to it.

Can’t believe 9 bloody years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My hubby was one of the last people to interview Phil after the Brisbane game. Phil was ecstatic with the scrappy win. He was due to speak at our breakfast the following morning, but he decided he wanted to get back to see players in the twos play, so he came across after the match to honour his commitment (first time that had ever happened). I remember Phil Harper saying to me later in the week after the tragedy, that that night was the happiest he’d seen Walshy.

IMG_7245.jpeg

My hubby was one of the last people to interview Phil after the Brisbane game. Phil was ecstatic with the scrappy win. He was due to speak at our breakfast the following morning, but he decided he wanted to get back to see players in the twos play, so he came across after the match to honour his commitment (first time that had ever happened). I remember Phil Harper saying to me later in the week after the tragedy, that that night was the happiest he’d seen Walshy.

View attachment 2037598
The game he went to the next day was against Port, SANFL game.

I went to that game and went out on the oval at quarter time. He circled the group and grabbed Riley Knight. Had a few words with him.

Then he back to talk to David Noble.

Said to my mate the club is in good hands with these two in charge.

His last game of Footy. Against the club he was a life member at.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back