Preview Pick 10

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I think he will be a late 2nd round selection at best.

Geez I'd rate him a very good second round chance. Since he is quite good in close, that's the reason why I mentioned his name earlier.

Mods sorry to be a hassle but can this stanton bagging be moved to a more appropriate post as its very much off topic. I'm guilty for responding to Donners slur so apologise for that.
Yep. Stanton bashing can be saved for the 'So who still wants to....' thread.

Any further derailing will be given a warning to start with.

The 02, 03 drafts off the top of my head are good examples of drafts that don't even have much top end talent.
Goddard, Brennan, J McVeigh, McIntosh, Winderlich, Cooney, Sylvia, McLean, Stanton are all first-rounders from those drafts.

All very good players on their day.

As bad as these drafts are in comparison to '97, '01, '06 and '08, they still show that each draft produces at least a few stars in the top end.

Goddard, Brennan, J McVeigh, McIntosh, Winderlich, Cooney, Sylvia, McLean, Stanton are all first-rounders from those drafts.

All very good players on their day.

As bad as these drafts are in comparison to '97, '01, '06 and '08, they still show that each draft produces at least a few stars in the top end.
Let's analyse:

Goddard and Cooney are quality. Both no. 1 picks though.
Brennan has finally gotten his act together.
McVeigh has been decent for a couple of years now.
McIntosh has had two good years with a shocking year in the middle.
McLean has gone backwards.
Sylvia's troubles have been well documented.
Stanton has been good but is frustrating to Essendon fans. Don't get me wrong as I'm certainly one of his fans but even I realise he has his shortcomings.
Winderlich has had massive injury problems and has yet to have an injury free year.

Looking at the draft now 2003 is the draft I was referring to. Rubbish draft.

Eagerly looking forward to reading the write ups by the blokes that know their stuff. Having had a brief read I am very skeptical at our chances of getting a very good player at 10. Last year was the time to get a pick late in the 1st round. Nevertheless I can still hope Scully slips:D

Rohan looks like a star i really hope he slides. Doesnt get much of it however when he does ur on the edge of ya seat. Think he would fit into our team and with fletch retiring soon we need another ginge
Also Martin would be great as mentioned earlier

i've only watched only patches of u/18s this year and the players i'd rate in order of my preference would be: 1. Tom Scully 2. John Butcher 3. Kane Lucas 4. Gary Rohan 5. Dylan McNeil 6. Jack Trengove 7. Anthony Morabito 8. Matthew Panos 9. Dustin Martin 10. Ben Cunnington

Its quite likely Essendon won't get a look in on any of scully, butcher, lucas, rohan, trengove, morabito who most expect to feature in the top 6.

That would leave pick 10 down to Dylan McNeil, Matthew Panos, Dustin Martin and Ben Cunnington for mine. McNeil is a Brent Harvey type handy with clearances, Panos a key forward whilst Martin and Cunnington are both hard nosed clearance mids. McNeil may not be expected to go this early but did make AA and is quite impressive. At the end of the day I'd be happy with any of the four but have a slight leaning to McNeil as he'd give us a genuine clearance rover who can kick goals.

For the next 2-3 picks its anyone's guess but I don't mind the look of these guys rated as such:
11. Roland Ah Chee 12. Allen Christensen 13. Byron Sumner 14. Daniel Talia 15. Luke Tapscott 16. Marcus Davies 17. Charlie McAdam 18. Aaron Black 19. Serlet Temel 20. Majak Daw

Glad you arent our recruiter If you would draft Ah Chee and McAdam that early with our picks. Will be lucky to be drafted at all.

if he doesn't get taken earlier, dustin martin's my pick. kid looks like a gun, tough, well-balanced and uses the ball beautifully on either side....

If we got another Stanton at pick 10 it would be the second steal in as many years.

Stants is a good player but we desperatly need an elite mid if we are going to contend. We need to land something a bit better than Stanton this year imo.

This is the reason i would be happy for us to trade out in order to get another top 10 pick. It will give us 2 bites at landing an elite midfielder.

Glad you arent our recruiter If you would draft Ah Chee and McAdam that early with our picks. Will be lucky to be drafted at all.

Not to mention Majek Daw at pick 20. :eek:

Was bored and just had a quick look over a couple of draft clips Anthony Morabito looks out of this world, just looked over in his thread in the draft board and some people talked about issues with his kicking but it looked alright to me. What do you reckon EFCboy do we have any hope of him sliding to us.

Morabito will go top five; no doubt about it. He has some serious talent to burn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was bored and just had a quick look over a couple of draft clips Anthony Morabito looks out of this world, just looked over in his thread in the draft board and some people talked about issues with his kicking but it looked alright to me. What do you reckon EFCboy do we have any hope of him sliding to us.
He's going to be gone by pick 7, guarentee it, ither Freo will take him or even if he slips to Eagles they won't pass up on him. No chance of getting to our pick

IMO:
1.Scully
2.Trengove
3.Butcher
4.Morabito
5.Rohan
6.Lucas
7.Martin
8.Panos
9.Cunnington
10.Tapscott

Only saw him on youtube which means nothing, however i wasnt impressed by his skills on occasion. Especially his handballing

His carnival video wasn't that impressive, but he's had a great season in the TAC Cup. And he's the type of mid we need. Hard at it, can win his own ball, good foot skills, and can push forward and kick a few goals. From all accounts he's a great leader too.

His carnival video wasn't that impressive, but he's had a great season in the TAC Cup. And he's the type of mid we need. Hard at it, can win his own ball, good foot skills, and can push forward and kick a few goals. From all accounts he's a great leader too.

Yeah your right does sounds like the type we need (unless we can develop myers into that roll).. I never take too much from those videos. I just had a few question marks on his handballing as it is a big feature in our game plan an looks to be a trend that its increasing for the future.

Also saladin agree with your hopes of KPP getting picked up early and also that martin will go early (from what ive seen).

All teams below us arnt set for KKP (except maybe wce could miss sumone tho) so there is a chance considering there is supposidly no depth later on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Pick 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back