Preview Pick 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a chance he'll come to us; but we can still throw the cheque book at him.

Melsham is a decent prospect, not sure he is top 10 material. That said if we like him we have to use pick 10, as he won't be there at pick 24. Would rather Koby Stevens at pick 10 as I feel he suits our more pressing needs a bit better than Melksham does. Although the more I think of it, the one we should hope falls is Luke Tapscott.

Although the more I think of it, the one we should hope falls is Luke Tapscott.

He should be there @ 10. He isn't a pure midfielder, or a super KP prospect. Would be surprised to see him go in the top 10.

Almost certain to get drafted in the first round still though.

He should be there @ 10. He isn't a pure midfielder, or a super KP prospect. Would be surprised to see him go in the top 10.

Almost certain to get drafted in the first round still though.

2 words PORT ADELAIDE. I have been wrong but I seriously doubt him lasting more than Port's 2 picks straight before our pick. They probably will go tall at one of them (take your pick with Panos, Talia, Butcher-if he slides, Carlile, etc) but they probably will take Tapscott with the other pick. Although we have a dead need for a inside mid, getting Tapscott will help our forwardline and midfield at the same time. My first preference is Stevens though as he suits our needs more.:thumbsu:

Melsham is a decent prospect, not sure he is top 10 material.

Is that because you don't have a ****ing clue about the potential draftees, but pretend you do?

Or is it just the latest groupthink?

My first preference is Stevens though as he suits our needs more.:thumbsu:

Can't disagree with that.

images

Is that because you don't have a ****ing clue about the potential draftees, but pretend you do?

Not really, I just don't think he suits our CURRENT needs. Mind you as long as we go small, I'll be happy. My worst fears are we'll go tall for the sake of doing it on draft day.

How did you come to the opinion that, because he doesn't suit Essendon's needs, he's not a top-10 pick?

If we don't take him, he won't go top 10, hence that statement is correct, as he won't go before pick 10, just cannot see it, unlike Tapscott who has the runs on the board to be a bolter in this draft. Reality is the top6-7 are done:

1. Scully
2. Trengove
3. Martin
4. Morabito
5. Cunnington
6. Rohan (thankfully he'll be gone before our pick)
7. Lucas

Port have picks 8 and 9, one will be a tall forward, likely to be Butcher or Panos, and frankly hard to see them not taking Tapscott at pick 8 or 9 as well as he is the next best midfielder.

We have pick 10, and who knows who we will get, hopefully Stevens as he is a more inside midfielder, and we need one desperately.

An idea from left field here but hear me out.

I've thought long and hard about this and I strongly believe we should recruit Courtney Johns with pick 10.

He has had a year or so out of the game to get his mind and body into the right shape. Whilst he suffered a season ending injury this year, he is on record for saying he wants to play AFL again. At pick 10, he is better than anything else on offer in a weak draft.

Johns has the pace and power to take over Lloyd's sport at FF. If we don't grab him with 10 I reckon others will come in and snap him up before our 2nd pick.

Get on Johnnsy!

Stuff Knights, let's give this guy the coaching job :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've thought long and hard about this and I strongly believe we should recruit Courtney Johns with pick 10.

He has had a year or so out of the game to get his mind and body into the right shape. Whilst he suffered a season ending injury this year, he is on record for saying he wants to play AFL again. At pick 10, he is better than anything else on offer in a weak draft.

Johns has the pace and power to take over Lloyd's sport at FF. If we don't grab him with 10 I reckon others will come in and snap him up before our 2nd pick.

Get on Johnnsy!
This will never happen and I can Guarntee if we wanted him we could get him for pick 33

Get on Johnnsy!

Don't know if you're taking the Mickey. If not ...
LOL even if we wanted to get Johnnsy we could draft him with the very last pick in the draft. He didn't succeed at his first go in the red and black, what has changed?

This will never happen and I can Guarntee if we wanted him we could get him for pick 33

If we wanted him we could get him at pick 89 or just ask him to go into the PSD and get him, as not other club would. Having said that it's not a left field idea it's just incomprehensibly bad.

What if Butcher slides to 10? We have a bevy of talls but if he's the best available player, do we take him anyway? We could then take 2 mids and a back pocket type with our three second round picks. I think we'll get a top quality mid with our first pick, but it would be hard to overlook Butcher if he slides that far.

What people in the know, Or people who want to have a crack (bombersno1:p) is list 10 players you would rank in order of best for EFC

Therefore we consider sliders as the person we rank as 5th for example could be available at pick 10 in the real draft. Im sure this happened last year with Brisbane and Rich they would have rated him potentially top 3 and got him at 7.

What we consider to best best player/fit for our club wont be that of other.

for example
butcher or any other KPP might not be in the top 10 players as we have a focus on midfielders.

Does this deserve its own thread?

2 words PORT ADELAIDE. I have been wrong but I seriously doubt him lasting more than Port's 2 picks straight before our pick. They probably will go tall at one of them (take your pick with Panos, Talia, Butcher-if he slides, Carlile, etc) but they probably will take Tapscott with the other pick. Although we have a dead need for a inside mid, getting Tapscott will help our forwardline and midfield at the same time. My first preference is Stevens though as he suits our needs more.:thumbsu:
The bolded text is the important part, here.

I'll give credit where it's due, though; Kelvin pales in comparison when it comes to winding people up.

I don't want to cause a stir or anything, but I watched the TAC Cup Grand Final and Melksham was pretty damn good that day. With my very limited knowledge of potential draftee's, I'd be happy with Melksham at 10 as the general consensus is that he won't last until 24.

Also, Steven's has OP right now doesn't he?

No chance whatsoever. Would be surprised to see him slip outside the top five.

I have him going to Port at pick 8, unless Sydney take him at 6. Top 6 will all be midfielders.

I don't want to cause a stir or anything, but I watched the TAC Cup Grand Final and Melksham was pretty damn good that day. With my very limited knowledge of potential draftee's, I'd be happy with Melksham at 10 as the general consensus is that he won't last until 24.

Also, Steven's has OP right now doesn't he?

Lets not overlook guys just due to "injury"..we along with others overlooked Selwood for that reason..what an inspired decision that is. OP can be fixed easily nowadays anyway. I agree that Melksham was good in that GF, just not sure he is the "best pick" for Essendon's needs.

Lets not overlook guys just due to "injury"..we along with others overlooked Selwood for that reason..what an inspired decision that is. OP can be fixed easily nowadays anyway. I agree that Melksham was good in that GF, just not sure he is the "best pick" for Essendon's needs.

No, I agree. I was more-so just raising a point, considering what OP did to Ball.

Sheedy came out and said we would have taken Selwood at pick 4 if the priority picks system hadn't changed. I'd say we passed on Selwood simply because of Gumbleton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Pick 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back