List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh if he wants to go to a basket case of a club who attack their own staff and players that’s his choice, no point trying to keep a player who doesn’t want to be here.

This will probably open the door to drafting Erasmus which I’m really excited about.

Glad he still put in some good shifts through the remainder of the season

Gets him a higher trade value, sure, but shows he still respected the club enough to perform. Some players just lose interest and those are the sort of players we would have gone for in the past (Lobb, McCarthy etc.)

All the best to him. Probably won't boo him unless he does something to warrant it

Victorian Media in October 2021 - “Freo’s UNBELIEVABLE trade demands for Cerra, Carlton great cautions the club for being unrealistic”
Victorian media in June 2022
“How did Freo let this absolute superstar of the competition walk away?”

while this is possible we haven't got much of that with Neale. I think everyone knows we didn't want him to leave, we got market and it was then obvious he left for money / a list not about to do a rebuild.

This club is cursed, honestly would not be surprised if we never win a single thing in any of our lifetimes.

The incompetence both on the field and off is off the chart, once again we will pick kids from the east.

Watch us bring in spuds like SPS and claim it was a win..... If we don't end up with a pick in the top 6 at a minimum for him I'm done.

This club is cursed, honestly would not be surprised if we never win a single thing in any of our lifetimes.

The incompetence both on the field and off is off the chart, once again we will pick kids from the east.

Watch us bring in spuds like SPS and claim it was a win..... If we don't end up with a pick in the top 6 at a minimum for him I'm done.
Yeah, we should draft only WA boys... like SPS...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only concern is if his decision has any effect at all on his best mates Darcy Brayshaw and Serong, and their investment in the club.

I got the feeling the big 3 (Darcy, Brayshaw and Serong) really wanted him to stay but he was always a tad introverted and stand off-ish. Seemed a bit one sided from their side of things to get him involved in the culture to stay. He never seemed to be very engaged in the banter etc.

From an outsiders perspective I think getting the first round pick from Carlton will give Freo more opportunity to attain talent that will better compliment club stars like Brayshaw and Serong. It’s a far better outcome than keeping a guy that doesn't want to be at the club.

I’m excited to see your side further develop and improve next season!

I'd be happy with us getting either Kanga's 1st two picks or Hawks 1st three in the upcoming draft for Cerra. either deal would be great, and move on - we can replace him, hopfully it will be another Weller (to the suns) deal in the end, to set us up with more high end talent!!!

Go hard belly

Carlton's first pick alone would not be adequate. Rather he skips to the PSD.

Part of me wonders how much Covid has played a part in this decision. If the problem is his family and missus as Pav eluded to yesterday, not being able to travel between Perth and Melbourne could have had a big part to play.

We could've pumped 4 years into Aaron Naughton and STILL have Taberner, Treacy, Lobb and Sturt on the list.

Let that sink in.
Except Naughton didn't want to be at Freo either. He'd fit in though with his crap kicking for goal.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cerra hasn't named Carlton, not sure why everyone is assuming it's Carlton. If a club wants Cerra they'll find a way.

It is for us in WA, plenty of talent here.
Luke Jackson etc
I'm all for a WA focus.
Erasmus and Van Rooyen

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Back