Welcome Welcome To Freo Shai Bolton!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds good to me.

You have a strong belief in your opinion and don't care if people disagree. But no personal attacks have come your way (eg name calling, say, like, accusations of being a "sycophant").

Although your concern is the number of reactions your comments have generated maybe possibly might invite bullying?

Again, not about me in the slightest and, no, there have been no personal attacks in my direction that I remember. But considering you bring up my use of the word sycophant then you know the thread that I refer and you should read it and make your own judgements. However, I apologize if the word sycophant upset you.

Not my concern. Never was, never will be. I'm 40 and have worked in the hospitality industry most of my life. There's nothing anyone could say to be that an angry 70 year old woman hasn't already said when her voucher hasn't worked, or when a group of travellers just feeling a little bit fighty at the end of the night.

Last edited:
Again, not about me in the slightest and, no, there have been know personal attacks in my direction that I remember. But considering you bring up my use of the word sycophant then you know the thread that I refer and you should read it and make your own judgements. However, I apologize if the word sycophant upset you.

Not my concern. Never was, never will be. I'm 40 and have worked in the hospitality industry most of my life. There's nothing anyone could say to be that an angry 70 year old woman hasn't when her voucher hasn't worked.
It is just interesting to me that you staked your flag in victim territory, yet you're happy to indulge in name calling despite not actually having any ad hom attacks directed your way.

I think you're confused. I've never claimed to be a victim.

There has been some weird dog piling going on on people who haven't towed the majority line on Bolton.
Yeah sure...

Could we say then it seems you're (in a vague indirect way) painting people who don't share your opinions as bullies?

Any which way, if you're not emotionally affected by posts, fair to say, it's much more effective addressing any ad hominem attacks or other illogical content (like "dog-piling") directly and specifically in the actual reply/posts, rather than some general vague accusation.

Yeah sure...

Could we say then it seems you're (in a vague indirect way) painting people who don't share your opinions as bullies?

Any which way, if you're not emotionally affected by posts, fair to say, it's much more effective addressing any ad hominem attacks or other illogical content (like "dog-piling") directly and specifically in the actual reply/posts, rather than some general vague accusation.

I would invite you to re-read my posts for better comprehension. Perhaps re-read the Vent here thread if unsure of a good starting place. Otherwise the link you've tried to make is tenuous at best and you might have to find a different comment that would prove your belief that I claimed victim.

I do, however, apologize that it has affected you like this.

Actually in the same boat.

Richmond knew we had three first rounders and went after it.

No way is Bolton worth a pick 4- given that’s what 10 and 11 add up to.

He has to step into very big limelight and will be brutal in this state’s media.

What’s even more frustrating is this club chose Athletic bull with not one iota of footballing IQ Griffin Logue at pick 8, when Shai Bolton goes for pick 29. Yuck. ****ing yuck.

This is close to the dumbest post I’ve ever read. Firstly you don’t add picks together and claim we paid pick 4. He’ll be fine in the limelight. Loves it. You’re criticizing drafting from 2016, that happened 8 years ago, he remains one of the best players from that draft. He’s now on our team, celebrate it. He replaces the weakest spot in our 22.

I would invite you to re-read my posts for better comprehension. Perhaps re-read the Vent here thread if unsure of a good starting place. Otherwise the link you've tried to make is tenuous at best and you might have to find a different comment that would prove your belief that I claimed victim.

I do, however, apologize that it has affected you like this.
I read your vague accusations and know that a much more effective way to address illogical and/or malicious content is to address it directly and specifically.

If someone's not particularly motivated to address it, and maybe prioritising "winning" an argument via logical fallacies, then yeah, vague and general might serve their aims better.

I read your vague accusations and know that a much more effective way to address illogical and/or malicious content is to address it directly and specifically.

If someone's not particularly motivated to address it, and maybe prioritising "winning" an argument via logical fallacies, then yeah, vague and general might serve their aims better.

I feel like I addressed it just fine and made my point. I would also say I was more than direct in the context of what I saw as bullying. At this point it is you pushing a narrative to paint me in a negative light and I say have at it. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

I will be clear for you though. My disdain for you probably matches your own for me. So perhaps we communicate less going forwards?

I feel like I addressed it just fine and made my point. I would also say I was more than direct in the context of what I saw as bullying. At this point it is you pushing a narrative to paint me in a negative light and I say have at it. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

I will be clear for you though. My disdain for you probably matches your own for me. So perhaps we communicate less going forwards?
I have no disdain for you. How could I? You're just some random internet person, who I don't think I can recall noticing your posts before now.

However, as a fan of logic, I do like to point out the use of logical fallacies when I see them.

For example, when I made the simple observable statement of fact re you indulging in name calling (vs accusations of others bullying you made), instead of directly addressing and owning it, you sought to misdirect the focus, by making unobservable implications on my emotional responses.

I do think it's important to point out these sorts of rhetorical strategies when I see them, so can't promise I won't interact with those sorts of posts when I see them. Your's or whomever's.

It's not even Logue that cost us from drafting Shai initially, from memory we traded away a 2nd rounder that he would have been available at for something stupid (can't remember what)

But yeah, 8 years ago now....
I quickly checked .. look like we owned pick 24 and 25 originally. 24 we traded to Gold Coast the year before and 25 we got for Mayne and gave to Hawks? So 25 became B Hill and eventually Serong?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome To Freo Shai Bolton!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back