Pick of the Litter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Birch is That 2nd wingman we have bene searching for (draw attention of Bateman)

Bails future Ruck/FF hall of famer

Goo - HE held up the defence in 07, and will continue to until he retires. Very underrated (even by our own fans) but watch him in matches. When the ball has stopped, or been rebounded, he is there congratulating, or heloping his teammates

Gilly - Future great of the game, while most of the other FB's are towards the end of their career, hes jsut beginning

Mighty Mouse. The Goal Kicking, Hard Hitting, corageous Midfielder we have been looking for

Xavier Ellis - Pick 3 (National)

Beau Dowler - Pick 6 (National)

Grant Birchall - Pick 14 (National)

Max Bailey - Pick 21 (National)

Beau Muston - Pick 22 (National)

Travis Tuck - Pick 38 (National

Brent Guerra - Pick 3 (Pre-season draft)

Luke McEntee - Pick 3 (Rookie)

Stephen Gilham - Pick 34 (Rookie)

Ben McGlynn - Pick 55 (Rookie)

:thumbsu:

The thing about Birch that impresses me so much is his consistency. For a young player it's amazing. Can you remember him having a "shocker" or being touched up by a forward? Must be great for the coaches to always know what they're getting.

When you look at that list, there is a lot of talent, and it's an interesting question.

I have been very impressed with X. Ellis. I love his commitment, his courage and the way he reads the play. However I believe he has a certain amount of awkwardness in his game, like a child learning to walk, and as soon as this is sorted he will become one of the elite in the AFL. Add Thorpe and the draftees of 2004, and you can see where the premiership WILL come from.

When you look at that list, there is a lot of talent, and it's an interesting question.

I have been very impressed with X. Ellis. I love his commitment, his courage and the way he reads the play. However I believe he has a certain amount of awkwardness in his game, like a child learning to walk, and as soon as this is sorted he will become one of the elite in the AFL. Add Thorpe and the draftees of 2004, and you can see where the premiership WILL come from.

No ****ing E Thaihawk. It's starting to become an issue around here!

No ****ing E Thaihawk. It's starting to become an issue around here!
Sorry! I'm well aware of that, but it's early Sunday .... No Excuses. However I don't see it's such a big deal.
I would be surprised if Thorp himself wasn't used to having his name spelled the same as the great Ian. When I was working in Melbourne many years ago my name was always mis spelled, until an AFL footballer of the same name became one of the elite, and was frequently on the front pages of newspapers, with beautiful girls and fast cars. I can't see why we make such a fuss about a minor spelling, or in my case mistyping error.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While it is early days for many of our young players - like how can you rate max or mcentee when they haven't played a senior game - I think at the moment Birch's form since his debut has been incredibly impressive - he shows quality can still be found in a draft outside the top 10.

He has backed up a solid start in 2006 playing every game this year including a great game against adelaide in the finals.

Considering he is still only 19 years old barring injury and and hoping we play our fair share of finals he should play over 250 games for our club.

Thorpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Considering the common acknowledgement that a lot of the bigfooty Hawthorn readers/posters are young and/or female, the disgusting (*** type) fill in the blanks mentality IS an issue, Thorpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fanatic. Maybe the hills and caves of Afghanistan are calling you home.:thumbsdown:

You dare to offend me sir? I challenge to you a DUUUEL!

Anyways.. I think you misinterpreted the title! It says 'pick' of the litter not runt.. :p

Pick means the best!

Put that dueling glove away Mojo.

Id think common sense would suggest this question should be asked in 5 years time, but since ive been against common sense for the past few years ill more than happily play the game.

At this stage, which is all one can really base it on, for me it would be between Gilham and Birchall, id give Birchall the nod based solely on the fact he has performed equally as well as Gilham but with a few less years experience.

Put that dueling glove away Mojo.

Id think common sense would suggest this question should be asked in 5 years time, but since ive been against common sense for the past few years ill more than happily play the game.

At this stage, which is all one can really base it on, for me it would be between Gilham and Birchall, id give Birchall the nod based solely on the fact he has performed equally as well as Gilham but with a few less years experience.

A new challenger. Let's go amigo!

It's only another prediction thread. I was only trying to be creative in the off season! Poorly done obviously.

A new challenger. Let's go amigo!

It's only another prediction thread. I was only trying to be creative in the off season! Poorly done obviously.

Sadly my dueling glove is being dry cleaned, so that is a battle that will have to be postponed.
As for your threads, i find them all interesting, even if some do turn out to be a bit of a guessing game. Anything to help me pass the time during off-season is appreciated.

Nobody is - the Q is who is the pick of the litter not the $hit of the litter!

By problem is he called them all litter, which broke my heart.
Oh you know me BB (Often like your posts btw) and my silly jokes occassionally - you know the ones peope ingore

If i can have a chuckle in my granddad's chair on me own, that'll do.

C'mon BB where is the real action going to come from the Hawks in08. You're a man of amazing vision. Will it come from the a combination of Dawson sizing out (He's much bigger now), Franklin (Obvious and praying he doesn't do anything "silly") or will it come from Ellis, Muston, Dowler or Tuck.Who Who Who Who Who Who? You need to know so I get an email off to Clarko (Pvt and Confidential)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick of the Litter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back