Confirmed Pick swap: Melbourne trade picks 28, 40, 46, 54, 75 and F1 (Melb) to Essendon for pick 9 and F3 (Ess)

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed now.

Messy tweets, but in summary:

Melbourne in:
  • Pick 9
  • Future Third

Essendon in:
  • Future First
  • Picks 28, 40, 46, 54, 65

Seems solid enough for both parties. Essendon get their points, Melbourne get another high end pick.

Dons would be banking on Melbourne being terrible again next year (very possible), Dees would be hoping a soft draw, some fresh youth and healthy list helps them bounce back a bit.

Demons board/coaches are delusional. They wont make the 8 next year and are in line for bottom 4 even
We didn't make bottom 4 this year and we had everything go wrong.

The decline of Melbourne on field has been greatly exaggerated. Full pre-seasons to key players, development of younger players and an easier draw. I fully expect us to make the 8 next season.

Seems solid enough for both parties. Essendon get their points, Melbourne get another high end pick.

Dons would be banking on Melbourne being terrible again next year (very possible), Dees would be hoping a soft draw, some fresh youth and healthy list helps them bounce back a bit.
What do Essendon need points for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will all depend upon how Melbourne go next year. I think they will go better than this year. People forget Melbourne were 4th on the ladder after 9 rounds before Gawn, May, Lever and Petracca got injured.

I think Melbourne have shook Essendon down to be honest. They've bluffed the early bid and the Dons have folded.

It will all depend upon how Melbourne go next year. I think they will go better than this year. People forget Melbourne were 4th on the ladder after 9 rounds before Gawn, May, Lever and Petracca got injured.

I think Melbourne have shook Essendon down to be honest. They've bluffed the early bid and the Dons have folded.
We've been fooled into getting way overs? Even if they win the flag and we win the spoon it's still a massively good trade for us.

Even if the early bid doesnt come and it instead came 15 we'd still need points.

I don’t think there’s a club with a larger range then dees for me at the moment.

I put their line at around 8th but could be much higher or lower. Really depends on how their stars go with age, injury and buy in. And it seems they are all effected by something.

Good to have a reason to watch more games of footy regardless.

you guys are more than capable of winning a final or two still. i’ll be ok with ending with a pick in a similar range. happy for both sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Pick swap: Melbourne trade picks 28, 40, 46, 54, 75 and F1 (Melb) to Essendon for pick 9 and F3 (Ess)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back