picks 2, 5, 21.

Remove this Banner Ad

manassa

Rookie
Sep 18, 2005
Other Teams
collingwood
what do you guys think , the pies keep picks 2,5, 21 and so on, picks 2 and 5 for mid fielders pick 21 for a kpp maybe the latter picks for talls?

Keep the picks now that Power has resigned and Bartel is looking close. There is no one good enough that we really need out there anymore. I wouldnt offer a first round pick for Shannon Grant or Yze, thats ridiculous. We cant trade pick 2 anyway from what i understand.

Id be trying to trade Fanning to Sydney who need a ruckman. Ill probably be laughed at, but roosy did seem pretty keen on picking up a ruckman. Fanning is still only 18, he is very new to the game and has had a years experience playing against the likes of Darcy, Everitt, Cox and Ball. He has had a very demanding year, and although he was smashed out of the park in the first half, his second half was very good. He really learnt a lot in a year despite looking like the biggest dud on earth in the first 11 rounds.

This is the part i may be laughed at.....SYdney have a late first round pick, i think around pick 18 or so. Try trading Fanning for pick 18 which we package with Cole and ontrade for a quality player. I may be dreaming a bit with pick 18ish, but Sydney already have a good team, they need another rucking option and Fanning is a good long term prospect.

Id love to offload big freddy fanning for pick 18. Dreaming though. Not worth anything near that even in a poor draft.

yep you are probably right, it was just an idea because we have Fraser, Richards, Cloke, Walker, Hall, Fanning and none of those are any good. May as well try trading a few off. Fanning is perhaps worth the most considering Collingwood will not get rid of Fraser or Richards. Sydney seem the most keen to attract a ruckman.

DaVe86 said:

Id be trying to trade Fanning

Problem is DaVe86 that you cant trade Fanning as he was on your rookie list at the start of the year and as such rookie listed players cant be traded. He was elivated due to a long term injury and therefore revert back to the rookie list at seasons end.

we should use 21 for a midfielder in the draft, varcoe or dempsey would be nice.

I personally think Fanning began to show abit as the year wore on and its still obvious his got room for alot more improvement... Same goes for Richards, began to show abit but was struck down with injury. Its alot to rely on, but hopefully those two could step up to the plate and be used as our two key ruckmen, freeing up Fraser to play all of his time up forward.

I think you'll find we'll take a KPP with pick 5 and opt to take more of a fringe midfielder with pick 21, hopefully as was said before a Varcoe or i'd love to see Douglas in the black and white.

Just quickly, but what the hell is Walker still doing on the Magpies list?... That amazes me

DaVe86 said:
We cant trade pick 2 anyway from what i understand.
you can trade priority picks fremantle did it they gave away pick 1 in the 2001 draft to hawthorn biggest duds doing that they had 1st choice of: Luke Hodge, Luke Ball, Chris Judd, Xavier Clarke, Ashley Sampi, James Bartel, Nick Del Santo. and they traded that for Trent Croad, Luke McPharlin. if i was incharge of that trade id shoot myself

It's been said quite a few times already, but it appears that since then they;ve changed the rules and now you can no longer simply trade Priority Picks. It's like a protection to keep teams from trading away the picks that they supposedly need to improve their list in possible ill-advised deals, and also to stop teams who did not earn Priority Picks from trading into that position.

Invigoration said:
I personally think Fanning began to show abit as the year wore on and its still obvious his got room for alot more improvement... Same goes for Richards, began to show abit but was struck down with injury. Its alot to rely on, but hopefully those two could step up to the plate and be used as our two key ruckmen, freeing up Fraser to play all of his time up forward.

I think you'll find we'll take a KPP with pick 5 and opt to take more of a fringe midfielder with pick 21, hopefully as was said before a Varcoe or i'd love to see Douglas in the black and white.

Just quickly, but what the hell is Walker still doing on the Magpies list?... That amazes me
I agree with all of this, especially about Tex Walker.

My guess is that we've had plenty of guys to delist before him. Next year will be his last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vinnie_vegas69 said:
It's been said quite a few times already, but it appears that since then they;ve changed the rules and now you can no longer simply trade Priority Picks. It's like a protection to keep teams from trading away the picks that they supposedly need to improve their list in possible ill-advised deals, and also to stop teams who did not earn Priority Picks from trading into that position.
didnt know that oh well my bad

Moosehead said:
you can trade priority picks fremantle did it they gave away pick 1 in the 2001 draft to hawthorn biggest duds doing that they had 1st choice of: Luke Hodge, Luke Ball, Chris Judd, Xavier Clarke, Ashley Sampi, James Bartel, Nick Del Santo. and they traded that for Trent Croad, Luke McPharlin. if i was incharge of that trade id shoot myself

The trade sucked at the time but turned out pretty well actually.

Lost McPharlin (who wanted to go home) and Croad (who came back with half his salary paid) and got Hodge (Judd is the only one in that group I would prefer) and Mitchell - clearance gun.

So lost McPharlin and pick 8
Gained Hodge and Mitchell

Do that again anytime. So maybe you should go shoot yourself.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
I agree with all of this, especially about Tex Walker.

My guess is that we've had plenty of guys to delist before him. Next year will be his last.
I would have delisted Walker well before I delisted Davidson.

Thats an early grab on Jones, not that I'd mind though...
Hopefully we grab Hurn at 2, take him over Ellis.

Dundalis--> Rumors go that Davidson will train with us over the pre-season and if he stays injury free, then we intend on rookie-ing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

picks 2, 5, 21.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back