Colin Sylvia.
Colin Sylvia.
Colin Sylvia.
Colin Sylvia.
Colin Sylvia.
Colin Sylvia.

And maybe Clarke or Walker at 5.

Originally posted by StingaArmstrong
Well, who should we get? (Assuming Cooney and Tenace are taken at 1 and 2)

I would go with Colin Sylvia and Brock McLean.

Hope Tenace & Cooney go 1&2 as Sylvia is better suited to us, he's tougher & we need that desperately!

McLean or Ryley Dunn with pick 5 would be great as they're in the same mould, ball winners.

I've heard Sylvia described as a bloke who thrives on body contact. Him at pick 3 would be ideal. Also plays tall, has a great leap and kicks goals when he goes forward.

Walker looks sensational. Heaps of pace and stamina. Kevin Sheenan described as a bit like Leppitsch. On the little bit of footage I've seen he reminded me of Wanganeen, just bigger.

Dunn played the under 18 GF with a broken hand so it shows he can play tough. Tenace was also injured so we shouldn't go on their performances that day.

Mclean gets the ball but is a touch slow. Would take him if the others are gone but seeing that we have 5 that won't be the case.

Clarke looks like he would be more of a half than a midfielder so he's really a finisher.

The other one they have talked up is Farren Ray but he's very lightly built. We have enough small bodies on our list.

Sylvia and Walker would make me very happy, we'll get at least one but if the blues take Sylvia then Walker would be my first choice.
If one of these are taken for our pick 5 I'd look at Tenance, Clarke or Fay, and probably in that order.

I'm leaning a bit towards Farren Ray at 5.

3 - Sylvia
5 - Ray

If Ray goes to the Dogs, then I'd choose Raphael.

We should not draft Kepler Bradley, unless he is still there at 52. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by lamby29
I'm leaning a bit towards Farren Ray at 5.

3 - Sylvia
5 - Ray

If Ray goes to the Dogs, then I'd choose Raphael.

We should not draft Kepler Bradley, unless he is still there at 52. :rolleyes:

I've seen Ray's name thrown up, but not seen much posted on him.

Anyone got any info?

Sylvia and Clarke

Yze was right, we need an aboriginal player in the team to give us some magic.

Clarke can be used three ways after that

1. To entice Xavier Clarke to the Melbourne Football Club
2. Become part of a future MFC Premiership team

3. Bargaining tooll with StKilda. They want him. Show us what your going to give up for him

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell
I've seen Ray's name thrown up, but not seen much posted on him.

Anyone got any info?
Try this thread

Western Australia – Farren Ray, Peel Thunder, 181cm, 73kg

Ray is a medium inside midfielder with creative talent and good athleticism, who is strong and brave in the air. We saw him play for the Australian under-17 side against Ireland and on many occasions he would back into the pack, playing front on, with his eyes still focused on the ball, which was coming over his shoulder, and take very courageous marks. He showed not just courage, but aerial ability on several occasions. He would then hit the ground running and creatively set up the play with smart handballs, while he showed great running ability as well. He was a very impressive member of that AIS/AFL academy team against Ireland this year, while he hails from the same WAFL club – Peel Thunder – as Daniel Wells.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Picks 3 and 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back