Picola & District Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised no one has put up the local footy show going to picola on here.

I did have a read through their Facebook comments, I haven't read so much bullshit in my life, the leagues not run by a dictator, if clubs did not like it they can remove him it's pretty simple, like what happened to the last ceo of the league

Surprised no one has put up the local footy show going to picola on here.

I did have a read through their Facebook comments, I haven't read so much bullshit in my life, the leagues not run by a dictator, if clubs did not like it they can remove him it's pretty simple, like what happened to the last ceo of the league

You reckon??? Clubs have no power in that league , just board who are his puppets. Maybe 6 figure threat of defamation contributes to stopping them. Where thereā€™s smoke there is fire

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You reckon??? Clubs have no power in that league , just board who are his puppets. Maybe 6 figure threat of defamation contributes to stopping them. Where thereā€™s smoke there is fire

What a load of disrespectful bullshit . There has been 5 new board members in the past 2 years , all of whom have or do hold positions of management and all have been recent member of 5 different clubs .

What a load of disrespectful bullshit . There has been 5 new board members in the past 2 years , all of whom have or do hold positions of management and all have been recent member of 5 different clubs .
Hey, Reckon there would be any chance summary of footy and netball scores from each final could be put on the league Facebook page end of each day to save chasing around different pages and sites, please

That page is a disgrace as far as trying to get any info from.

definitely is an embarrassment to the league
there are definitely other leagues doing a way better job
and not talking about ones tied up with hubs and all that supposed 'support' either

not even keepng scores updated in a timely manner throughout the day during the finals on any platforms

for a league which is meant to be run so autonomously it really could and should be doing and demanding better
not getting value for money IMO

really does give the vibe there is ground to the rumours the league is on it's last legs and the Ops Manger's care factor is all but zero
or is he just a true master of his own destiny? waiting to cry woo is me when it crumbles around him? shame really.

definitely is an embarrassment to the league
there are definitely other leagues doing a way better job
and not talking about ones tied up with hubs and all that supposed 'support' either

not even keepng scores updated in a timely manner throughout the day during the finals on any platforms

for a league which is meant to be run so autonomously it really could and should be doing and demanding better
not getting value for money IMO

really does give the vibe there is ground to the rumours the league is on it's last legs and the Ops Manger's care factor is all but zero
or is he just a true master of his own destiny? waiting to cry woo is me when it crumbles around him? shame really.

Has there been any progress or further talk about those three Picola clubs looking to Golden Rivers for next season?

šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Roar's response is just completely indicative of where this league is at. In 2023 if you want information about something you generally go to a website or facebook. Both those platforms are 15 years behind where they should be
My response was in regards to the lengths being taken and BS that is being said to try and cause disruption and defame.
If there are things youā€™d like added to the league website contact the league , Iā€™m fairly confident the league sought feedback at the start of the year when there were some changes made .
I

Last edited:
My response was in regards to the lengths being taken and BS that is being said to try and cause disruption and defame.
If there are things youā€™d like added to the league website contact the league , Iā€™m fairly confident the league sought feedback at the start of the year when there were some changes made .
I

Talking about disruptive, how have your calls to KDFL clubs gone. Anyone interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roar's response is just completely indicative of where this league is at. In 2023 if you want information about something you generally go to a website or facebook. Both those platforms are 15 years behind where they should be
How hard would it be to post scores for each quarter on the Facebook page seriously, not all people can attend games and are actually interested in what is happening.

Not hard at all if thatā€™s all that a day at the footy involved and there is sufficient phone service .
Haven't been to a game this year that has no mobile service, Weak excuse, picola probably the worst but still usable. As for finding time the Murray league seems to have no issues to type in club names and a few numbers takes all of 2 minutes.

Haven't been to a game this year that has no mobile service, Weak excuse, picola probably the worst but still usable. As for finding time the Murray league seems to have no issues to type in club names and a few numbers takes all of 2 minutes.
Waaia had no service , so you may think itā€™s a weak excuse but itā€™s factual .
I think you may find MFL clubs enter data ( live scoring ?) the PDFNL went away from that Obligation on clubs 6-7 years ago to Lessen the workload on club volunteers during finals , in both football and netball .
It may also come as a surprise to you that clubs donā€™t have best players and goal kicker lists at the immediate conclusion of games .
Obviously the league places higher emphasis on reducing workload and not imposing time constraints on those involved at games , than those who chose not to attend .
No reason the league couldnā€™t do live scoring when service is available if that was the wish of clubs , but like
everything it comes at a cost , being someone solely doing that job

Last edited:
Especially at 3am to people not even involved at club anymore

Hereā€™s an idea, I know itā€™s pretty out there but stay with me, if your not happy in how the league is managed, put your hand up and nominate for the board and do something about it. All the shit canning gets tiresome after a while. Letā€™s get back to the footy and enjoy it.

Prelims
Waaia to beat Tungamah
Strathmerton to beat Katunga

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back