Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like clubs are staying in a holding pattern for a while. Sorry for the quality of the notice but the pic looks like it had been uploaded to the pdfl page with a Nokia 7650.
I think it’s good news for the current PDFNL clubs and the right decision, so don’t mind how it's published.

Getting back to the on field stuff I think this weekends action is probably the most even round of the year with only Blighty v Jerilderie the only blow out, the rest being good games.

Last edited:

The top 5 in Katandra, Strathy, Katy, Katunga & Waaia look pretty settled to make 8, who makes up the last 3 spots and why?

The top 5 in Katandra, Strathy, Katy, Katunga & Waaia look pretty settled to make 8, who makes up the last 3 spots and why?

Great to see tigers get over Kats in a thriller , really opens up season, reckon that could be the GF preview. Heard Kats had a couple of key positions out but don’t reckon they’d use that as an excuse. Some ripper games in last few rounds to decide rest of 8 . I reckon Tunga will make a charge for the 8 Jerilderie to get in and Picola to stay in. Deni and Mathoura to drop out, but those teams are all in the mix

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great to see tigers get over Kats in a thriller , really opens up season, reckon that could be the GF preview. Heard Kats had a couple of key positions out but don’t reckon they’d use that as an excuse. Some ripper games in last few rounds to decide rest of 8 . I reckon Tunga will make a charge for the 8 Jerilderie to get in and Picola to stay in. Deni and Mathoura to drop out, but those teams are all in the mix

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I tend to agree, Tunga can get on a roll on the run home with Katunga being their toughest opponent.
Deni & Jerilderie in a fight for 8th.

Another meeting inviting life members along for Yarroweyah. Did they end up appointing a new president last time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being the only? league locally to have clearances viewable, can anyone tell me they are up to date or if not will be before the cut off date?
I hear there is a fair bit of dummy registrations going on with players coming and going from affiliated leagues during byes and split rounds (hence no clearance required) - is this player movement/random team make up expected to continue post June 30 also?

Being the only? league locally to have clearances viewable, can anyone tell me they are up to date or if not will be before the cut off date?
I hear there is a fair bit of dummy registrations going on with players coming and going from affiliated leagues during byes and split rounds (hence no clearance required) - is this player movement/random team make up expected to continue post June 30 also?
Same rules as other leagues, cut off at the end of the month, maybe a bit more relaxed for juniors If it means getting games up and happening.

Any truth to the Deni Vs Waaia game being called off halfway through the last qtr. Umpires refused to continue

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My mail from someone directly involved in the game was there was abit of heat in the game all day then in the last it set off & there was a fair old school "all in brawl" that started & the umpires Red Carded 2 Deniliquin players & they wouldn't leave the feild so the umpire's called the game & walked off!

My mail from someone directly involved in the game was there was abit of heat in the game all day then in the last it set off & there was a fair old school "all in brawl" that started & the umpires Red Carded 2 Deniliquin players & they wouldn't leave the feild so the umpire's called the game & walked off!
If that’s the way it went you would think the 2 deni players will receive hefty penalties Can’t recall hearing or seeing anything like this . looking forward in seeing the outcome

There are always multiple versions of events often the truth is somewhere in the middle.

There are always multiple versions of events often the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Well whether the versions of events of the malee & red cards are true or not (which I'm not sure why this player would say that happened if it didn't but anyway) the main issue is the fact the umpires decided to think that the game had no chance of being restarted so decided to call it & walk off? Not even 10mins into the last qrt!

When is the last time anyone has heard of a malee being that bad that the game has been called off/abanded?

Well whether the versions of events of the malee & red cards are true or not (which I'm not sure why this player would say that happened if it didn't but anyway) the main issue is the fact the umpires decided to think that the game had no chance of being restarted so decided to call it & walk off? Not even 10mins into the last qrt!

When is the last time anyone has heard of a malee being that bad that the game has been called off/abanded?
16 minutes into the last quarter . 99 point margin .
Strict proactive not reactive stance taken .
👏 👏 to the umpires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back