Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s incorrect

I’m only going by a couple of people who know what the vote was and trust them, people reading this can decide what to believe themselves, also believe majority of clubs wanted to remain affiliated when first broke away from AFL.
Hindsight shows both decisions to have merit, I’m not having a crack at you or the board. Just stating the fact the board doesn’t have to make a decision based on what the clubs vote and has done so in the past

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m only going by a couple of people who know what the vote was and trust them, people reading this can decide what to believe themselves, also believe majority of clubs wanted to remain affiliated when first broke away from AFL.
Hindsight shows both decisions to have merit, I’m not having a crack at you or the board. Just stating the fact the board doesn’t have to make a decision based on what the clubs vote and has done so in the past

What would any motives/reasons be that teams wouldn’t have wanted them back do you reckon?

Success..
Pretty sad that this could definitely be a motive for some clubs.. Two stronger clubs wanting to come back to their home league

FWIW I think any resentment was due to the way the clubs exited . There were some strong views on affiliation which IMO was fuelled by a divide to conquer mentality .
Thankfully I think all have moved on and realised that comrade amongst the league is far more important than anything, including affiliation .

FWIW I think any resentment was due to the way the clubs exited . There were some strong views on affiliation which IMO was fuelled by a divide to conquer mentality .
Thankfully I think all have moved on and realised that comrade amongst the league is far more important than anything, including affiliation .
You “think”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sad that this could definitely be a motive for some clubs.. Two stronger clubs wanting to come back to their home league

I feel like you aren't giving the other teams in the competition much credit, considering Katandra left on the bottom of the ladder.
I remember the vote vote being in favour of them returning but any hesitation wasn't due to them being strong but they were seen a very self centred.
Both clubs couldn't see any issues from any view but their own, if an issue could severely impact the majority but slightly inconvenience them, they would fight tooth and nail against it.

Last edited:
I feel like you aren't giving the other teams in the competition much credit, considering Katandra left on the bottom of the ladder.
I remember the vote vote being in favour of them returning but any hesitation wasn't due to them being strong but they were seen a very self centred.
Both clubs couldn't see any issues from any view but their own, if an issue could severely impact the majority but slightly inconvenience them, they would fight tooth and nail against it.

You’ve also got to see where Katandra, Tungamah, Shepp East and Dookie have all come from in leaving the league. It has been ran into the ground by a guy who’s got no idea

Think from what I heard there was a fair bit more to it than that rather simplistic reasoning

Over time, One of the clubs has been pretty vocal about how they want their ‘own’ league back and thought it was rumoured both were on board with the possible new Murray district league late last year
- IIRC there was quite a discussion on this forum about one of them being blocked from accessing the gameday system one Thursday night and possible suspension?? For exploring their options and meeting with the relevant parties?

There are actually only four current teams who haven’t played in any other league, not including them, so calling it this their home league is well, not exactly accurate. For clubs supposedly devoted to ‘their home leagues’ they jumped ship and showed a lack of loyalty pretty quickly in 2018, then when things were a bit tougher than expected wanted back in - think left a sour taste with a great deal of the other clubs in the league , probably why they weren’t approved for re-admission on first application….

So what you describe as “pretty sad” I think is a pretty disrespectful attitude and rather arrogant, to the all the other clubs in the league, who seem to be doing pretty well for the most part regardless of or in spite of ‘the stronger clubs’ returning

You’ve also got to see where Katandra, Tungamah, Shepp East and Dookie have all come from in leaving the league. It has been ran into the ground by a guy who’s got no idea

So much so that clubs are wanting to join including all 4 of these clubs applying at some point to rejoin. They have also acknowledged their decision to back the AFL and believe affiliation was critical was a mistake as did Tocumwal on applying to rejoin.
At the time and since clubs have been sold some amazing dreams which would no doubt tempt many , with none coming to fruition and causing some uncertain times for the clubs that engaged .
League has had many chances to turn its back on the (5) clubs that left due to affiliation and to cut all ties .
4 of the 5 that have re-applied have acknowledged that returning was critical to the clubs immediate and long term survival.
It’s puzzling you look to criticise any part of the league that gave clubs a home when they were left at the altar ( as so to speak ) by those they backed .

Last edited:

You’re right Katandra seniors were struggling when they left but that doesn’t mean the club was? From memory the A & B grade netball were dominate and the juniors were in finals and won a couple flags as well, can’t just base it all off the senior football… and Tungamah as we know are very strong all round (had all 4 footy teams in the Granny in 2018 as well).

Watched the rovers game yesterday and felt for them not make the 8 as they looked good. I must say if the league want a good finals series they need to find umpires. They tried but could not keep up with the game. Hard to see katandra going deep unless they hit form or if they rested players yesterday

You’re right Katandra seniors were struggling when they left but that doesn’t mean the club was? From memory the A & B grade netball were dominate and the juniors were in finals and won a couple flags as well, can’t just base it all off the senior football… and Tungamah as we know are very strong all round (had all 4 footy teams in the Granny in 2018 as well).

With all due respect, you are an idiot sir

Tungamah weren’t in the league in 2018
And haven’t had all four footy sides in granny since return
Maybe a little fact checking before posting would save you from such ludicrous errors

With all due respect, you are an idiot sir

Tungamah weren’t in the league in 2018
And haven’t had all four footy sides in granny since return
Maybe a little fact checking before posting would save you from such ludicrous errors

*2017 my bad. One year off but the point still remains?.. both clubs were and are still strong

Think you need to calm down bud and stop getting so worked up on facts based off common sense..

What’s everyone prediction for the first week of finals?

I am going:
Katty to beat Katandra
waaia to beat Strathy
Katunga to beat Jerilderie
Picola to reverse the Rnd 18 result and beat Tungmah

I still can’t decide who wins the flag from here.

What’s everyone prediction for the first week of finals?

I am going:
Katty to beat Katandra
waaia to beat Strathy
Katunga to beat Jerilderie
Picola to reverse the Rnd 18 result and beat Tungmah

I still can’t decide who wins the flag from here.

Katandra over Katty
Strathy over Waaia
Katunga over Jerilderie
Picola over Tungamah

I think I’ve got the Kats verse Strathy in the granny

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back