Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars to elaborate Kat man? Reckon there’s a few from KD looking to get out?..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There has been for about a year or 2! I believe those clubs along with Dookie, are Murch-Tool, Undera, Shepp East. I did hear a whisper that Violet Town may also have been looking at their options but can't confirm if it that was true or just a rumour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katy v Waaia in granny.
Katy to win it.
Losers of Qualifying games to go out in straight sets. ( Katandra & Strathy)

Katandra have really fallen away in the back half of the year. I'll bank on another strathy waaia GF with strathy taking the long way to get there after losing this weekend.

Katy v Waaia in granny.
Katy to win it.
Losers of Qualifying games to go out in straight sets. ( Katandra & Strathy)
Massive games between arch rivals this weekend
I reckon the Kats in an arm wrestling to bounce back after a tough month, with kezerle back.
Waaia comfortably over Strathy
Kats Waaia granny still

(Log in to remove this ad.)

??? With elimination and qualifying finals split over two weekends now, it was my understanding that they are treated as one in regards to eligibility to play seniors or reserves if both teams are playing.

Is this the case?

If it is, then does the rule that you can’t play reserves if already played seniors apply the same as it would if they were in consecutive days?

??? With elimination and qualifying finals split over two weekends now, it was my understanding that they are treated as one in regards to eligibility to play seniors or reserves if both teams are playing.

Is this the case?

If it is, then does the rule that you can’t play reserves if already played seniors apply the same as it would if they were in consecutive days?
Your understanding is incorrect .

Kats looking back to their dominant selves up here at Jerilderie. Showing us why they were on top of the ladder for so long. Katy out muscled and outclassed..

When Katty were able to shut down Katandra’s run in the 3rd and turn it into an inside contested game they kicked 6 goals for the quarter and dominated . Thought it was a oretty good game of footy despite on and off showers .

Your understanding is incorrect .
Please explain

Are the two weekends treated separately as opposed to say reserves playing on Saturday and seniors Sunday of the same weekend?

Is that when selection for each team isn't restricted to how many senior games played or minimum reserves games played?

But you can’t play in seniors on Saturday then reserves Sunday?

Are you saying as seperate weekends you can’t play reserves if have not the minimum games required or have played over 50% of their games in seniors?

Last edited:
Please explain

Are the two weekends treated separately as opposed to say reserves playing on Saturday and seniors Sunday of the same weekend?

Is that when selection for each team isn't restricted to how many senior games played or minimum reserves games played?

But you can’t play in seniors on Saturday then reserves Sunday?

Are you saying as seperate weekends you can’t play reserves if have not the minimum games required or have played over 50% of their games in seniors?
elimination and qualifying finals are played on seperate weekends .

The rule is more than 50% of games in the home and away season not the amount of games a player for the season . In a 16 game season it means a players can play 8 or less senior games . They also have to have played 3 reserves games during the h&a season .

When Katty were able to shut down Katandra’s run in the 3rd and turn it into an inside contested game they kicked 6 goals for the quarter and dominated . Thought it was a oretty good game of footy despite on and off showers .

Didn’t get to see Kats v Katty final , but looks like the Kats are back, would have been a real confidence boost for them to hold off Katty after their 3rd term, I’d have them as favourites now.
Waaia far to good for Strathy who looked big and slow .
I reckon Tunga and Katunga to put Katty and Strathy out in straight sets them Kats and Waaia to go through to Granny.
Kats premiers in a thriller

Didn’t get to see Kats v Katty final , but looks like the Kats are back, would have been a real confidence boost for them to hold off Katty after their 3rd term, I’d have them as favourites now.
Waaia far to good for Strathy who looked big and slow .
I reckon Tunga and Katunga to put Katty and Strathy out in straight sets them Kats and Waaia to go through to Granny.
Kats premiers in a thriller

Is it true that the Waaia Ruckman knocked out the Strathy Ruckman after already getting sent off a couple of times?

Can’t wrap my head around the finals format. How stiff would you feel being the two teams that finished top 4 that lost on the weekend, now you’ve gotta play a team who’s coming off a rest that didn’t finish in the top 4

Can’t wrap my head around the finals format. How stiff would you feel being the two teams that finished top 4 that lost on the weekend, now you’ve gotta play a team who’s coming off a rest that didn’t finish in the top 4
It’s unfortunate, but necessary.

If the weekends were reversed the Prelim winners would have two weeks off.

It’s unfortunate, but necessary.

If the weekends were reversed the Prelim winners would have two weeks off.
It could be avoided by playing both eliminations and qualifying on the same weekend like the AFL.
The offset to that is that people can’t go watch every game or some families would have to split up if a kid was playing An elimination final and another was playing qualifying final.
The league obviously prefers it that way being the “family league”

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back