Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t wrap my head around the finals format. How stiff would you feel being the two teams that finished top 4 that lost on the weekend, now you’ve gotta play a team who’s coming off a rest that didn’t finish in the top 4

Losers shouldn’t have an advantage, should just be happy with the double chance

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It could be avoided by playing both eliminations and qualifying on the same weekend like the AFL.
The offset to that is that people can’t go watch every game or some families would have to split up if a kid was playing An elimination final and another was playing qualifying final.
The league obviously prefers it that way being the “family league”

Have great crowds by having seperate weekends, people can get to every game, some may think it drags out a bit but good overall

Who played well in the Kats vs Tigers clash?
Interesting thing to note Katandra haven’t let anymore than 8 goals in a game go through for the whole year.

It could be avoided by playing both eliminations and qualifying on the same weekend like the AFL.
The offset to that is that people can’t go watch every game or some families would have to split up if a kid was playing An elimination final and another was playing qualifying final.
The league obviously prefers it that way being the “family league”
Even more so, some kids play in the 4ths & 3rds and can’t be split at different venues. Also clubs struggle to have trainers at one venue most weeks let alone two. Junior coaches also could be playing in senior grades, the list goes on….
The first year they did try to accomodate by putting the finals at towns close by each other and put clubs together where they could but it’s still a logistical nightmare. It also buggers up the finals rotation system the league has in place.

Hey lads. I’ve jumped in a moderated a few posts, enough mudslinging.

I am sure that if you want to request an investigation into onfield incidents that you can talk to your club president about commencing that process.

We’re deep into a huge finals series, next topic.

Thanks for your understanding.
GK

I am sure that if you want to request an investigation into onfield incidents that you can talk to your club president about commencing that process.

GK
Thanks GrassKat,

I think the Deni/Waaia thing has been covered well enough and if people can’t make the assumption that the umpires probably called it off too early to avoid more trouble, then they never will.

Let’s get back to talking football!

I still think Katty and Strathy will win today, not enough credit is being given to 2 teams who only lost a couple of times through the H&A season.

Thanks GrassKat,

I think the Deni/Waaia thing has been covered well enough and if people can’t make the assumption that the umpires probably called it off too early to avoid more trouble, then they never will.

Let’s get back to talking football!

I still think Katty and Strathy will win today, not enough credit is being given to 2 teams who only lost a couple of times through the H&A season.
Will not happen .

Katty play Tungamah tommorrow .

IIRC Katunga , Strathy’s opponent today , only lost 3 games during the h&a and something like once( Tungamah ) after round 2 which would now be 4 months ago ?

Last edited:
Have great crowds by having seperate weekends, people can get to every game, some may think it drags out a bit but good overall

Is the fastest season from start to gf in the region and all clubs have a 2 byes , plus Easter for those that don’t play it , or 3 for those that do , during the year including the school holidays general bye .
Split rounds during the season is not a great idea IMO particularly as it’s unavoidable that multiple clubs are affected by the split round occurring near a general bye .
Once rolling clubs just want to get the h&a finished .

Is the fastest season from start to gf in the region and all clubs have a 2 byes , plus Easter for those that don’t play it , or 3 for those that do , during the year including the school holidays general bye .
Split rounds during the season is not a great idea IMO particularly as it’s unavoidable that multiple clubs are affected by the split round occurring near a general bye .
Once rolling clubs just want to get the h&a finished .

I like the finals as you can get to all games and crowds better, I agree split rounds no good especially when some teams have no 3rds, as can go to long without footy, I’m hearing some positive talk about a couple of clubs with no 3rds this year having them next year, which is positive

GK
Good points mate, I reckon you would be up and about with ya Kats and hoppers right in the mix!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost 5.30pm and no results up for any games today
Was there today and the phone reception was a real isssue, due to the amount of people in one place. It’s usually not too bad at Picola.
Eftpos was down in a couple of spots also, so this indeed would have effected the ability to post score updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back