Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Two very good prelims to look forward too.

Katty very dominant against the in form team of the comp and Tungamah would have a fair bit of confidence and will be pretty physical against a smaller Katandra.

Yep 2 rippers,
I reckon Katty and Waaia will be a nail biter with Katty continuing their great form from Sat to just get over the line. Katunga we’re very disappointing though and didn’t fire a shot.
I think if the Kats get away from tunga early it will be all over. Have the backline to contain tunga’s big forwards and the pace around the ground to get away. I don’t think Tunga will be able to hold them. But if they turn it into a physical slog early , they will be right in it.
Kats v Katty mouth watering granny with the Kats taking the confidence from holding Katty in the last qtr of the qualifying final into the granny to win by 3-3 goals.

Be awesome to see them there with both clubs not winning one for 20 years and longer

Two very good prelims to look forward too.

Katty very dominant against the in form team of the comp and Tungamah would have a fair bit of confidence and will be pretty physical against a smaller Katandra.
Katty’s discipline in the semi was hard to ignore , particularly Trent steers’ effort in curbing Bishop .
Thought Strathy’s Josh Payne was exceptional in the unfamiliar role on Ferguson as was cheek and Johns efforts to get off the chain knowing so much attention was on Ferguson .

Last edited:
Yep 2 rippers,
I reckon Katty and Waaia will be a nail biter with Katty continuing their great form from Sat to just get over the line. Katunga we’re very disappointing though and didn’t fire a shot.
I think if the Kats get away from tunga early it will be all over. Have the backline to contain tunga’s big forwards and the pace around the ground to get away. I don’t think Tunga will be able to hold them. But if they turn it into a physical slog early , they will be right in it.
Kats v Katty mouth watering granny with the Kats taking the confidence from holding Katty in the last qtr of the qualifying final into the granny to win by 3-3 goals.

Be awesome to see them there with both clubs not winning one for 20 years and longer
I agree, would be happy to see a Kats v Katty GF as the other twos side have had plenty of success in recent years.
If the conditions are sunny and no breeze Kats could exploit Tunga in leg speed. Ferg, Cheek & John’s are their main play makers, stop them and it will go along way to winning.
Coleman looked damaging forward for Katty, Waaia will need to contain him if they are a to advance. Both grounds are medium in size so no real advantage either way. Set for a coupe of crackers.

I agree, would be happy to see a Kats v Katty GF as the other twos side have had plenty of success in recent years.
If the conditions are sunny and no breeze Kats could exploit Tunga in leg speed. Ferg, Cheek & John’s are their main play makers, stop them and it will go along way to winning.
Coleman looked damaging forward for Katty, Waaia will need to contain him if they are a to advance. Both grounds are medium in size so no real advantage either way. Set for a coupe of crackers.
Steers will no doubt be given a job and has shown more than once he’ll get the job done . Can others then get off the chain like Johns and cheek did ? Will Waaia put whoever steers tags forward or back , will he then go to someone else and will they look to tag a Katty mid ? Bishop when tagged tried to get to a Katty mid and then steers effectively played off him offensively .
Will Tungamah fall into the same trap that Katty did against Katandra and continually kick to the Katandra spare behind the ball ( predominately Hickford ) ?

Last edited:
Steers will no doubt be given a job and has shown more than once he’ll get the job done . Can others then get off the chain like Johns and cheek did ? Will Waaia put whoever steers tags forward or back , will he then go to someone else and will they look to tag a Katty mid ? Bishop when tagged tried to get to a Katty mid and then steers effectively played off him offensively .
Will Tungamah fall into the same trap that Katty did against Katandra and continually kick to the Katandra spare behind the ball ( predominately Hickford ) ?

It’s looking like some good prelims coming our way. I got my Katty pick right but didn’t see Tungamah getting up..

The bears will have to make it a physical contest this weekend, as soon as the Kats can use the ball on the outside it could get out of hand.. get big boy Reilly to throw his weight around. You’re right Roar Hickford’s been one of the best in the league for the last 5+ years (when they’ve been in the league ) and I’ve enjoyed seeing him down back instead of up forward spraying his set shots. Get Jeffery back there too he couldn’t kick over a jam tin last game against Katty.

The better game will be Katty vs Waaia. Can see this being an absolute classic. Unsure who I’ll tip just yet but can’t see it being more than a goal or two difference. Do we know yet if it’s actually up at Yarroweyah or are the Bombers getting a home final?..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s looking like some good prelims coming our way. I got my Katty pick right but didn’t see Tungamah getting up..

The bears will have to make it a physical contest this weekend, as soon as the Kats can use the ball on the outside it could get out of hand.. get big boy Reilly to throw his weight around. You’re right Roar Hickford’s been one of the best in the league for the last 5+ years (when they’ve been in the league ) and I’ve enjoyed seeing him down back instead of up forward spraying his set shots. Get Jeffery back there too he couldn’t kick over a jam tin last game against Katty.

The better game will be Katty vs Waaia. Can see this being an absolute classic. Unsure who I’ll tip just yet but can’t see it being more than a goal or two difference. Do we know yet if it’s actually up at Yarroweyah or are the Bombers getting a home final?..

Reserves qtr time

Tungamah. 4-4-28
Waaia. 1-1-7

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think you would’ve wanted Jeffery out of the forward line today bear man haha bloke brought the kicking boots

Interesting to see S.Fernandez poll so well. I looked up his stats this morning and found he got in the best for his club 4 times no higher than 4th best yet got about 5 best on grounds from the umpires 🤯

Did notice that too, what was more surprising was Kezerle not even invited from the club I thought..

Have watched a few of their games and he seems more of a flashy offensive player. The umps notice that but the coach notices him not manning up maybe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back