Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Very good prediction , had a really consistent year . C.Bishop polled well yet again to be runner-up.
Had noticed his good form in a couple of finals then looked up his season. Pretty solid through out.

Tips for the weekend?

I’m hoping Katandra, just so it’s a new winner.
I’ll back them in by 13 points.
Will be a tough ask & they’ll be hoping for the weather to be kind.

Had noticed his good form in a couple of finals then looked up his season. Pretty solid through out.

Tips for the weekend?

I’ll go waaia in a thriller with Billy brown to kick the winner

Tips for the weekend?

Give me Katandra in a thriller, Hickford for BOG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go Kats! 20 years is long enough!

For a club that wouldn’t have missed winning multiple flags per decade since formation, the last 20 years has been very uncharacteristic of Katandra.

Although Waaia know how to lift 10% at this time of the year.

Go Kats! 20 years is long enough!

For a club that wouldn’t have missed winning multiple flags per decade since formation, the last 20 years has been very uncharacteristic of Katandra.

Although Waaia know how to lift 10% at this time of the year.

I’m on the Kats, think their 2 finals against tough, quality opposition holds them in good shape to take on a very experienced Waaia
Katunga to knock off Deni in A grade

The banner slowed one down and Waaia got the rest.

Definitely didn’t see the game panning out like that, congratulations to Waaia for completing the 3-peat.

Great game by Waaia, to good on the big stage, great year by Kats though, look they they have good young team with a 3rds premiership on the day future looks solid for a few years.
Well done Waaia on back to back to back

After last year , think most expected Waaia to struggle with the loss of Ash Holland given how good he was for them .
Think their game yesterday and their prelim final win might have been the two best consecutive finals they’ve played in the last 3 years .

Interesting to see the Gilmour’s now have 4 generations of premiership players at Waaia! 💪🏼

Congratulations on a great day on Saturday.
The outstanding:
All 11 premiership teams, very well deserved
PDFNL for making a brilliant decision years ago to rotate all finals including the grand final. We have seen all clubs facility on an upward spiral with Rennie having their new scoreboard on Saturday. Build it and they will come.
Rennie FNC who did an amazing job Apart from a blip with the PA on the truck everything was exemplary, food still at end of day, chicken steaks were incredible, grog cold and the view with the canola in bloom around the ground was picture perfect. What is shows is the little club in the middle of the paddock is proud and passionate.
Football/Netballs clubs, much to the chagrin of many leaders in our game who would love to see no country footy, are an incredible and cosmopolitan venue. When we wear green and white we morph into a collective being which provides us with care, support and a vehicle to release our passion. We are proud to be part of the Rennie Football Netball Club. We are so proud of what everyone gives on a weekly basis both on and off field and that passion, dedication and resolve was clearly shown in the way we hosted the granny. You do not need to be major town centric and hold a final at Shepp, Mooroopna or Moama anyone can do it, and people will go. Again, build it and they will come.
Senior umpires who had control, let the game flow and chose correctly for the Best on ground. Credit where deserved.

Not so good
The person from the Weekly times who decided his phone needed to be charged and shut down the entire EFTPOS system for 10 minutes when he unplugged the router.
The people in the crowd who thought it was ok to bring their own BBQ and lots of drinks:'(:thumbsdown:. We will remember them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations on a great day on Saturday.
The outstanding:
All 11 premiership teams, very well deserved
PDFNL for making a brilliant decision years ago to rotate all finals including the grand final. We have seen all clubs facility on an upward spiral with Rennie having their new scoreboard on Saturday. Build it and they will come.
Rennie FNC who did an amazing job Apart from a blip with the PA on the truck everything was exemplary, food still at end of day, chicken steaks were incredible, grog cold and the view with the canola in bloom around the ground was picture perfect. What is shows is the little club in the middle of the paddock is proud and passionate.
Football/Netballs clubs, much to the chagrin of many leaders in our game who would love to see no country footy, are an incredible and cosmopolitan venue. When we wear green and white we morph into a collective being which provides us with care, support and a vehicle to release our passion. We are proud to be part of the Rennie Football Netball Club. We are so proud of what everyone gives on a weekly basis both on and off field and that passion, dedication and resolve was clearly shown in the way we hosted the granny. You do not need to be major town centric and hold a final at Shepp, Mooroopna or Moama anyone can do it, and people will go. Again, build it and they will come.
Senior umpires who had control, let the game flow and chose correctly for the Best on ground. Credit where deserved.

Not so good
The person from the Weekly times who decided his phone needed to be charged and shut down the entire EFTPOS system for 10 minutes when he unplugged the router.
The people in the crowd who thought it was ok to bring their own BBQ and lots of drinks:'(:thumbsdown:. We will remember them.
Some people have no concept of what is and isn’t the appropriate way to behave .

5500 would be a very rough guess .
Paying v non paying . Paying full v concession
Are all variables .
I know the rotating the Finals have been successful but do you think we will go back to all the finals except the grand final being rotated.
Toc does just seem so central and would take the crowd numbers every higher.
Clubs can just run stalls at the grand final.

I know the rotating the Finals have been successful but do you think we will go back to all the finals except the grand final being rotated.
Toc does just seem so central and would take the crowd numbers every higher.
Clubs can just run stalls at the grand final.
No evidence that a centralised venue would increase attendance , actually to contrary .
Much the same as attendance numbers have improved dramatically in MFL by moving to
Moama the outer west of the MFL comp .
Rotating finals has absolutely been a success in a) improving venue facilities and b) attendance at finals . Clubs runnings stalls at another’s venue is an absolute shit show .

No evidence that a centralised venue would increase attendance , actually to contrary .
Much the same as attendance numbers have improved dramatically in MFL by moving to
Moama the outer west of the MFL comp .
Rotating finals has absolutely been a success in a) improving venue facilities and b) attendance at finals . Clubs runnings stalls at another’s venue is an absolute shit show .
Yeah your probably right, it is exciting for a club to run a grand final as well

Yeah your probably right, it is exciting for a club to run a grand final as well
The other factor is the host town or clubs suppliers reap rewards from a club hosting the GF , whether that be the pub , bakery supplies meat supplies etc etc which then makes it easier for clubs to
Lobby those parties for Sponsorship.

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back