Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Piccola District football league

yes that correct with berrigan, Billabong crows, blighty, coleambally, deni rovers, jerildrie, mathoura and rennie in 1 comp... competition 2 bein dookie, katandra, shepp east, tungamah, wunghnu... the 6 other clubs including Katamatite, kutunga, picola.strathy,waaia and yarraweyah having the choice to which comp they go into..

NSW Comp and Vic Comp sounds like a good idea

yes that correct with berrigan, Billabong crows, blighty, coleambally, deni rovers, jerildrie, mathoura and rennie in 1 comp... competition 2 bein dookie, katandra, shepp east, tungamah, wunghnu... the 6 other clubs including Katamatite, kutunga, picola.strathy,waaia and yarraweyah having the choice to which comp they go into..

But those 6 clubs can not all go into the same comp! some tuff decisions to be made by them.

I wouldnt assume that they have "THE CHOICE", as the frog says they all wont be able to go into one league, if thats the case.

I would do the following: put Strathy, yarroweyah into the 1st mentioned and picola, waaia, katamatite, katunga into the 2nd one.

I wouldnt assume that they have "THE CHOICE", as the frog says they all wont be able to go into one league, if thats the case.

I would do the following: put Strathy, yarroweyah into the 1st mentioned and picola, waaia, katamatite, katunga into the 2nd one.
if this competition would happen the vic comp would look very strong i would think.. how strong is the coreen league, i've never really heard of it.. are the clubs strong?

if this competition would happen the vic comp would look very strong i would think.. how strong is the coreen league, i've never really heard of it.. are the clubs strong?

to sum it up id say skill level is below PDFL by a fair bit but the aggression at the footy and around it is ramped up quite a bit so there are some terriers in there if you know what i mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that White was fairly frustrated with the way some of his teammates were playing & he let them know about it, the umpire didn't like that so he sent him off!! Bit harsh considering it was a praccy match! Katandra have nothing to worry about, with only a third of their senior list up there that sort of result was expected, especially when waaia were practically full strength. The Bombers were bloody impressive though!!

a player to watch this year, Nathan Hickey, hes had an excellent pre season hes top age in 3rds he should have an awesome year. will definently be pushing for senior selection.
Nathan Hickey COULD be a player to watch.... if he stopped being too much of a smartarse!! But seriously, if he had more confidence in his own ability & was willing to really push himself, he'd be another gun that Katandra produces, Andrew White in the same boat, his lack of confidence being his letdown!!!

a player to watch this year, Nathan Hickey, hes had an excellent pre season hes top age in 3rds he should have an awesome year. will definently be pushing for senior selection.

Lol sounds like you really like the boy,yeah he goes alright might have a few games in the 1s depending on whether he wants 2,hasnt trained with the 1's yet that i know of.

i think use all out of line predicting katty for the spoon...they could b a suprise packet i feel

i think use all out of line predicting katty for the spoon...they could b a suprise packet i feel
nah mate there right!! katy have no hope this year apart from young gun Joseph Wright. maybe the experience of matt, jake, jedd and injury prone sammy wright could get them a win!! also maxxy as president should help the club! good luck to em. they will need it

Lol sounds like you really like the boy,yeah he goes alright might have a few games in the 1s depending on whether he wants 2,hasnt trained with the 1's yet that i know of.
Yeh lets go name our user name as our boots whitey!! ya little poonce alita could beat the poo outta u!!!:D

Here's a thought in relation to this re-modelling of our league. Granted I may be a traditionlist, but i don't think anyone wants to see our current clubs dissapear and we all realise the importance, especially in the current era , that a football club has on the local community.
Can somebody who's in the know let us all know a few things ?
Would this be being planned had shepp east , dookie and for that matter berrigan been re-located to other leagues, who knows maybe even where they had less travelling ?
Without being rude , when was the last time Wunghnu was able to be competetive on a consistant basis with the likes of those in group 2 , Katandra, Tungamah and obviously only new but Dookie and Shepp East ?
I am right in thinking, most KDFL clubs would travel through Wunghnu to get to Tally ?
How long would Picola , Katunga, Katty , Yarraweah, Strathy be able to consistantly match the other clubs in div 2, I know some have enjoyed success over time, and are at the moment, but to do it over 10 or so years is a bit different and required to maintain a club ?
Given Picola drag quite a few from Tongala and, along with Mathoura, a few from Echuca how far would it be from from Echuca or Tongala to Cooleambilly, Rennie, Jerlderie and who are the billabong crows ?
How would some of these clubs get players to travel a couple of hours every week ?

In summary, unfortunately, if your a life member of Berrigan, Picola, Mathoura, Yarraweah, Katunga, Strathy or Katty I would not bank on seeing your grandchildren play with your club. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

nah mate there right!! katy have no hope this year apart from young gun Joseph Wright. maybe the experience of matt, jake, jedd and injury prone sammy wright could get them a win!! also maxxy as president should help the club! good luck to em. they will need it

Underestimate the Tigers at your own peril.

Chiken was a little out with his prediction, Yarroweyah come out on to by 20 points in a solid hitout for both teams.

Magic, with all the new players arriving at Berrigan, besides the boys that played on wednesday night, what is the quality of the other recruits yet to play for the saints? will they make a difference or is it going to be another tough year?

Magic, with all the new players arriving at Berrigan, besides the boys that played on wednesday night, what is the quality of the other recruits yet to play for the saints? will they make a difference or is it going to be another tough year?

The Caoch, Scott Turner will be a big boost, Watt and McKenzie will be unknows at this stage till we see how they will fit into the side and like all other clubs we are always hopefull of getting that last signing. I think more the locals in Thornton, Bond, Hickey and McQualter are who we missed on Wednesday night.

Here's a thought in relation to this re-modelling of our league. Granted I may be a traditionlist, but i don't think anyone wants to see our current clubs dissapear and we all realise the importance, especially in the current era , that a football club has on the local community.
Can somebody who's in the know let us all know a few things ?
Would this be being planned had shepp east , dookie and for that matter berrigan been re-located to other leagues, who knows maybe even where they had less travelling ?
Without being rude , when was the last time Wunghnu was able to be competetive on a consistant basis with the likes of those in group 2 , Katandra, Tungamah and obviously only new but Dookie and Shepp East ?
I am right in thinking, most KDFL clubs would travel through Wunghnu to get to Tally ?
How long would Picola , Katunga, Katty , Yarraweah, Strathy be able to consistantly match the other clubs in div 2, I know some have enjoyed success over time, and are at the moment, but to do it over 10 or so years is a bit different and required to maintain a club ?
Given Picola drag quite a few from Tongala and, along with Mathoura, a few from Echuca how far would it be from from Echuca or Tongala to Cooleambilly, Rennie, Jerlderie and who are the billabong crows ?
How would some of these clubs get players to travel a couple of hours every week ?

In summary, unfortunately, if your a life member of Berrigan, Picola, Mathoura, Yarraweah, Katunga, Strathy or Katty I would not bank on seeing your grandchildren play with your club. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

The billabong crows are a merger between Oaklands & Urana Football clubs. I think their strip is the Adelaide colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back