Picola & District North West 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try again and get people back onto the real footy WHO IS GOING TO WIN ROUND 1

Deniliquin Rovers
vs
Berrigan 20pts

Picola United
vs
Wunghnu 5goals

Strathmerton 45points
vs
Blighty

Yarroweyah
vs
Mathoura 12points

Good luck boys for the season opener

Also good to see Luke and Ryan Kenny have signed at Wunghnu its only taking me till 5 days before the season but I told you I would get you (lol) great pick ups for the U we should be in for a very good year on and off the field.

I heard a whisper that whilst things might be looking okay for Wunghnu 1sts, they may not be able to put any netballers, 3rds or 4ths on the track.

Can this please be confirmed or denied?

Mate all I can say we will field a side in each team but we might be struggling abit!!! But we will push hard mate

Mate all I can say we will field a side in each team but we might be struggling abit!!! But we will push hard mate

Good luck for the year Boof - played at smallest sheep station 20 years ago & still follow the results. It's been good to come on here occasionally & read that the club is on the up & up. Hopefully it translates to some wins!

Good luck for the year Boof - played at smallest sheep station 20 years ago & still follow the results. It's been good to come on here occasionally & read that the club is on the up & up. Hopefully it translates to some wins!

Cheers Mate:D:thumbsu: Mate there is only one way we can go and its ups :)

We have a few PAST PLAYERS DAYS this year as its our 125yrs so you should come up for a beer!!! PM me for details cheers and thanks bud

Cheers Mate:D:thumbsu: Mate there is only one way we can go and its ups :)

We have a few PAST PLAYERS DAYS this year as its our 125yrs so you should come up for a beer!!! PM me for details cheers and thanks bud

Unlikely mate as (stupidly) I'm still having a kick down here. I'm on here for a trawl at least once a week, so post the dates when it's coming up as I'm sure I'm not the only ex player that pokes around!

I know the Lane boys & was disappointed to see them leaving. I played with their older brother there... How come so many of last years players have left?

Unlikely mate as (stupidly) I'm still having a kick down here. I'm on here for a trawl at least once a week, so post the dates when it's coming up as I'm sure I'm not the only ex player that pokes around!

I know the Lane boys & was disappointed to see them leaving. I played with their older brother there... How come so many of last years players have left?

Not sure mate a few think they were better than what they are and have moved on!!!!
Some of them held the club to ransom as they were the only good players at the time for Wunghnu , bad thing for them is we have picked up about 15 new players and have alot of leg speed and some very very good footballers from all over the place.
Lets just hope for the club and the league that Wunghnu can win a FEW GAMES this year as I no they will :D

Hard to say i have played for money my whole career. over the last 12 years i have been coach for 8 years and assistant coach for the other 4. Sure ive been paid but show me a assistant or a senior coach that hasnt.
My idea was to make some discussion about the possibilty of the points system that works fairly well in other areas. but if you think it wouldnt work then that's you opinion. I knocked back $50 k to coach hay. must mean im on some good $$ at rovers.[/QUOTE]

chris mitsch coached us for nothing the first yr, not sure even to this date he gets paid yet, can tell you got a feed for he and his family on thur nights. denifc you get on here piss and moan yourself because my facts are pretty close to the mark dont come on here crack shits, because your big so called gun paid players couldnt perform on the weekend and also just proves sexton is the better coach then parsons:thumbsu: parsons had the players back then, they should take there hat off to drennan for keeping most of them together denifc we dont pay players etc we never do hahaha you prob pay the coach who prob palms it out would that be closer to the mark? we are the rams people will play for us. you guys are that far up yourselves your doing back flips. most paid player at mathoura hahaha maybe we will poach all your players when they leave dissapointed, heard a story on grape vine today you guys want to band andrew may from ever stepping back in to club haha best thing thats come out of that club and his not there now because you all have your heads up your arse, played all his juniors there etc then treat him like shit when he chased a bit of coin, had you not he would prob be back there but once again you guys rule denifc back to the drawing board now..

Hard to say i have played for money my whole career. over the last 12 years i have been coach for 8 years and assistant coach for the other 4. Sure ive been paid but show me a assistant or a senior coach that hasnt.
My idea was to make some discussion about the possibilty of the points system that works fairly well in other areas. but if you think it wouldnt work then that's you opinion. I knocked back $50 k to coach hay. must mean im on some good $$ at rovers.

chris mitsch coached us for nothing the first yr, not sure even to this date he gets paid yet, can tell you got a feed for he and his family on thur nights. denifc you get on here piss and moan yourself because my facts are pretty close to the mark dont come on here crack shits, because your big so called gun paid players couldnt perform on the weekend and also just proves sexton is the better coach then parsons:thumbsu: parsons had the players back then, they should take there hat off to drennan for keeping most of them together denifc we dont pay players etc we never do hahaha you prob pay the coach who prob palms it out would that be closer to the mark? we are the rams people will play for us. you guys are that far up yourselves your doing back flips. most paid player at mathoura hahaha maybe we will poach all your players when they leave dissapointed, heard a story on grape vine today you guys want to band andrew may from ever stepping back in to club haha best thing thats come out of that club and his not there now because you all have your heads up your arse, played all his juniors there etc then treat him like shit when he chased a bit of coin, had you not he would prob be back there but once again you guys rule denifc back to the drawing board now..[/quote]

Its a good feed though cooked by Stevie "the legend" Ocallaghan.

My idea was to make some discussion about the possibilty of the points system that works fairly well in other areas. but if you think it wouldnt work then that's you opinion. I knocked back $50 k to coach hay. must mean im on some good $$ at rovers.

chris mitsch coached us for nothing the first yr, not sure even to this date he gets paid yet, can tell you got a feed for he and his family on thur nights. denifc you get on here piss and moan yourself because my facts are pretty close to the mark dont come on here crack shits, because your big so called gun paid players couldnt perform on the weekend and also just proves sexton is the better coach then parsons:thumbsu: parsons had the players back then, they should take there hat off to drennan for keeping most of them together denifc we dont pay players etc we never do hahaha you prob pay the coach who prob palms it out would that be closer to the mark? we are the rams people will play for us. you guys are that far up yourselves your doing back flips. most paid player at mathoura hahaha maybe we will poach all your players when they leave dissapointed, heard a story on grape vine today you guys want to band andrew may from ever stepping back in to club haha best thing thats come out of that club and his not there now because you all have your heads up your arse, played all his juniors there etc then treat him like shit when he chased a bit of coin, had you not he would prob be back there but once again you guys rule denifc back to the drawing board now..[/quote]
pay peanuts get monkeys captain and coach hahaha

Enough of the crap... Getting back to footy...

4 pretty interesting games. Would not be surprised to see each game decided by 3-4 goals. Should be a pretty even 1st round I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

enough of the crap... Getting back to footy...

4 pretty interesting games. Would not be surprised to see each game decided by 3-4 goals. Should be a pretty even 1st round i think.

lets get some tips then mate?

If mitchy is coaching you guys for nothing i would be signing him to a 10 year deal as soon as possible. Has done a good job out there since he arrived and if he is spending a couple of thousand dollars a year in expenses to go out to mathoura and coach, you guys should hold on to him as long as you can.

Enough of the crap... Getting back to footy...

4 pretty interesting games. Would not be surprised to see each game decided by 3-4 goals. Should be a pretty even 1st round I think.

Good Call bring on the footy so we have something worth talking about

If mitchy is coaching you guys for nothing i would be signing him to a 10 year deal as soon as possible. Has done a good job out there since he arrived and if he is spending a couple of thousand dollars a year in expenses to go out to mathoura and coach, you guys should hold on to him as long as you can.[/QUOTE]

thats the plan cm he and his family love it out here.:thumbsu:

My tips and reviews:-

Picola to get up over the "U" by the smallest of margins, only because they have been together as a team longer.. meaning core group with the likes of Baxter, Daniel, Holyman, Muir & Scadden, all knowing how each other play. But Boofa has talked up the "U" and maybe I might be proven wrong, great to see the "U" gather quailty players making the comp even more even.:thumbsu:
Picola by 15 points

Strathmerton and Blighty looks like it could be harder to pick than a broken nose... Blighty have talk there 2010 chances bigger than anyone. And why not with the return of the Platfuss bro's Marrett, Corchrane etc, But Preseason form suggest's the Bulldogs. So I'm going to pick the Redeyes by 20 points only because of the extra height. Don't forget one L. Carter, for the Dogs great player, and my early fav for the Pearce.

Rovers and the Saints,... Ummmmm, dare I say It no Ben Way no Berrigan????? Their main focal point up forward, the saints may struggle without him. Deni always hard to beat on their own dung hill, and with the older heads I reckon the rovers by 4 points. (My match of the round)

Yarra and Mathoura, with bugger all departures for both sides in the off season, and some handy in's I reckon this will be a tight tussel. Lumber (new), Phillips and speedstar Kerr are always hard to contain. Hoppers will be looking to improve on "09" with maybe pushing for finals..... In another good game I'm going for the home side by 3 points.

Good luck to all teams for the "2010" season:thumbsu:

Picola to get up over the "U" by the smallest of margins, only because they have been together as a team longer.. meaning core group with the likes of Baxter, Daniel, Holyman, Muir & Scadden, all knowing how each other play. But Boofa has talked up the "U" and maybe I might be proven wrong, great to see the "U" gather quailty players making the comp even more even.:thumbsu:
Picola by 15 points

Back Sore I have in away talked up the U but im very impressed with the training they have put in over the pre-season!! Im not saying we will be the flag winners but i can tell you that all sides will get a four quarter effort from of our club.
All the best for the season to all clubs this year and I hope the top5 is seperated by %

Pic V Wun- will be interesting game think picola will get over the line just. wunghnu will be more competitive this year but i still think they will end up on the bottom

Strath v Bli- wouldnt be surprised if blighty win, have picked up so will be completly different side to last year. strathy will miss richardson,laidlaw and taylor but still have quality players. blighty by 2-3 goals

Deni v Ber berrigan by 5 goals think deni may drop off a fair bit this year.

yarra v math should be a very good and close game both quick sides. fitness will play a big part towards end of game. mathouras forward line might be too much for yarras backline. math by 3 goals

Picola by 15 points

Strathmerton and Blighty looks like it could be harder to pick than a broken nose... Blighty have talk there 2010 chances bigger than anyone. And why not with the return of the Platfuss bro's Marrett, Corchrane etc, But Preseason form suggest's the Bulldogs. So I'm going to pick the Redeyes by 20 points only because of the extra height. Don't forget one L. Carter, for the Dogs great player, and my early fav for the Pearce.

Rovers and the Saints,... Ummmmm, dare I say It no Ben Way no Berrigan????? Their main focal point up forward, the saints may struggle without him. Deni always hard to beat on their own dung hill, and with the older heads I reckon the rovers by 4 points. (My match of the round)

Yarra and Mathoura, with bugger all departures for both sides in the off season, and some handy in's I reckon this will be a tight tussel. Lumber (new), Phillips and speedstar Kerr are always hard to contain. Hoppers will be looking to improve on "09" with maybe pushing for finals..... In another good game I'm going for the home side by 3 points.

Good luck to all teams for the "2010" season:thumbsu:

Ben will be back, but You'll get to see that Nevins will be a great replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back