Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With rd 1 done what's everyone's thoughts at the moment. Is picola the side to beat this year?. Another long year for the hoppers?

With rd 1 done what's everyone's thoughts at the moment. Is picola the side to beat this year?. Another long year for the hoppers?

The Hoppers have improved a great deal. They will surprise a couple of sides. They were right in it at half time and I though were the better side up to that point. They have recruited a couple of hard nuts. Speaking with Poppy after the game he said the biggest thing that have improved on is their off field support and work. Which is great.
Deni really put the foot down in the 3rd quarter and the game was over.

Great to see the Hoppers competitive, & look forward to watching their improvement. Looks like a more even competition this year. Top 4 for me is Picola, Strathy, Blighty, Jerilderie & 5th to be fought out between Toc & Deni. Early wins will be crucial as all bottom sides could sneak into the 5.

I
Great to see the Hoppers competitive, & look forward to watching their improvement. Looks like a more even competition this year. Top 4 for me is Picola, Strathy, Blighty, Jerilderie & 5th to be fought out between Toc & Deni. Early wins will be crucial as all bottom sides could sneak into the 5.
I think you missed a side that will make the GF - Berrigan. They will definately make finals

I

I think you missed a side that will make the GF - Berrigan. They will definately make finals

Only R1 so a lot of assumptions made way to early. But my mail was Toc were probably better for half a game, just a little underdone. Time will tell. Anyway good even competition, great for footy.

Only R1 so a lot of assumptions made way to early. But my mail was Toc were probably better for half a game, just a little underdone. Time will tell. Anyway good even competition, great for footy.

All sides are underdone in round 1 ,,,, Toc won the first half and Berrigan monstered them in the second half to win by 8 goals ... Dont forget Berrigan sat up around 3rd and fourth spot on the ladder for the first half of the season and got absolutely belted with injuries in the second half of the season and with no depth in their ressies slide down to fifth ,,, this pre season they have gone under the radar but one now sees they have recruited very well,,,and lost only 2 good players ,,, food for thought ,,

All sides are underdone in round 1 ,,,, Toc won the first half and Berrigan monstered them in the second half to win by 8 goals ... Dont forget Berrigan sat up around 3rd and fourth spot on the ladder for the first half of the season and got absolutely belted with injuries in the second half of the season and with no depth in their ressies slide down to fifth ,,, this pre season they have gone under the radar but one now sees they have recruited very well,,,and lost only 2 good players ,,, food for thought ,,

First half a dozen rounds will be very interesting. How about Jerilderie. I don't expect them to just lay down after loosing a few players.

According to Shep news strathmerton had only 12 players from last years gf side playing against picola.

Good chance this year could be a very close one which will be good for the comp

Di

How many were out that are still playing there this year?

It to me looks like they had 9 from the premiership side out.
B.O'Connor, M.McMillan, B.Coburn and Z.Bunge all left.
S.Downie, B.Power, I.Oliver and L.Carter didn't play and not cleared anywhere.
L.Pinnuck playing Bushies
The race for the flag looks very open at this stage. This weeks games should give us a bit more information on teams and where they all stand.

Jerilderie Vs Strathy 43 points very keen to see if Jerilderie have dropped off as much as I expect
Blighty Vs Deni 5 points have Deni improved as much as people expect
Picola Vs Mathoura 65 points are Picola the dominant force everyone expects
Yarroweyah Vs Tocumwal 57 points how competitive will the hoppers be this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It to me looks like they had 9 from the premiership side out.
B.O'Connor, M.McMillan, B.Coburn and Z.Bunge all left.
S.Downie, B.Power, I.Oliver and L.Carter didn't play and not cleared anywhere.
L.Pinnuck playing Bushies
The race for the flag looks very open at this stage. This weeks games should give us a bit more information on teams and where they all stand.

Jerilderie Vs Strathy 43 points very keen to see if Jerilderie have dropped off as much as I expect
Blighty Vs Deni 5 points have Deni improved as much as people expect
Picola Vs Mathoura 65 points are Picola the dominant force everyone expects
Yarroweyah Vs Tocumwal 57 points how competitive will the hoppers be this year
That makes two then cos don't think oliver played in the grand final and power has a clearance in to else where,

Who are the winners this week?
Berrigan vs Yarroweyah 103 points
Deniliquin vs Picola 61 points
Mathoura vs Jerilderie 11 points
Tocumwal vs Blighty 10 points

Was fairly accurate last week see how they turn out this week
:thumbsu: 40 points Jerilderie Vs Strathy 43 points very keen to see if Jerilderie have dropped off as much as I expect
:thumbsu: 47 points Blighty Vs Deni 5 points have Deni improved as much as people expect
:thumbsu: 74 points Picola Vs Mathoura 65 points are Picola the dominant force everyone expects
:thumbsu: 64 points Yarroweyah Vs Tocumwal 57 points how competitive will the hoppers be this year

Berrigan vs Yarroweyah 103 points
Deniliquin vs Picola 61 points
Mathoura vs Jerilderie 11 points
Tocumwal vs Blighty 10 points

Was fairly accurate last week see how they turn out this week
:thumbsu: 40 points Jerilderie Vs Strathy 43 points very keen to see if Jerilderie have dropped off as much as I expect
:thumbsu: 47 points Blighty Vs Deni 5 points have Deni improved as much as people expect
:thumbsu: 74 points Picola Vs Mathoura 65 points are Picola the dominant force everyone expects
:thumbsu: 64 points Yarroweyah Vs Tocumwal 57 points how competitive will the hoppers be this year

Pretty close again as far as winners & loosers I'd say. Only margins I differ with.

Berigan by 65points
Picola by 45 points
Jerilderie by 48 points
Blighty by 36 points

:thumbsu: 132 points Berrigan vs Yarroweyah 103 points
:thumbsu: 76 points Deniliquin vs Picola 61 points
:thumbsdown: 141 points Mathoura vs Jerilderie 11 points
:thumbsdown: Draw Tocumwal vs Blighty 10 points

What a blow out Mathoura was winning by such a big space. This weeks games look to be all very interesting contests.
Blighty vs Berrigan 22 points probably match of the round 2 undefeated sides battling it out. Berrigan to get over the line late.
Jerilderie vs Deni 13 points Jerilderie will look to bounce back and get their first points but hard to pick them after that unexpected thumping.
Picola vs Tocumwal 57 points Picola will continue on their winning way cementing themselves as flag favourites
Strathy vs Mathoura 9 points I'm tipping Strathy to be a little bit too classy for Mathoura but a Timbercutters win will not surprise after this weekend just gone.

What a blow out Mathoura was winning by such a big space. This weeks games look to be all very interesting contests.
Blighty vs Berrigan 22 points probably match of the round 2 undefeated sides battling it out. Berrigan to get over the line late.
Jerilderie vs Deni 13 points Jerilderie will look to bounce back and get their first points but hard to pick them after that unexpected thumping.
Picola vs Tocumwal 57 points Picola will continue on their winning way cementing themselves as flag favourites
Strathy vs Mathoura 9 points I'm tipping Strathy to be a little bit too classy for Mathoura but a Timbercutters win will not surprise after this weekend just gone.

I think Jerilderie were pretty undermanned on the weekend, expect them to get a few back and be a lot more competitive this week.

Berrigan over Blighty by 5points but wouldn't surprise me if it went the other way.

Jerilderie to bounce back and beat Deni by 18points.

Picola by 36 points over Tocumwal.

Strathy by 42 points over Mathoura.

Berrigan over Blighty by 5points but wouldn't surprise me if it went the other way.

Jerilderie to bounce back and beat Deni by 18points.

Picola by 36 points over Tocumwal.

Strathy by 42 points over Mathoura.

Ok, so Berrigan just over Blighty, 2 top 4 sides by the look at this stage.

Over estimated Jerilderie by the looks. Not sure we learnt anything from this result.

Picola by an expected margin, though didn't get it there own way for more than a half. Expect Tocumwal to be strong at the eoy. Been ran over a couple of times this year. More fitness and they should be a real threat.

Strathy with a few back in look impressive, next few weeks to see where they sit.

Ok, so Berrigan just over Blighty, 2 top 4 sides by the look at this stage.

Over estimated Jerilderie by the looks. Not sure we learnt anything from this result.

Picola by an expected margin, though didn't get it there own way for more than a half. Expect Tocumwal to be strong at the eoy. Been ran over a couple of times this year. More fitness and they should be a real threat.

Strathy with a few back in look impressive, next few weeks to see where they sit.

Its only early but all the pre season talk about the teams to be up there were Picola, Strathy, Blighty, and Toc, with Jerildrie dropping off.... no mention about Berrigan !!!!
Having the bye already, Berrigan have only played 3 games where they defeated Toc, Blighty , and gave the grasshoppers there biggest defeat so far this season ... They have poor depth so dont need a bad injury run, otherwise they will be a big player this season

Its only early but all the pre season talk about the teams to be up there were Picola, Strathy, Blighty, and Toc, with Jerildrie dropping off.... no mention about Berrigan !!!!
Having the bye already, Berrigan have only played 3 games where they defeated Toc, Blighty , and gave the grasshoppers there biggest defeat so far this season ... They have poor depth so dont need a bad injury run, otherwise they will be a big player this season

Yep, 1st one to admit I overlooked Berrigan, from last year. Good to see many teams in the league with a chance. Top of the table clash looks like a beauty. Picola will need to play 4q this week if they are to remain unbeaten. By the looks they got ahead of them selves starting poorly against Toc. Picola just over the saints for me. Strathy comfortably over deni, Toc by plenty over Jerilderie and Blighty to inflict more hurt on the Hoppers

:thumbsu: 18 points Blighty vs Berrigan 22 points probably match of the round 2 undefeated sides battling it out. Berrigan to get over the line late.
:thumbsu: 68 points Jerilderie vs Deni 13 points Jerilderie will look to bounce back and get their first points but hard to pick them after that unexpected thumping.
:thumbsu: 31 points Picola vs Tocumwal 57 points Picola will continue on their winning way cementing themselves as flag favourites
:thumbsu: 88 points Strathy vs Mathoura 9 points I'm tipping Strathy to be a little bit too classy for Mathoura but a Timbercutters win will not surprise after this weekend just gone.

Berrigan would be happy with taking the 4 points home from Blighty after reports 5 kids doubled up out of the 3rds for them.
Deni now have something to build on now and as I predicted Jerilderie will be very much closer to the bottom than the top
Picola overcame a very sluggish start kicking 9 second half goals to 1 but now look beatable. Toc are improving every week.
Strathy proved they will be a force to be reckoned with this year and Mathoura would be disappointed with that effort.

This week there is another top of the table clash with the only 2 undefeated sides doing battle Berrigan and Picola. Deni get a chance at home to see where they're at taking on Strathy whilst Toc home to Jerilderie and Blighty away to Yarroweyah should both get back on the winners list.

Berrigan vs Picola 7 points match of the round played at Berrigan tipping Berrigan with home ground advantage can't wait to see the results
Deni vs Strathy 32 points Deni will be competitive early but expect Strathy to run away with it
Tocumwal vs Jerilderie 99 points Toc at home will be keen to flex their muscle in front of a home crowd
Yarroweyah vs Blighty 53 points Blighty will be looking for a 100+ win but I expect the Hoppers to be more competitive at home after the bye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back