Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt be crowing about the quality of MFL umpires . If rumours of AFL GM taking over the GVFUA are true which of the 3 leagues the GVFUA now umpire , do you think will get the umpires that use to umpire lower placed PDFNL clubs . The two leagues that are already paying big money for administration or the MFL ?
Didnt say the MFL umpires are great... just saying the pdfnl umps were shit at mathoura on Sunday. If u were there u would agree unless u picked them....

Didnt say the MFL umpires are great... just saying the pdfnl umps were shit at mathoura on Sunday. If u were there u would agree unless u picked them....
And speaking to people at the game saying they have been shit all year. True....

Was there and didn't pick em , heard the same about MFL and GVFL umpires all year and bashing of umpires unfortunate is a favorite past time of many , especially when things aren't going to plan.
If everyone who had an opinion had a crack and showed everyone how it should be done, there'd be a over supply . It's always easy to sit back and pot.

Last edited:

And speaking to people at the game saying they have been shit all year. True....

Yeah been hearing the same about Deni Rams this year.... Actually dogs1703 ive seen and heard same about Jerilderie....
What's the issue with your once mighty clubs???
Ill answer myself when building/rebuilding a club it takes time. Well the same goes with our umpire association. I expected going out on our own with umpires was going to be an uphill battle this year given circumstances. In fact I thought it would be even tougher.
Dons and dogs are your clubs doing to chuck the towel in because things are tough and your getting flogged? of course not you keep persevering.
dogs1703 i do respect your opinion on this and hope you respect mine when I suggest the league had to act on the umpires for more reasons than just umpires. So let's try to work to improve the standard over time just as we do our own game or team performance.

Yeah been hearing the same about Deni Rams this year.... Actually dogs1703 ive seen and heard same about Jerilderie....
Ill answer myself when building/rebuilding a club it takes time. Well the same goes with our umpire association. I expected going out on our own with umpires was going to be an uphill battle this year given circumstances. In fact I thought it would be even tougher.
Dons and dogs are your clubs doing to chuck the towel in because things are tough and your getting flogged? of course not you keep persevering.
dogs1703 i do respect your opinion on this and hope you respect mine when I suggest the league had to act on the umpires for more reasons than just umpires. So let's try to work to improve the standard over time just as we do our own game or team performance.
Wilty theres no issue with our club!we know werent much good this year!this is about the umps being not up to scratch.it sounds like a few in charge of league didnt realise how bad they were till now tho

All round Performance of the club has nothing to do with the umps. Just saying what i saw at mathoura. All clubs have ups and downs. How many ex MFL clubs in picola league finals, few bad years and head to the lower league...

Wilty theres no issue with our club!we know werent much good this year!this is about the umps being not up to scratch.it sounds like a few in charge of league didnt realise how bad they were till now tho

As I said dogs there is more at stake here than umps. I saw enough games to say they weren't as bad as you're making out. Room for improvement yes. not sure what you expected given its the first year.
But it's about time clubs stopped being lazy when it comes to umpire development and that comment applies to all country leagues not just ours.

Last edited:
As I said dogs there is more at stake here than umps. I saw enough games to say they weren't as bad as you're making out. Room for improvement yes. not sure what you expected given its the first year.
But it's about time clubs stopped being lazy when it comes to umpire development and that comment applies to all country leagues not just ours.
Im not sure why your saying its the umpires first year when some of them have been doing it for many years

Im not sure why your saying its the umpires first year when some of them have been doing it for many years

The first year of our umpires association. As I said the assoc is building and has to recruit and train exactly the same as a club. Given the whole thing only blew up in November last year the assoc has done a good job to get games covered.

Bit like your club some with plenty of experience some maybe not so much.

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't point out flaws. But I will point out netball clubs put a fair bit of effort into encouraging and training umpires about time football stepped up and did the same.

All round Performance of the club has nothing to do with the umps. Just saying what i saw at mathoura. All clubs have ups and downs. How many ex MFL clubs in picola league finals, few bad years and head to the lower league...

Exactly the performance of a club has nothing to do With the umps. Yes clubs go up and down. My point was developing an umpire assoc has similar challenges to running a club. Yet we are happy to put the boots into the umps but jump to the defence of our clubs.
As for clubs going down to a lower league IMO that has more to do with population movement including how their juniors are going.
You can keep up the pdfnl v MFL if you want it's a tad boring now the chest beating stuff. I honestly think pdfnl clubs cater particularly well to their communities as do MFL clubs.

maybe the overall view of the league , 2 x divisions , is more positive in comparison to other years than you think ?
umpires were always going to be heavily scrutinised this year as many felt the league wouldnt have umpires. Fact is the majority of the new umps association are ex GVFUA umpires and the PDFNL in the past got the worst GVFUA umpires.
Whilst many of the current umpires have umpired at a higher level in the past.
The most telling thing is the development of new umpires and the quality of those umpires. You wont see him in the north west due to conflict of interest , however first year central umpire Brayden Price is as good as any young umpire you'll see in the gm region.

Exactly the performance of a club has nothing to do With the umps. Yes clubs go up and down. My point was developing an umpire assoc has similar challenges to running a club. Yet we are happy to put the boots into the umps but jump to the defence of our clubs.
As for clubs going down to a lower league IMO that has more to do with population movement including how their juniors are going.
You can keep up the pdfnl v MFL if you want it's a tad boring now the chest beating stuff. I honestly think pdfnl clubs cater particularly well to their communities as do MFL clubs.
Stop reading my posts then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the great Aaron percel still having a kick in this league?

Kicked 48 goals for Jerilderie from 16 games, I think he has hung the boots but until round 1 next season I couldn't be 100% sure on that one. Premierships, multiple league goal kicking awards inc a season of 200+ goals don't think he has much left to prove.

Thats a good crowd considering Picola were a walk in to win ..... did Picola spend a lot of bucks on recruits this year or what was there reason for the resurgence and dominance ?

Thats a good crowd considering Picola were a walk in to win ..... did Picola spend a lot of bucks on recruits this year or what was there reason for the resurgence and dominance ?

i would say what's helped them is jerilderie dropped right off and although strathmerton made gf they were half the side they were last year.

I heard they have spent around 100k but could be wrong. Deni rovers spent alot to finish 5th as did blighty one week further into finals than deni. Heard blighty have offered their recruits alot less $ to recruit more.....

I heard they have spent around 100k but could be wrong. Deni rovers spent alot to finish 5th as did blighty one week further into finals than deni. Heard blighty have offered their recruits alot less $ to recruit more.....

I heard Blighty players have offered to receive less individually so they can fit more of their mates in the budget. Scary thought for Deni Rams I would suggest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back