Pies after Joel Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

jmopa

Draftee
Oct 3, 2004
Other Teams
Collingwood
Just heard on SEN news update at 3pm that collingwood have tabled a lucrative offer for Joel Smith.

What do pies supporters think should we be going after a player like him i would have thought we have players like him already. But MM is very impressed with his performances against Chris Tarrant on the last few occassions

rUsTy_mAgPiE said:
im happy to take him in the preseason draft im not giving up pick 7 for a player of his age but

he won't last, the dogs will have the cap room, so will rich but that depends whether they have guarranted simmonds anything, eitherway cough up or take your luck.

we'll take our luck then thanks

dont need him, so not giving up anything of value for him. Nice freebie but not worth giving up a 10+ year quick midfeilder which we actualy need

if he lasts to pick 4 we'll take him (yes adelaide is after us u know that ladder thing that works out where everyone is ranked it goes in the opposit order to that and adelaide finished above us)

feher said:
he won't last, the dogs will have the cap room, so will rich but that depends whether they have guarranted simmonds anything, eitherway cough up or take your luck.
Richmond should take Simmonds in the PSD.
We only hope that Bulldogs don't.
IMO it's worth a shot as long as he isn't getting paid THAT much and we get him in the PSD.
He would release Cole or Johnson into the midfield, but I don't see him being a huge improvement to our side with our solid backline.

Bueller said:
We may have told him to not sign a contract with the Hawks and to enter the PSD.

i am telling you now, he will not last, the dogs will take him, that is if we don't re-draft him or tiges, either expect another rawlings type deal with rich/dogs and us or cough it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bueller said:
We may have told him to not sign a contract with the Hawks and to enter the PSD.

hmm, would make it interesting if both Ottens & Smith entered the PSD, who would the bullies go for and who would be left for the pies (if richmond has a deal to take simmonds)

tyk23 said:
hmm, would make it interesting if both Ottens & Smith entered the PSD, who would the bullies go for and who would be left for the pies (if richmond has a deal to take simmonds)

and what do we get? sigh their are 3 clubs all ahead of pies in the psd.

jabso said:
Richmond should take Simmonds in the PSD.
We only hope that Bulldogs don't.
IMO it's worth a shot as long as he isn't getting paid THAT much and we get him in the PSD.
He would release Cole or Johnson into the midfield, but I don't see him being a huge improvement to our side with our solid backline.

Solid backline.. :eek: ...LOL!

feher said:
and what do we get? sigh their are 3 clubs all ahead of pies in the psd.

I realise that, I doubt hawthorn would redraft Smith and I am not sure Hawthorn could afford or would want Ottens (though they may be able to with Thompson gone).

Looagerbalsak said:
Solid backline.. :eek: ...LOL!
You think we don't have a solid backline? You kidding.

Besides this year (when our backline was ripped apart from injuries) our backline has ranked among the best in the leage (ie. points agaisnt). Anyhow, lets not takeover this thread with this crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies after Joel Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back