Analysis Pies made mistakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

The first one, my recollection, was Leon being a mile away from Varcoe who seized on the opportunity when the ball came his way. Poor defence. The second I'll have to take your word for since i can't bring myself to watch the game again. I was at the game so not sure what I missed on TV.

The first one was because Jolly couldn't jump in the ruck. Ottens got a clear hit out and it Selwood got out the back. Davis had to push up to cover Selwood and Warcoe got a handpass and a goal.

His role is under rated unless you have a midfield full of guns and the opposition have to do all the tagging. That's basically us in 2010 but sure as hell now we need a tagger. Even the Geelong flag sides had Lyng to call on when needed although he was always a lot more than just a tagger.

True, but regardless he has been very effective on a regular basis shutting down the oppositions best mid. Unfortunately our combination of premiership mids have rarely been on the park together since 2010

Given the way gun opposition mids have killed us over the years I'd say his role is underrated.

When Maccaffer shut down an opposition player, its a nil all draw. The opposition are basiccally playing a player less and we are playing a player less. When Maccaffer loses his battle we are basically playing a player down.

FMD or course he lies if that's your definition of lying. It's justification. It happens all the time and Eddie deos it in his sleep. He's hardly alone though.

I accept that a certain amount of spin doctoring takes place, but I have no doubt he was being honest about the issues facing the club. The speach was made at the Copeland. If you think he would stand up in front of the entire club and make stuff up then your delusion has reached a new level. If you truly believe what you are saying then why don't you try and force a spill of the board?

What else have you got to go by, other that what they do after they leave? What you imagine they might have done if they stayed?
Depends which club they went to. At Hawthorn look at Cegalr. He be delisted if he went to the Dees or a West Coast. Hawks know how to get the best out of them.

Yeah wish we had wellers back, I mean the bloke couldn't even get a game for WC.

Sell the farm! :thumbsu:

Love it! Krueger THATSGOLD would you give up these picks to recruit these players?
11 for Thomas. 18 for Wellinghan. 20 for Dawes. Straight forward question.
Why not. At that age. Thomas I had no problem letting go given his already troubled ankle. But no way I'd sell the two premiership players in Wellingham and Dawes.

Depends which club they went to. At Hawthorn look at Cegalr. He be delisted if he went to the Dees or a West Coast. Hawks know how to get the best out of them.

It helps when you are surrounded by gun mids. Which one of Witts or Grundy would you swap for Ceglar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not. At that age. Thomas I had no problem letting go given his already troubled ankle. But no way I'd sell the two premiership players in Wellingham and Dawes.

I don't think you understood the question.

When Maccaffer shut down an opposition player, its a nil all draw. The opposition are basiccally playing a player less and we are playing a player less. When Maccaffer loses his battle we are basically playing a player down.
It's not a nil all draw if the opposition player is imortant to their game plan which is the only reason he'd be tagged. Ask Chris Scott if he thinks Cameron Ling tagging swan in the 2011 GF was a nil all draw. It won them the flag. There is no more of a win than that.

Can we have Dawes and Wellingham back cira 2012. Yes. Play 2013 and 2014 with them both in the team. Yes yes yes. Have them ready to go in 2015. Yes yes yes.
Add Heath Shaw to our team while we are it. Yes!

Which two of Grundy Broomhead and Kennedy will you give up? We had three picks in a row so you can use hindsight to pick the one you'd like to keep.

Can we have Dawes and Wellingham back cira 2012. Yes. Play 2013 and 2014 with them both in the team. Yes yes yes. Have them ready to go in 2015. Yes yes yes.

Let me get this straight. You would give up pick 20 for the 2012 version of Dawes? Isn't there an expectation that players drafted that high can actually catch the ball?

I accept that a certain amount of spin doctoring takes place, but I have no doubt he was being honest about the issues facing the club. The speach was made at the Copeland. If you think he would stand up in front of the entire club and make stuff up then your delusion has reached a new level. If you truly believe what you are saying then why don't you try and force a spill of the board?
Have you ever wonderred why there has been no contested elected board member since the turn of the century?
Anyway, I don't want Eddie sacked for lying. I don't believe everything he says but I don't expect to.
The whole culture shambles has been a disaster though.
As I keep saying individual asessment of each list decision does not tell the story. It ignores synagies and team dynamic. My issue has always been at the staring point though and that was the decision to follow others with leading teams which from day 1 I thought was wrong and dangerous.

Let me get this straight. You would give up pick 20 for the 2012 version of Dawes? Isn't there an expectation that players drafted that high can actually catch the ball?
Shaw Wellingham and Dawes at Collingwood in 2013 and 2014 is more value than three blokes that hardly played and I'd take them in 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Pies made mistakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back