Pie's trade week wash up

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT: Fraser, Pick 25 & Pick 43.

IN: Tarrant, Krakouer, Ceglar, Pick 44, Pick 45, Pick 78, Pick 95.

Good result i'd say.

Very Happy with that. Really just lost a 1st Round Pick.

Ceglar Replaces Fraser

the Krakuer ceglar trade should go down as the "smoke n Krak" deal.

Good result for us. Its hard to get the window open for a premiership. These trades should keep it jambed open for a couple more.

OUT: Fraser, Pick 25 & Pick 43.

IN: Tarrant, Krakouer, Ceglar, Pick 44, Pick 45, Pick 78, Pick 95.

So to sum it up;

WE LOSE; A player who wasn't in our best 25, and a 1st round pick

WE GAIN; Draft Picks in the 2nd, 4th and 5th rounds. (we effectively kept our own 2nd round pick). And also 2 ready made players plus a young ruckman.

Not bad for a premiership team.:eek::D

Like the result and can not complain to much.

Now for Presti to make us his mind and Cloke to either sign up or ship out.

Wondering if Anthony was taken off the table due to the Cloke situation

very good result as it stands. im super disappointed in cloke and i hope they sort something out. but... im not gonna cry over losing him if he wants to be a money grubbing pr**k like his old man.

Very good week. We should trade like this every year. Wehave added Krakour, Tarrant and a tallented young ruckman in Ceglar and lost a dud in Fraser. I am very pleased and I think we have extended the margin between us and the second best side.

What I'm wondering is what the hell Hine has planned for those mid 40s picks. We were very, very reluctant to part with pick 43 and in the end only agreed to a one spot downgrade to get it done, so who has he tucked away and planned on getting for a bargain?

Well done to all

Honestly wasn't fussed over tarrant, but to get taz and strengthen our draft standing (after getting krak and ceglar!!) it's been very well done by all

Take a bow walshy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL!!! I think Eddie McGuire was spotted on his way to the bank with what can only be described as him having a joke with himself!! - Seriously.... Who can beat us the next 2-3 years with this list? Id say the "Premiership's a cakewalk"

LOL!!! I think Eddie McGuire was spotted on his way to the bank with what can only be described as him having a joke with himself!! - Seriously.... Who can beat us the next 2-3 years with this list? Id say the "Premiership's a cakewalk"

Lets not get carried away mate, we had a great year and a lot of luck injury wise, now the hard work starts again. Dont want to get all arrogant and ahead of ourselves, ala Geelong.

Great trade week result for us, have thought Krakouer would be a good fit for us for the last few months, but didn't think we would actually get him.

Ceglar addresses a need for a young ruckman and looks a decent prospect.

Tarrant only further strengthens our backline, coupled with an ability to play in multiple positions around the ground.

On the trades alone That's pretty good.

I'm just a little bit concerned as to whether what we've gained can cover all of these delistings and retirements.

On the trades alone That's pretty good.

I'm just a little bit concerned as to whether what we've gained can cover all of these delistings and retirements.

This is trade week. We still have the National and Pre-season Drafts yet to fill vacancies.

All in all a bloody terrific trade period getting a Sandover Medallist, Premiership BOG Grand Finalist, a well rated future Ruckman and a near AA back for very little.

Gold Coast though were the big winners with Scott Clayton proving he's in the Hine class not only getting some A Grade mature players but bargaining back a few of the compensation picks he gave for them as well.
Might have to poach him.:D

Happy enough with this years trades. The only thing I would say though, is that we need early picks next year to keep bringing in quality youth. I hope we at least keep our first 2 rounders next year and if at all possible we upgrade them. Long term we have to strike a balance between trades and drafting top end talent. We did the right thing and traded for what we needed to win a flag. Now we need to look after the cupboard for the next decade.

Excellent stuff Pies.

Very happy. We didn't lose much, added more depth, and retained our position in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

Now to stick a sock in David Cloke's gob and we should be set.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pie's trade week wash up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back