Pies will go all the way

Remove this Banner Ad

Cocky geelong supporters all year we have listen to your crap now the fun happens
Its not the players its the supporters.......

Champ, did u read the opening post in this thread?? Oh, right, thats just confidence, not cockiness...:rolleyes:

Geelong have done well to avoid paying any attention to their own hype this year, but I think they've made a crucial mistake which will cost them on come Friday night. If I were Mr.Thompson I would've told the players that they weren't going to the AA dinner, and said to not read any media until the grand final was won. It's well known down at Sleepy Hollow that they've achieved nothing until they've won the flag. Now their heads are going to be so far up their arses, it's all going to come undone - the choke is upon us.

Whilst Collingwood have been resting, the big noted cats have been wined and dined by the AFL's self proclaimed experts - experts who see fit to name 9 cats yet 0 pies in the best team in the land. Enjoy your time in the sun boys. I wonder how grand a couple of AA jumpers will be in comparison to the grand final medal you could, and I repeat 'could' have won.

Geelong is the only hurdle left and normally we could not beat them on their own merit, but as it turns out, they've blown the lid too early and we will beat them easily. We will easily account for either the Roos or the Power.

COLLINGWOOD WILL WIN THE FLAG!!!

Yet to see one Pie supporter come straight out and say "we'll beat Geelong because we're a better team then them" instead it's all clutching at straws just like this post.

If you guys win Friday night, and it's a big if, it won't be because some players attended the AA night, or because they're getting ahead of themselves, or any of the myriad other reasons put forward, because this side is as focused on the job at hand as any team could possibly be.

Well, since you're a simpleton from sleepy hollow, I'll explain. First of all, the saying goes that you shouldn't count your chickens until your eggs have hatched, and secondly, the eggs you get from the supermarket are unfertilised and believe it or not, they do not turn into chickens. :thumbsu: Poor old Geelong. Forever the bridesmaid!

Geelong have done well to avoid paying any attention to their own hype this year, but I think they've made a crucial mistake which will cost them on come Friday night. If I were Mr.Thompson I would've told the players that they weren't going to the AA dinner, and said to not read any media until the grand final was won. It's well known down at Sleepy Hollow that they've achieved nothing until they've won the flag. Now their heads are going to be so far up their arses, it's all going to come undone - the choke is upon us.

Whilst Collingwood have been resting, the big noted cats have been wined and dined by the AFL's self proclaimed experts - experts who see fit to name 9 cats yet 0 pies in the best team in the land. Enjoy your time in the sun boys. I wonder how grand a couple of AA jumpers will be in comparison to the grand final medal you could, and I repeat 'could' have won.

Geelong is the only hurdle left and normally we could not beat them on their own merit, but as it turns out, they've blown the lid too early and we will beat them easily. We will easily account for either the Roos or the Power.

COLLINGWOOD WILL WIN THE FLAG!!!

I agree mate.

Ironic how the thread is bagging Geelong for not keeping a lid on it and cause of this, Collingwood will win the flag. That's not exactly keeping a lid on it either.

Players wouldn't feel their job for 2007 is done because of the AA selections. Might even spur them on to justify their positions as there is more pressure now.

Can't blame the Collingwood supporters for being confident, they're playing some pretty good footy right now, and I can't blame them for being a little ticked off by the AA team .. most non-Geelong people are.

However, as someone who really doesn't care who wins, I'd be mighty surprised if the Pies can pull this one off. Geelong is playing as well as (if not better than) any team I've seen in the past 15 years.

Well, since you're a simpleton from sleepy hollow, I'll explain. First of all, the saying goes that you shouldn't count your chickens until your eggs have hatched, and secondly, the eggs you get from the supermarket are unfertilised and believe it or not, they do not turn into chickens. :thumbsu: Poor old Geelong. Forever the bridesmaid!

Actually, its "dont count your chickens before they are hatched", but why let the truth get in the way of a sh*t story...:rolleyes:

I don't recall hearing or seeing anything from the Geelong players that would suggest "their heads are going to be so far up their arses". If anything they have approached every game perfectly and kept any celebrations to a minimum.

I recall hearing an interview with Cam Mooney on SEN earlier in the year and you could just tell that the players had exactly the right attitude this season. From that moment on I knew Geelong were going to be pretty much unstoppable.

The pies aren't without a chance this weekend but if you are hoping it is going to come courtesy of Geelong getting ahead of themselves then you are sadly mistaken.
It will come in one way only, shutting down their midfield.

Ironic how the thread is bagging Geelong for not keeping a lid on it and cause of this, Collingwood will win the flag. That's not exactly keeping a lid on it either.

Players wouldn't feel their job for 2007 is done because of the AA selections. Might even spur them on to justify their positions as there is more pressure now.

A club champion has died.
This might be Buckley's last game.
We have 0 AA players, they have 9.
We are Collingwood, they are Geelong.

We are going to war and we will stick it up them. It's tough in the trenches and Geelong have jelly spines, as was shown in 2006 when we beat them by more than 100.

Mark my words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A club champion has died.
This might be Buckley's last game.
We have 0 AA players, they have 9.
We are Collingwood, they are Geelong.

We are going to war and we will stick it up them. It's tough in the trenches and Geelong have jelly spines, as was shown in 2006 when we beat them by more than 100.

Mark my words.

Nurse....have this patient sedated STAT!!!

All you Pies fans and players just keep shooting your mouths off....

"Yesterday, defender Nick Maxwell said he had no doubt the Magpies' chartering of a privatge jet had given them a headstart ..." (Age, Monday)

"I am just on the biggest high" - Paul Medhurst, same newspaper.

"We've got the momentum now" - O'Bree, today's Age.

It will make the demolition you will receive even more sweeter....

All you Pies fans and players just keep shooting your mouths off....

"Yesterday, defender Nick Maxwell said he had no doubt the Magpies' chartering of a privatge jet had given them a headstart ..." (Age, Monday)

"I am just on the biggest high" - Paul Medhurst, same newspaper.

"We've got the momentum now" - O'Bree, today's Age.

It will make the demolition you will receive even more sweeter....
Thats like the geelong paper with 40 years of 'near enough is good enough' headlines

I just thought of an awesome Cage Match.

Lets put Pussies_07_Flag and Piesflag07 in the cage and let them duke it out.

Subject: Who is the biggest tool at embarrassing their club?

Yes/No?

The cats thought they were the real deal at the start of 2006 too. Got a bit ahead of themselves then too I think.

Just because we played well at the beginning of 2006 and have played well throughout 2007 doesn't automatically mean we are getting ahead of ourselves. Since when does winning games = cockyness???

Keep clutching at straws Collingwood.

Well, since you're a simpleton from sleepy hollow, I'll explain. First of all, the saying goes that you shouldn't count your chickens until your eggs have hatched

You don't see the irony in starting a thread called: Pies to go all the way then proceeding to tell Geelong supporters not to count their chickens?

Poor old Geelong. Forever the bridesmaid!

Remind me how many GF's Collingwood have lost?

Actually it's not, but why let that get in the way of taking the piss out of someone?

Oh dear, sorry i left of the "ed" on a word, still no mention of any eggs though...didnt realise you articulate Port supporters were perusing a Pies/Cats thread in an attempt to sound intelligent...my bad...

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies will go all the way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back