Player in legal action against the AFL and Essendon - Hal Hunter

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm amused that the players union is not more bullish about this. I know they released a statement, but whoopee.

Like the tribunal they are part of the industry. They couldn't push to hard as it would eventually hurt their other members.

That's why the whole thing has been so farcical including the decision yesterday.

If and I guess it's a big if, Hunter gets a pay out then in a few years others will follow.

To hard to do it when you are part of the industry or at the club.

The players will be so relieved they will be happy to see the end of it but it won't last long.

If and I guess it's a big if, Hunter gets a pay out then in a few years others will follow.

To hard to do it when you are part of the industry or at the club.

The players will be so relieved they will be happy to see the end of it but it won't last long.
If essendon has no records as they say,a payout will open floodgates and insurance coy may drop them

If essendon has no records as they say,a payout will open floodgates and insurance coy may drop them

I don't think they do have the records, they certainly are not going to produce anything now.

Happy to be corrected but I can't see how they can avoid a pay out to Hunter. They need this to go away quickly.

Jon Pierik in the Age: ‘Former Essendon rookie-listed player Hal Hunter will intensify his bid to get to the bottom of the supplements saga by lodging a statement of claim with Essendon and the AFL.’

His lawyers want: ‘any documents between the Essendon Football Club and Mr Stephen Dank … concerning the administering of AOD-9604 … and thymosin beta-4’. They also want to see Hunter’s medical records, and a copy of Hird’s interview with ASADA on 16 April 2013.

Jon Pierik in the Age: ‘Former Essendon rookie-listed player Hal Hunter will intensify his bid to get to the bottom of the supplements saga by lodging a statement of claim with Essendon and the AFL.’

His lawyers want: ‘any documents between the Essendon Football Club and Mr Stephen Dank … concerning the administering of AOD-9604 … and thymosin beta-4’. They also want to see Hunter’s medical records, and a copy of Hird’s interview with ASADA on 16 April 2013.
Discovery requests point to money grab
Good on him, I probably would to.

Well this is awkward.

Did anyone else see it as significant that the Essendon players weren't wearing Essendon attire during Jobe's statement yesterday?

Didn't Jobe address that?

They were there to represent 34 players, not the EFC, and many of the 34 play at different clubs now. Some past players were part of the group at the press conference also.

I don't see anything sinister in it, but then I'm not looking for sinister.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ex-Bomber Hal Hunter steps up supplements case against Essendon

It is believed the managers of other disgruntled former Essendon players have expressed interest in joining Hunter's action.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ts-case-against-essendon-20150401-1mcxkn.html

brilliant stuff, but sadly we all know this is going to end in an out of court settlement.

fingers crossed though that hal is the HTB's white knight, not only in it for the pay-out but also to expose efc's injection regime

brilliant stuff, but sadly we all know this is going to end in an out of court settlement.

fingers crossed though that hal is the HTB's white knight, not only in it for the pay-out but also to expose efc's injection regime

If it ends in an out of court settlement and silencing (which I hope it won't), I wonder if that would preclude Hunter suing Essendon in, say, 15 years should he experience a health problem that might be related to this regime?

If Hunters legal team turn up anything from Dank, there will be all hell to play, serious egg on face for all & sundry.

If it ends in an out of court settlement and silencing (which I hope it won't), I wonder if that would preclude Hunter suing Essendon in, say, 15 years should he experience a health problem that might be related to this regime?

Depends on the terms of the settlement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player in legal action against the AFL and Essendon - Hal Hunter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back