Prediction PLAYER JUMPER NUMBERS

Remove this Banner Ad

So going off what's happened, what's likely to happen, what number changes do we think?

If Noble and Richards get to their desired clubs it frees up 29 and 9
Murphy and Carmichael retired so we also have 28 and 12
If we end up delisting/losing Fin, Reef or Kreugs then it opens up the possibilities of 26, 18 and 15

So that's a decent swathe of options for Perryman, Houston (if we get him) and possibly Hayes

We all know Perryman will be absolutely dying to have 36 but right now Harrison has that

I assume we'll try get Harrison down to 12, 28 or 29? Then give 36 to Harry

Houston then gets 9 most likely

Hayes could potentially take 18 if Finn ends up leaving

So going off what's happened, what's likely to happen, what number changes do we think?

If Noble and Richards get to their desired clubs it frees up 29 and 9
Murphy and Carmichael retired so we also have 28 and 12
If we end up delisting/losing Fin, Reef or Kreugs then it opens up the possibilities of 26, 18 and 15

So that's a decent swathe of options for Perryman, Houston (if we get him) and possibly Hayes

We all know Perryman will be absolutely dying to have 36 but right now Harrison has that

I assume we'll try get Harrison down to 12, 28 or 29? Then give 36 to Harry

Houston then gets 9 most likely

Hayes could potentially take 18 if Finn ends up leaving
why should HH give Perryman 36? Its his number. He has made it his own. Unless the player wants to move numbers for a reason (like Maynard), I doubt we are gonna upset one of our young players to sooth a recruit.
Lippa didn't ask for 27 when he came over to us from the dogs.
Perryman will take whatever is available, he's a grown man.

39 is also available

why should HH give Perryman 36? Its his number. He has made it his own. Unless the player wants to move numbers for a reason (like Maynard), I doubt we are gonna upset one of our young players to sooth a recruit.
Lippa didn't ask for 27 when he came over to us from the dogs.
Perryman will take whatever is available, he's a grown man.

39 is also available

I'm not saying he should

But I'd be surprised if the question isn't asked

Harvey may not care one little bit. We know Harry cares. He said he took 36 at GWS because he wanted the same number as Dane Swan

You don't think he'd also want Dane Swan's number as a Collingwood player?

I'm not saying he should

But I'd be surprised if the question isn't asked

Harvey may not care one little bit. We know Harry cares. He said he took 36 at GWS because he wanted the same number as Dane Swan

You don't think he'd also want Dane Swan's number as a Collingwood player?
I'm sure it's a nice thought. But I doubt its something that happens. If it was vacant, but it isn't, and I doubt he will ask a player he doesn't know to change.

I'm sure it's a nice thought. But I doubt its something that happens. If it was vacant, but it isn't, and I doubt he will ask a player he doesn't know to change.

He might not, but the club potentially could

They did something similar for Nick with the 35

They did it for Josh with the 35

Again, I say something similar. Maybe I imagined it but didn't they go to Presti about whether he was ok with 35 going to the Daicos boys?

He might not, but the club potentially could

They did something similar for Nick with the 35

They did it for Josh with the 35

Again, I say something similar. Maybe I imagined it but didn't they go to Presti about whether he was ok with 35 going to the Daicos boys?
Reckon thats a different situation with the whole 35 thing. It was their fathers number, and changed it from a draftee.

He may, its his number.
I doubt anyone will ask him to change for the sake of someone else. Why should he?

He doesn't have to

All I'm saying is, we know Perryman would ideally like 36. He grew up a Collingwood supporter (Did Harrison?), Dane Swan was his hero. He literally asked for 36 at GWS (A club Swan didn't play for) because he wanted Swan's number.

It's not like it's crazy to think Perryman may like 36 at Collingwood if it was an option that 's open to him

The AFL is the only sport in the world that genuinely believes in the romance of sport.

Players ask for and change numbers all the time

Josh knocked back 35 and took 26. Then when 7 became available took 7
Jamie Elliott has had like 3 or 4 numbers. Started with 35, then went to 19, then went to 5
Maynard took 4 as soon as it became available because he had that number as a kid

All I'm saying is, I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the Club approaches Harvey to enquire about whether he minds handing over the 36

Doesn't mean he will. Doesn't mean he should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction PLAYER JUMPER NUMBERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back