Player X or Player Y (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The previous thread has now reached beyong 1000 posts.

Continue here...

Swan v Ablett:rolleyes:;)

hmm probably neither for me. but if you really wana pick one i would go swan. he will play 22. gary probably wont. your not going to trade either so it doesnt matter if they lose money or whatever. the only thing you care about is who will have scored your team more points by the end of the year- and i think that will be swan.

harbrow + hunt
v
dempsy + kenelly (plus 30k for improving rookies)

cheers!

Probably Kornes only just. Lids sometimes suffers when tagged. Kornes is so durable and a nice price.

Franklin and Banner
or
Ziebell and Trengove

Thats a tough one it's hard to gauge how Hawthorn are going to go this year, if they do return to the form of 2008 I'd go Franklin and Banner. But as of yet I've seen nothing that suggests that they will so for me Ziebell and Trengove.

Adcock or H.Shaw?

Thats a tough one it's hard to gauge how Hawthorn are going to go this year, if they do return to the form of 2008 I'd go Franklin and Banner. But as of yet I've seen nothing that suggests that they will so for me Ziebell and Trengove.

Adcock or H.Shaw?

I would be more inclined to go with Heath Shaw, I think if he can break the tag this year, he will return to his best. I found last year that Adcock can be very frustrating to have in your team. Shaw has been ripping the pre-season up and looks set for a big year if he can stay on the park.

Tippet, Gray or Hall... Last Decision!

The extra 40k will go towards upgrading a few reserves... (4th Ruck, Pods to Gumby)

I have both Gray and Hall.
I feel pretty confident about Gray, Hall i have been toying with switching to someone cheaper. I do think Gumby is good to go, more so than Pods, but i would choose Gray + Pods over Hall + Gumby, if that answers your question.

Last spot in my team:

Best Defender between $365,100 and $392,700

Options:

Duffield, Grimes, Gilbert, Bock, Broughton, Scotland, R. Sahw, Carrazzo, Kelly, Adcock, H. Shaw, A. Mackie.

Picking Duffield will give me exactly $0 left in my cap. I thought it might be fate, but i doubt his ability to improve on that 89 average...

I hate asking, but what are peoples thoughts? Upside is my goal.

Swan and D.Mackay
vs.
Stanton and Lewis

This is my main problem, Stanton might cop a tag but is a proven performer and Lewis looks like he may lift his average to 95+

You know you will get 110+ from Swanny a great captian choice and Mackay is on the incline and could average 80-85+ and provide good value.

I wont say which option ive chosen, Id like to think what others think

I have both Gray and Hall.
I feel pretty confident about Gray, Hall i have been toying with switching to someone cheaper. I do think Gumby is good to go, more so than Pods, but i would choose Gray + Pods over Hall + Gumby, if that answers your question.

Last spot in my team:

Best Defender between $365,100 and $392,700

Options:

Duffield, Grimes, Gilbert, Bock, Broughton, Scotland, R. Sahw, Carrazzo, Kelly, Adcock, H. Shaw, A. Mackie.

Picking Duffield will give me exactly $0 left in my cap. I thought it might be fate, but i doubt his ability to improve on that 89 average...

I hate asking, but what are peoples thoughts? Upside is my goal.

I am punting on Kelly. Last year he was overcoming early season injuries. I think he has real upside as a part of Cats back/mid structure. And he is a touch unique.

Waters 152 V Nason 89 fir the back bench?

I would not be going with Shaw, so far he doesn't look to have much upside. So out of the others proberly Hardgrave and Grimes although Grimes is very injury prone so it is a bit of a risk but he has alot of upside. If he doesn't get injured I would expect at least an average of 95 and mabey more. Although if injury worries you then I wouldn't hesitate on Duffiled he is a solid pick, relativly unique and should imporve, he is also realativly consistant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladson & Hunt. Waters is waaaay to risky upon researching.

And as for Grimes & Hargrave, one is injury prone. One is overpriced. Hargrave might not explode on the same level, he'll be a good pick, but if you wan't value he's not your man.

Ladson & Hunt. Waters is waaaay to risky upon researching.

And as for Grimes & Hargrave, one is injury prone. One is overpriced. Hargrave might not explode on the same level, he'll be a good pick, but if you wan't value he's not your man.

I have to disagree on Hardgrave I think he is good value for his current price, I think he has a 5 mabey even 10 point improvement in him I can see him averaging 100, but i won't be saying why.

Why is that. He won't average 10 more than last year? Hargrave might even start playing a more defensive role. There are better options. Last year he had amazing value, this year he is priced very highly.

As I said I wont say why,But I think that this is what will happen, Also I said he would average +5, with the potentional for +10, and that I could see him averaging +10, not that he would average +10.

swan, shuey/banner, gram

brad green, stanton, kennelly

-what do you think their averages will be like?
im thinking my original option (1) because i dont like kennelly (as a DT'er that is!)

Okay. Thats your opinion. But I don't see his role changing enough for him to be a 100+ppg scorer.

swan, shuey/banner & gram for mine - additional benefit of swan x 2

although really depends on the overall makeup of your mids

grimes & banner
or
harbrow & scully

leaning harbrow & scully due to injury risk + job security issues respectively with the former...

I have to disagree on Hardgrave I think he is good value for his current price, I think he has a 5 mabey even 10 point improvement in him I can see him averaging 100, but i won't be saying why.

Sorry to be the fun police but it's Hargrave. Just annoys me.

No way will Hargrave average 100. What are you basing it on? (oh you can't say :cool:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back