Player X or Player Y (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cornes has a higher average and is very durable.

Giansiracusa v Pavlich?

id go gia.
better value, more likley to get a run through the mid field and playing for a better team.
There will be oportunities to pick up pav during the year freo will get belted at some stage and he will have some quiet ones, pav will drop in value so you can pick him up then if you really want. Gia will be more consistant imo

Cornes has a higher average and is very durable.

Giansiracusa v Pavlich?
I would go Gia as well, Plus gia has shown plenty in the PS, while pavlich has shown moot

Mastern + Ziebell

Trengrove + O Keefe (this would mean starting 3 mid rookies)

I would go Gia as well, Plus gia has shown plenty in the PS, while pavlich has shown moot

Mastern + Ziebell

Trengrove + O Keefe (this would mean starting 3 mid rookies)

Definitely the second option for mine footycool. I think there is a question marks on the scotring ability on both Ziebell and Masten meaning they are unlikely keepers and not great cash cows.

Murphy, Gray, Bass (77K rookie for last ruck bench), Trengove

OR

Riewoldt, Tippett, Lobbe, Moles

Option 2 allows DP advantage with Tippett and Lobbe but brings in Moles for Tregove and I think that may be too risky as although he looks good it will be hard to break into Dogs line up.

Whoops there was one more player involved;

Bartel Murphy, Gray, Bass (77K rookie for last ruck bench), Trengove

OR

Lewis Riewoldt, Tippett, Lobbe, Moles

Option 2 allows DP advantage with Tippett and Lobbe but brings in Moles for Tregove and I think that may be too risky as although he looks good it will be hard to break into Dogs line up.

Whoops there was one more player involved;

Bartel Murphy, Gray, Bass (77K rookie for last ruck bench), Trengove

OR

Lewis Riewoldt, Tippett, Lobbe, Moles

Hmm. The Tippet/Lobbe combo might tip me that way overall. If you are unsure about Moles, maybe drop Lewis for Jobe Watson, which pushes the amount you can spend on the rookie up the around where you could afford someone like Bastinac? I don't trust Murphy to keep fit, so I think overall I would be more confident in a Watson/Riewoldt pair than a Bartel/Murphy pair. So... yeah, I think option 2 but with a bit of tweaking might be your beter option.

I'm currently tossing up with this conundrum.

Starting with Franklin and Shuey, with Bastinac on the bench

or

Starting with ??? and Trengove, with Shuey on the bench.

The ??? would be a Ziebell, Douglas or Medhurst... or I could drop down to Dangerfield and keep some money spare because at the moment either of those options basically ends up with all bar $100 of my cap being spent.

Option A i think...although the 2nd option has merit I just think having Buddy vs a Ziebell is too great a difference...in comparison to say Shuey v Trengove which is practically a flip of a coin.

Mine is Gibbs v Pendles... I'm looking at who's more likely to improve. I just wonder with Ball in, is Pendles gonna be +/- this year? Same deal with Gibbs I guess with Juddy out for the first 3 and Murphy returning from injury.

EDIT: This would be to downgrade to Masten and upgrade Hille to Clark.

Hmm. The Tippet/Lobbe combo might tip me that way overall. If you are unsure about Moles, maybe drop Lewis for Jobe Watson, which pushes the amount you can spend on the rookie up the around where you could afford someone like Bastinac? I don't trust Murphy to keep fit, so I think overall I would be more confident in a Watson/Riewoldt pair than a Bartel/Murphy pair. So... yeah, I think option 2 but with a bit of tweaking might be your beter option.

or

The ??? would be a Ziebell, Douglas or Medhurst... or I could drop down to Dangerfield and keep some money spare because at the moment either of those options basically ends up with all bar $100 of my cap being spent.

imo option 2 with zeibell.....dont worry about salary cap, its not that big of a deal!!! and ud want shuey on your bench till u see him in coupla real game....

bitta help man, :)

Hargrave and Ball OR Harbrow and Mitchell

thx hypes!!

or

First option. Buddys price will rise and will be easier to upgrade if you do want to get a premium further down the track.

Not sure if this ones been done but simple matter of Sandilands v Clark

Sandi ave. 79.3 Clark ave 85.5 over the pre season. Very similar price.
Who will have the higher ave at years end?

I've avoided this conundrum by going with both of them. I can't really split them. The only real difference is that Clark has more competition in the team, while Sandilands is basically going to ruck all the time... Clark will do more around the ground to make up for it, though, so I think they are both very good options and there is no real way to predict one will do noticeably better than the other this season.

First option. Buddys price will rise and will be easier to upgrade if you do want to get a premium further down the track.

Sandilands as Clark has Leuy and Charman to take points away from him where as Sandi has no one.

Riewoldt/Hargrave or Lockyer/Goddard

Sandilands as Clark has Leuy and Charman to take points away from him where as Sandi has no one.

Riewoldt/Hargrave or Lockyer/Goddard

Hard to seperate them but i edge twards Roo and Hargrave mainly cos I have a sneaking suspicion that Lockyer has more than peaked.

Harvey and Ballantyne

OR

Murphy and Hall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those players for me are no-go's, Harvey is past it but he may have those big games. Ballantyne is an unknown, but just too risky for me. Murphy is an underated pick however he will probably get tagged and Hall well, he may have a cracking season but he may not, another risky player. If I had to pick one it would be the second combination but i would seriously think of say, Selwood and Dangerfield instead.

None above so heres mine:

Duffield/Bock/Hargrave/Gram/Broughton

Need one as my last Premium Back

Gram is the best imo. Duffield second followed by Hargrave then Broughton then Bock. Gram is playing on the wing this year and will continue to average around 90-95. Duffield plays for Freo, but still racks up heaps of the ball. You need to rely on Hargrave and Broughton to get cheap marks and kicks in the back line for them to get their points. Bock I never really like as a dt option. Don't think he had a full-pre-season and he plays on the best forwards in the game which may cause his scores to be inconsistant.

Boyd + Gray + Dangerfield

or

Trengove (3 rookie mids) + SJ/Goodes + J.Brown

or

Trengove (3 rookie mids) + Chapman + Gray

None above so heres mine:

Duffield/Bock/Hargrave/Gram/Broughton

Need one as my last Premium Back
Duffield-Think he can imporve again of last year and mabey average 95, plus he is Unique.good choice.
Bock-not to keen on, has had an interupted pre-season.
Hargrave-Most people think he will average the same, but I can see a 5-10 point increase, personaly I would be going with beacuse even if he doesn't improve he is still gonna average you 93 again.
Gram-Can see a 5 point improvement in him looks like he will play only in the midfield, plus his disposal has looked better over the Nab cup.
Broughton-Is unlikely to slid in price so will either improve or average the same, should be a realitivly solid pick, has performed well in Nab cup.
In the end ranking them in order i would say Hargrave, duffiled, Gram, Broughton, Bock

Gram is the best imo. Duffield second followed by Hargrave then Broughton then Bock. Gram is playing on the wing this year and will continue to average around 90-95. Duffield plays for Freo, but still racks up heaps of the ball. You need to rely on Hargrave and Broughton to get cheap marks and kicks in the back line for them to get their points. Bock I never really like as a dt option. Don't think he had a full-pre-season and he plays on the best forwards in the game which may cause his scores to be inconsistant.

Duffield-Think he can imporve again of last year and mabey average 95, plus he is Unique.good choice.
Bock-not to keen on, has had an interupted pre-season.
Hargrave-Most people think he will average the same, but I can see a 5-10 point increase, personaly I would be going with beacuse even if he doesn't improve he is still gonna average you 93 again.
Gram-Can see a 5 point improvement in him looks like he will play only in the midfield, plus his disposal has looked better over the Nab cup.
Broughton-Is unlikely to slid in price so will either improve or average the same, should be a realitivly solid pick, has performed well in Nab cup.
In the end ranking them in order i would say Hargrave, duffiled, Gram, Broughton, Bock
If only I could afford Goddard would make the choice so much easier:(

would go duffield got him in my team too was debating him or gram

my question is for a starting midfield role

mitch robinson vs sidebottom?

also if you could help me out here

ablett/swan + cooney with hille as second ruck or sam mitchell + cooney with tippet as ruck?

cheers guys

would go duffield got him in my team too was debating him or gram

my question is for a starting midfield role

mitch robinson vs sidebottom?

also if you could help me out here

ablett/swan + cooney with hille as second ruck or sam mitchell + cooney with tippet as ruck?

cheers guys

The first one. People are really underrating Hille. He will be this years McIntosh.

Ball + J.Brown

or

Boyd + Gray

The first one. People are really underrating Hille. He will be this years McIntosh.

Ball + J.Brown

or

Boyd + Gray

Thats a hard one. I like both Boyd and Ball, though don't like the look of J.Brown or Gray.
Ball looks set to improve a lot, though Brown is normally a slow starter, so you might be able to pick him up for a bit cheaper early on.
You know what you will get with Boyd, nice and consistent and will most likely average around the 100-105 mark which is good. Gray on the other hand, I'm not too sure on, could average anywhere from 75-90 with his move into the midfield.

Overall, I would pick Boyd + Gray, as I believe Boyd will be a good unique pick and Gray looks like he can push his average up a bit and become a keeper.

Now for my dilemma:
Gram/Duffield + Franklin vs Mackie + Higgins

cheers houli, vp would personally go for dufffield franklin have them two in my team

sorry wat about mitch robinson vs sidebottom

Mine is Gibbs v Pendles... I'm looking at who's more likely to improve. I just wonder with Ball in, is Pendles gonna be +/- this year? Same deal with Gibbs I guess with Juddy out for the first 3 and Murphy returning from injury.

EDIT: This would be to downgrade to Masten and upgrade Hille to Clark.
Sorry got missed.

To the above Robinson although neither are really my cup of tea.

Mitch Clark vs Aaron Sandilands?

Probably the two best ruck choices at this point.

Sandilands has a proven position, no competition and has excellent durability history but I think last year was as good as he will give. Clark has upside, remember his average is below what he was putting up last once he became the ruckman. The worry is how will Leuenberger and Charman affect his scoring. Also prior to last year he has been ravaged by injuries.

I personally went Sandi but I can see the case for Clark from memory he scored as many points as anyone from round 14 on last year.

I think both are good safe options as your top ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back