Player X or Player Y (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading Maguire out of the backline for a fallen premium....quesion is

Chad Cornes or Ryan Hargrave???

Trading Maguire out of the backline for a fallen premium....quesion is

Chad Cornes or Ryan Hargrave???

Id go hargrave. I think the game has passed cornes imo if i were youd id wait till next week to make sure hargrave really is heading back to the top. Any man and his dog could of racked up a decent score playing in the doggies defence last week with the way stkilda were playing. But yeh i rekon hargrave is the go out of those two. He is at a great price!

hayes vs selwood vs gibbs vs swan

who should i get this week?

It depends on who your side you currently have. A few points noting on each of these guys.
Hayes: Undervalued, but not for much longer. More of a SCer, but he tackles hard and as a value option, for a guy who'll rise in price due to an early drop he's worth it imo. Upgrade to him this week or never.

Selwood: We know he's a gun and his price is ridiculously tempting, but how seriously can you take his score last week? That may require more looking into.

Gibbs: Change of role and lack of Judd. He'll score well all year and I wouldn't hesitate in picking him tbh.

Swan: Can't say he'll drop a whole LOT more, but either way considering he is a long way below the hefty 520k price tag he had in round 1, you'd pick him as a super-premium. If you have the cash to go to him (by that I mean, it doesn't ruin any trades you plan to make down the track by going to someone like Hayes and saving money) and you need to upgrade this week, go for him.

Backline upgrade coming this week.

Scotland or Carazzo?

Duffield or Broughton?

Perhaps Gilbert or Hargrave or HShaw... so many choices.

I already have Goddard, Enright, Hodge and Harbrow..

Backline upgrade coming this week.

Scotland or Carazzo?

Duffield or Broughton?

Perhaps Gilbert or Hargrave or HShaw... so many choices.

I already have Goddard, Enright, Hodge and Harbrow..

Gilbert if you have the cash, Hargrave if you dont (or if you want to save a bit)

Can you tell more about Fyfe...?

Which is better the better option

Downgrade Lecras to Fyfe or downgrade Dangerfield to Fyfe

Lecras is worth $278,00 and is in my starting line up with gumbleton and dangerfield on the bench.

Dangerfield is worth $228,700 and is injured sitting on my bench.

Currently have $53,500 looking to upgrade Martin or jetta in my midfield after they have gone up in value.

Downgrading Lecras means i can get a midfielder worth around $445K, but means fyfe or gumbleton will be in my starting line up

any advice appreciated

Gilbert if you have the cash, Hargrave if you dont (or if you want to save a bit)

Can you tell more about Fyfe...?

I have 175k in the bank and 18 trades. If I go Ladson to Hargrave I could possibly go Ziebell to Didak, SJ in the same week.. I haven't added the numbers up completely, but off the top of my head it seems possible. I do like the idea of Gilbert though. Argh, tough decision.

In the DT world, Fyfe won't get a lot of the ball but he really is fantastic overhead. He is good for a few marks and looks to be handy around goals. He reads the play well and when he does kick it, it's probably going to be in scoring range. I can't see him handballing often.

With Headlands surgery, Fyfe seems like the obvious choice to fill Dessies role. Des didn't get a lot of the ball, but he is surprising good overhead, can stick a tackle and kicks goals. Fyfe looks pretty similar.

The only issue with him will be when Freo play some tough opposition, he has only played WC and Rich and hasn't shown a great ability to rack up those cheap possies us DT'ers love. Also, he is a really light body, I can see Harvey resting him at some point.

Hey Cosmo,

I have exactly the same situation as you.

I have exactly the same mids as you (and same subs) and have the same trades and about 10K more cash.

I was thinking Bastinac --> Swan. Hayes/Kornes are guns, but Swan is the gun.

What do other people think? Should you save $50K in lieu of getting Swan? Is he worth the extra money.

I reckon he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Cosmo,

I have exactly the same situation as you.

I have exactly the same mids as you (and same subs) and have the same trades and about 10K more cash.

I was thinking Bastinac --> Swan. Hayes/Kornes are guns, but Swan is the gun.

What do other people think? Should you save $50K in lieu of getting Swan? Is he worth the extra money.

I reckon he is.

Of course. Get him while you can. But Hayes, Kornes etc. are good options as they are cheaper and have been consistent keepers for years.

Gilbee or James Kelly?

I'd go Gilbee presonally but he will have some huge scores and much quieter games as well.

I'm tossing up between Didak, Stevie J or Jonathan Brown.

Current forward line is:

ROK, Gia, Higgins, Goodes, Mayne, Pods, Gumby (Danger, Rockliff)

Need to get 1 more premium in so downgrading Danger to Fyf and upgrading Mayne. Pods and Gumby have much more money to make. Thoughts?

Brown or Didak, personally I'd go Brown

looking to upgrade Martin either this week (Montagna) or next week (Swan)

current midfield is:
Ablett, Bartel, Gibbs, Barlow, Trengove, Martin (Shuey, Banner)

i'll be left with no bench cover but Shuey should be back soon, and if Banner doesnt get any gametime i'll downgrade him at some point. Not trading for a couple of weeks after this

Swan or Montagna?

Brown or Didak, personally I'd go Brown

looking to upgrade Martin either this week (Montagna) or next week (Swan)

current midfield is:
Ablett, Bartel, Gibbs, Barlow, Trengove, Martin (Shuey, Banner)

i'll be left with no bench cover but Shuey should be back soon, and if Banner doesnt get any gametime i'll downgrade him at some point. Not trading for a couple of weeks after this

Swan or Montagna?

why would you upgrade martin this week?

surely neither Montag/Swan will rise more in value than Martin.

Either way they will both be cheaper next week after Martins next rise, epsecially considering he has that 80 in his average now.

srv23: How about Pavlich?

I can afford Pav - but if I get one of the other 3 I will leave myself about 100k in the bank to facilitate an upgrade in the next week or 2. I have a couple of ideas in mind. Pav over Johnson, Didak or Brown will cost an extra 30k. Do you think Pav is so much a better option over the other 3 when getting one of the other 3 will allow me to do another upgrade without doing another trade?

I can afford Pav - but if I get one of the other 3 I will leave myself about 100k in the bank to facilitate an upgrade in the next week or 2. I have a couple of ideas in mind. Pav over Johnson, Didak or Brown will cost an extra 30k. Do you think Pav is so much a better option over the other 3 when getting one of the other 3 will allow me to do another upgrade without doing another trade?

Yeah good point. I'm no expert so take my advice with a grain of salt, but Pavlich has been more consistent that the other 3......which is probably why he's 30k dearer.

If you want to save that 30k, I would go for Brown.

Jarrad Grant or Nat Fyfe?

TBO the biggest issue with these two guys would probably be job security.

def go fyfe over grant...

having trouble picking my forward premium to trade in and when...

didak v johnson

or do you think bobby murphy can hold a 85+ average for the rest of the season??

def go fyfe over grant...

having trouble picking my forward premium to trade in and when...

didak v johnson

or do you think bobby murphy can hold a 85+ average for the rest of the season??

I don't think you can go wrong with either Johnson or Didak.

If you want slightly more consistency, go with Didak, as he runs through the middle.

On the other hand Johnson is more likely to kick bigger bags of goals, as he plays closer to goal, but this can affect his consistency.

Forget about Murphy.

My dilemma is who to cut: Hall or Ziebell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back