players not attending club b and f's

Remove this Banner Ad

I would guess if your a contracted player there would be a section that requires attendance to club functions, local level player contracts have this in them. Very odd that all those guys from Collingwood decided on their own they weren't going, one would have to be drinking the kool-aid to believe thats the case.

There would be a whole bunch of reasons for players perhaps not wanting to attend a B&F - especially if they were looking to leave but you'd hope the club wouldn't discourage them. The B&F should be a celebration for the season and even if that player is going to wear other colours the next year, they still contributed to the current year and team's performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfft, a large number of Melbourne footballers were denied entry to the B & F as it was deemed "Not in the spirit of the awards" with their attendance.

Al Clarkson paid tribute to Buddy at the Crimmins Medal Count and the club showed of highlights package of Buddy's work in Brown and Gold.

Class act by Clarkson and the Hawks.

Mumford was the hit at the Swans B&F too. He was getting rowdy when I left, well after the end of the dinner, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was moved on from the private team gathering afterwards.

Are you serious? It can be whatever you want it to be...like most things.

You want to have a drink...knock yourself out.

It's a celebration of the year mate and the hard work out put in by all. It's a chance for all the partners to come along and be a part of the night with the players in a formal setting.

You want to call it a w ank fest...go for it but that really is sour puss thinking IMO.

I have been to a couple B&F but I just don't see the point. If it's for celebration but there's better options out there.

Unless it's an Akermanis at Brisbane in 2006 type situation, where you think 'There's absolutely no way he can go along to that,' I think the player is always better off sucking it up and going along. As a fringe benefit, the relatively simple act of showing up will probably generate a lot more goodwill towards the player from his former club's supporters than he would receive otherwise.

Well its a piss poor way to leave a club.
Theres a right way and a wrong way.
Buddy/Chappy = right way
Gunston = wrong way
Ignore him, I've learnt to, I would've thought someone in the media would know better than to troll people (me) any chance they get. It's partly the reason I limit talking on this board.

Ignore him, I've learnt to, I would've thought someone in the media would know better than to troll people (me) any chance they get. It's partly the reason I limit talking on this board.

Haha yeah but its actually a common opinion thats the problem.
They dont realise that he left to see his family with "every intention of staying on" and then from the moment he left wouldnt even discuss contracts and just said trade me to Hawthorn. He didnt even tell his teammates, they found out through the grape vine.

Remove this Banner Ad

players not attending club b and f's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back