Team Mgmt. Players on the comeback trail

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah - I like Dempsey also - just hope he doesnt do another knee! From all reports he is having a good pre-season so far :)

Aside from Long who i've never really seen, i expect to see all of the above come in and have an impact as the season unfolds....

I have a gut feel that Gumby will have a good year after a very conservative approach last season, and i could see Prismall playing some good footy in the second half of the year also.

Lonergan surprised many last season (not me tbh), and will no doubt do the same again to the hoards of people who still seem to think he's not quite up to it.

Both Dempsey and Winders showed plenty of signs in the first month that they were playing smarter footy than they had the year before (that's not hard in Courtney's case :D), so i'm also hopeful that their knees allow them to cut the lines again in 2012.

Long delisted and Gumby back surgery & will miss a big chunk of pre-season.
Looks like these two wont be making an impact anytime soon!

Bumping an old thread...

Where's Prismal at? I know he played one game for Bendigo then missed the next...will we see him this year? Could he be one of the 7 resignings or unlikely?

Would have loved to see him break into the side in the second half, he was really turning the corner before his second knee reco regarding his inside ability and kicking.

Have to agree, players never return as powerful as they were prior.

Knee injury pretty much ended Luke Darcy's career.
Malceski and Rodan are on and off the park after several knee injuries.
Modra never returned to his best once he returned (although he did kick 70+ during one season with Freo)
Hille is arguably less dominant now after his 2009 injury.

List goes on and on....
Dempsey has arguably improved

Not named for Bendigo this week.

Don't think we will see him this year...he is out of contract, could be doubtful that he will be at the Bombers next year. Although we gave him a one year deal and injury has ruined his year, will he get another year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back