Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship 2024 - Raffling off jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I'd post this here. The Nic Martin jumper mailed to me, never arrived. I have been in contact with AusPost with both sending and receiving ends, and there is no record at all on their system. I am at a loss, and sure it will not make its way to my house. Perhaps people would be OK with me calling dibs on next year's jumper?

I thought I'd post this here. The Nic Martin jumper mailed to me, never arrived. I have been in contact with AusPost with both sending and receiving ends, and there is no record at all on their system. I am at a loss, and sure it will not make its way to my house. Perhaps people would be OK with me calling dibs on next year's jumper?
eth-dog I'm assuming you've already sent it?

eth-dog I'm assuming you've already sent it?
Yeah we've been over this. Wasn't returned to me. No record in the post office. The other Guernsey got there so I have no idea what happened.

Yeah we've been over this. Wasn't returned to me. No record in the post office. The other Guernsey got there so I have no idea what happened.
First time I've heard about it mate.

Did we have tracking numbers or anything?

If I can show the club Australia Post cooked it I might be able to swing a replacement.

If I can show the club Australia Post cooked it I might be able to swing a replacement.
I meant with Duckworth sorry.

I sent the packages before Easter and received no word from AusPost about it not arriving so assumed that they were all good and either threw out the receipt or misplaced it but either way I can't find it again. Called them when he informed me about it but couldn't get through without the tracking. Went to the office and they couldn't find it or give me a replacement receipt (still not sure why) and I have no idea what else I can do at this point.

Mine only arrived yesterday so perhaps the other is in transit if they went out together at the same time.

Apologies I missed round 8

Good morning all,

I hope that you all had a great weekend!

Saturday night is exactly what we expected from West Coast in their own back yard. We had moments when we were on top of the game and not able to put them away and to their credit, they stuck with us.

Our young group has taken a step forward in their maturity. At round eight, we’ve played four games interstate and the hostile environment at Optus Stadium and the run of play is going against you need our leaders to stand up and take control.

This season their had been a emphasis on the players produce tackling pressure inside 50, it was no different on Saturday night with 14 tackles (2024 season average 11/ The players all commented post-game that it was a hot contest all night and West Coast’s pressure was at a high level all night.

Jye Caldwell’s substitution was a precautionary decision for calf tightness. He is an extremely important player for us and given we had a like for like player in Ben Hobbs as the sub, we made the call as a precautionary. Indications are he will be no problem next week against his old side.

A milestone for Todd Goldstein over the weekend, being the first player to hit 10,000 career hit outs on Saturday night. This is a very special milestone for Todd and it is a great lesson for younger players in the team, to learn from his professionalism and standards that he drives.

Our midfield group were challenged throughout the game by the opposition, once again our leader in Zach Merrett stood up and lead by the front with 29 disposals, 3 goals and 437 metres gained.

The backline stood tall under pressure from the Eagles in the final quarter. The game was in the balance and the back six kept composure, led by Nic Martin off half-back (32 disposals, 97% game time and 630 metres gained) and Ben McKay (18 disposals, seven marks).

This week is an incredibly important week for our footy club celebrating the Challenge game and supporting Kids with Cancer. We’re excited to bring this to life this week and will welcome Adam Ramanauskas back to Essendon.

A quick note around our Mid season BBQ, we will be aiming to have this around the Rnd 16 clash. Will have further details to come to you in the next few weeks on this event.

If you need anything at all in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Many thanks,

Charters Harding

Good afternoon all,

I hope that you have all had a great week so far.

Last weekend’s game against GWS was looking shaky early on and GWS were at the top of their game leading quarter time by three goals. But Saturday night was a good step forward for our group in terms of maturity that one, we didn't panic, and two, we were able to address what wasn't working for us. GWS are certainly a strong outfit and this have us an opportunity to test our system that we have been working towards. The ability for our boys to compete in the contest was what brought us back into the game.

Marvel stadium had an electric feeling to it on Saturday, breaking the record for attendance between both sides with 37,000 fans in attendance.

Our defence is playing a very cohesive style of footy. Since Gather Round, we have conceded an average of just 72 points per game over that stretch, with none of their five opponents cracking a score higher than 85. Fronted up by Ben McKay (nine marks), the Bombers’ defensive unit conceded just three goals after the main break on Saturday, looking as steady as they have all season. Jayden Laverde produced a season-best display with 11 marks, Nik Cox was ranked second on the ground for pressure acts with 27, and Andrew McGrath continued his stellar start to the year with 24 touches at 96 per cent efficiency.

Mason Redman and Nic Martin combined for a whopping 1,081 metres gained on the weekend. Redman registered 12 marks, nine intercepts, three rebounds, three inside 50’s and a trademark long-range goal from his 26 touches on Saturday, back to his best charging out of defence. Aided by a terrific four-goal effort by Kyle Langford, Matt Guelfi heaped on the pressure to finish with 14 pressure acts, six tackles and three goals, reminding Bomber fans why he's been so missed after an injury-interrupted opening to his campaign.

It was a really good test for us on Saturday night, but the tests just keep on coming. The competition is so tight and its wide open and if you’re slightly below your best it will hurt.

Our focus is now on North Melbourne this Sunday afternoon and hopefully another big crowd. The challenge of elite sport is to focus on what you can control regardless of what the pressure is that always exists in footy. If we get that right on the day the end result will look pretty good.

Go Bombers!

Charters Harding

Good morning Player Sponsors,

I trust this email finds you well.

Last weekends Dreamtime game marked twenty years since Michael Long walked to Canberra to seek a better social outcome for the Indigenous community. He was back at the MCG on Saturday night leading the march that has become a prelude to the Essendon-Richmond Dreamtime at the ‘G clash. Long issued an open invitation to every AFL club to take part in The Long Walk next year and beyond, saying the fight for a better and fairer Australia remains as important as ever. It capped off a terrific fortnight celebrating the impact of indigenous players, coaches, staff on our game.

Richmond rose to the occasion on Saturday night and played with a style that more reminiscent of their successful period. The conditions suited that surge forward style that Richmond play, and it challenged us throughout the game. We took a while to adapt to the slippery conditions, overusing the ball early in the game. We were trying to find the balance with our ball movement all night. It was really pleasing to finish the game with another win and felt that as the game went on it looked more like the way we wanted to play. The final few minutes gives us another opportunity to review and improve.

The AFL competition is so close, it makes it difficult to compete week to week. One result doesn’t mean the next week will look the same, and that’s the nature of the competition this year. We weren’t perfect but our effort in the contest was still good. We’re winning in an arm wrestle which is pleasing to the group. We’ve been really pleased in our willingness to stay in the contest and embrace the struggle and not just hope and load up on the scoreboard. We’ve got to continue to get better because we’ve put ourselves in a good position, but we’ve got so much room for improvement still.

The centre bounce work is more important then it has ever been, we haven’t been on top in this area in the last few weeks. Pleasingly from being on the back foot, we have been able to resurrect it and get the game back on our terms. We talk a lot about sustainable footy and we need to focus on our centre bounce/clearance work to be successful long term. We’re confident because across the course of the year, stoppage work has been our strength.

Jordan Ridley made a very strong return, he has been ready for a couple of weeks, but the way he played tonight you can see why we wanted to make sure that he's absolutely right.

On Nate Caddy’s debut, it is a general statement. But he looked like a an AFL Player. It’s a big gap from VFL football and Dreamtime at the G and he wasn’t overwelled by the situation. His competitiveness and his athleticism is what makes him the player he is and is it great to see him play his first game in the AFL.

A quick note on Nik Cox, his scans has pleasingly shown that there is not strain and that his symptoms should resolve fairly quickly.

Mid-season BBQ

We have locked in a date for the mid-season BBQ, we will be hosting this event at the Hangar on Wednesday 10th July. This event will be aligned with the teams training schedule, therefore this will run from mid morning until lunch time. Further details will be sent to you in the invitation that will go at the end of the week.

This event will be a great chance to watch the boys train from the Essendonian’s and hear from one of our coaches on their take of the 2024 season to date.

If you have any questions at all or need anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Many thanks,

Charters Harding

Business Development Executive

Good morning Player Sponsors,

I trust this email finds you well.

Last weekends Dreamtime game marked twenty years since Michael Long walked to Canberra to seek a better social outcome for the Indigenous community. He was back at the MCG on Saturday night leading the march that has become a prelude to the Essendon-Richmond Dreamtime at the ‘G clash. Long issued an open invitation to every AFL club to take part in The Long Walk next year and beyond, saying the fight for a better and fairer Australia remains as important as ever. It capped off a terrific fortnight celebrating the impact of indigenous players, coaches, staff on our game.

Richmond rose to the occasion on Saturday night and played with a style that more reminiscent of their successful period. The conditions suited that surge forward style that Richmond play, and it challenged us throughout the game. We took a while to adapt to the slippery conditions, overusing the ball early in the game. We were trying to find the balance with our ball movement all night. It was really pleasing to finish the game with another win and felt that as the game went on it looked more like the way we wanted to play. The final few minutes gives us another opportunity to review and improve.

The AFL competition is so close, it makes it difficult to compete week to week. One result doesn’t mean the next week will look the same, and that’s the nature of the competition this year. We weren’t perfect but our effort in the contest was still good. We’re winning in an arm wrestle which is pleasing to the group. We’ve been really pleased in our willingness to stay in the contest and embrace the struggle and not just hope and load up on the scoreboard. We’ve got to continue to get better because we’ve put ourselves in a good position, but we’ve got so much room for improvement still.

The centre bounce work is more important then it has ever been, we haven’t been on top in this area in the last few weeks. Pleasingly from being on the back foot, we have been able to resurrect it and get the game back on our terms. We talk a lot about sustainable footy and we need to focus on our centre bounce/clearance work to be successful long term. We’re confident because across the course of the year, stoppage work has been our strength.

Jordan Ridley made a very strong return, he has been ready for a couple of weeks, but the way he played tonight you can see why we wanted to make sure that he's absolutely right.

On Nate Caddy’s debut, it is a general statement. But he looked like a an AFL Player. It’s a big gap from VFL football and Dreamtime at the G and he wasn’t overwelled by the situation. His competitiveness and his athleticism is what makes him the player he is and is it great to see him play his first game in the AFL.

A quick note on Nik Cox, his scans has pleasingly shown that there is not strain and that his symptoms should resolve fairly quickly.

Mid-season BBQ

We have locked in a date for the mid-season BBQ, we will be hosting this event at the Hangar on Wednesday 10th July. This event will be aligned with the teams training schedule, therefore this will run from mid morning until lunch time. Further details will be sent to you in the invitation that will go at the end of the week.

This event will be a great chance to watch the boys train from the Essendonian’s and hear from one of our coaches on their take of the 2024 season to date.

If you have any questions at all or need anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Many thanks,

Charters Harding

Business Development Executive
bit shit to drop the midweek bbq!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you get your jumper in the end?
No nothing, I'm sorry to say. I checked in with Australia post a few times, and they have no record of it on their system even. All Express post deliveries get logged, and there isn't even a record of it (they showed me the screen). It's weird, as Ethan has said he had the receipt with the tracking number, but it's now been thrown out. I'm not sure what has happened, but I don't think it will be arriving now.

I missed all of this!

Your jumper somehow arrived at my place but it was signed by Zach Merrett instead Duckworth

I’ll arrange to have it sent out to you and will make sure I keep the tracking number.
lol. This is some crazy stuff. I greatly appreciate you letting me know.
Where'd we land with this? Clubs just let me know they're sending me a Martin replacement.

Where'd we land with this? Clubs just let me know they're sending me a Martin replacement.
Nicely done!

I was about to post it to Duckworth as I have a couple of them already so was happy to send one out.

If you have secured a replacement then there is no need?

Let me know

Nicely done!

I was about to post it to Duckworth as I have a couple of them already so was happy to send one out.

If you have secured a replacement then there is no need?

Let me know
I can flick it to him when it arrives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back