Players that are Tradeable

Remove this Banner Ad

bellzy

Cancelled
Aug 2, 2006
123 Fake Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So we know what we are looking for. We know some of the players available. But who are we willing to give up? Who do we want to give up?

My list of Tradee's for 2007 would be-

Leigh Brown- Excess to our needs. Never found consistant form, and never really found a roll to fit into. Would expect perhaps a late second rounder if we're lucky, due to talls being highly saught after, but wouldn't be suprised with a third or even fourth round pick.

David Hale- I'd personally hate to see him go. I'm deffinantly anti-trading him, but it must be said, every player has their price, and if the right offer came around, i'd hope the club would have a look at it. Would expect no less than an early first rounder in this years draft for him.

Brad Moran- As with Hale, I'd really hate to see him go, but like I said, every player has their price. There's a bright future ahead of B-Rad, and I'd love it to be with North, but if we were offered a late first, early second rounder for him, we'd really be crazy not to take it.

Jess Sinclair- Would prefer he stayed put, as I am a big fan of Sinker's, and he has improved his game a lot this year, but if a second rounder was offered, at 29, he's most at the tail end of his career.

David Trotter- Injury stricken, hard working player. Hasn't been able to get on the track, but has proven that when he does he really is a good player. Would possibly draw some attention from the ageing clubs, and may fetch a 3rd rounder or so. Otherwise hold onto him, and give him time.

Shannon Watt- Another one that would be better off keeping, as his trade value would most likely be low. Still a regular in the 22, and still playing some good games here and there, if nothing more than a late second, early third rounder was offered, keeping him would be much more viable than trading.

Untouchables-
Daniel Wells

Hamish McIntosh
Andrew Swallow

Daniel Pratt
Josh Gibson
Michael Firrito
Lachlan Hansen
Jess Smith
Nathan Thompson
Brent Harvey

If we got a 3rd rounder for Leigh Brown we'd take it and run. But he's under contract, so unless he wants to go, we're stuffed. People are deluding themselves if they think anything would be offered for Trotter. Other clubs aren't stupid. The guy has been on the list for 4 years, is injury prone and yet to fire a shot. Is lucky to still be here. Given the Brisbane Bears no longer exist and Sinclair is 30 next year that is a nothing more needed to add. Hale recently signed a contract extension and Moran is still learning the game. I doubt unless it's a specific trade for picks that we'll be at all active in trade week.

Easier to name the players that aren't tradeable.

McIntosh
Smith
Harvey
Grant

Harvey and Grant are at the tail end of their careers and have given the club great service. I believe that these type of players, like Archer, should never be traded. McIntosh and Smith are our best two young players and should be untouchable. I'd hate to see guys like Firrito, Wells, Gibson or Pratt get traded, but footy's a business and you have to give something of value to get value back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't trade Watt because we'd never get a worthwhile deal for him. His reputation outside of the club is not near his importance.

what would people's thoughts be on trading corey jones? i know he's just basically had a 50 goal season and been very good for us for a few years, but you've got to give quality to get quality and if he could be used to get a pure midfielder or young key position i would maybe consider it.

No, never. I'd neveer trade Corey Jones. I don't think we'd get quality either, North Melbourne players are very underrated.

No, never. I'd neveer trade Corey Jones. I don't think we'd get quality either, North Melbourne players are very underrated.

didn't essendon come out and say earlier this year, in their planning for the game gainst us they considered him to be our most important player? as i said i'd be reluctant, but if the right deal came up.

what would people's thoughts be on trading corey jones? i know he's just basically had a 50 goal season and been very good for us for a few years, but you've got to give quality to get quality and if he could be used to get a pure midfielder or young key position i would maybe consider it.

NO!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Players that are Tradeable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back