Players that must go for Carlton to succeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

PINNACLE HEALTH

All Australian
Feb 17, 2007
bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
It might seem very early to make this decision concidering the season proper hasn't even started yet but last nights preformance by certain players, produced even more evidence that they shouldn't play seniors this season and should've been let go several years ago, because the time has come if the Carlton football club is going to return it's glory days the coach and selection committee have to stop picking players just because their a good honest competitor or they may have a soft spot for them due to being a nice guy or good role model, because that does'nt cut it with any more.

Heath Scotland- Gathers the loose ball and gets most of his kicks half back, adds no point of difference, goodbye.

Simmon Wiggins- Lets be honest, can never question his endeavour and intentions but the bloke is just not up to it, he kicked 5 goals one game and it was highlighted as his best for the club ever, Fev used to kick 5 when he wasn't even interested or was in one of those moods, try hard , goodbye.

Brad Fisher- Sad to here about his knee injury but the club has persisted with Fisher far too long and has never delivered on a consistant basis, robinson is a similar palyer with added agression that Fisher lacks. Infact Brad can count his blessings his average AFL career has lasted thus far because at a top line club he would've been moved him on along time ago.

Brent Thornton- Another one of those nice players we seem to have alot of, probably been lucky over the past six or so years he really hasn't had much competition fighting for his spot, look to trade at end of year why he might be worth something if he holds up this year.

Brett Ratten- As much as i love the bloke and always thought he was very under rated from opposing clubs due to he lacked some flare, but appreciated what he did on the field week in week out, he's down a good job so far getting Carlton back on the map and getting some passion back to the club which it severley lacked.
Unfortunately Brett lacks what it takes to reach the ultimate and if the club is serious about achieving a premiership soon then it must target and employ some one with recent success, Leigh Mathews comes to mind concidering he is available and has the score on the board at two different clubs. If Mick Malthouse for some reason has a falling out with Collingwood once Buckley takes over and looks to go else,then he would be ideal aswell. Also i know Paul Roos has stated after this season when he hands the reins to Longmuire he doesn't intend on coaching ever again and would like to do something different in his life, but fact is we hear that all the time, so if he could be persuaded to the Blues that would be huge, apparently he was close to coming before we appointed Ratten.

I know what i've wrote above might seem abit harsh but im sick of the club rewarding mediorcrecy when football, like a business, is about success not friendships and its just a bonus the friends you make once successful.

Since when has Brett Ratten played a game for Carlton ???

I have to say it's pretty mean-spirited to make a call about Fisher, when he has just suffered an injury that is possibly season and career ending ...

Brent Thornton- Another one of those nice players we seem to have alot of, probably been lucky over the past six or so years he really hasn't had much competition fighting for his spot, look to trade at end of year why he might be worth something if he holds up this year.

I'll go this far:

I can understand an argument in your favour for Wiggins, Scotland and Fisher
I can even understand an argument against Ratten, for the sake of the exercise, but to announce that Thornton must go?

I don't know. Maybe I just shouldn't be here today.

Simmon Wiggins- Lets be honest, can never question his endeavour and intentions but the bloke is just not up to it, he kicked 5 goals one game and it was highlighted as his best for the club ever, Fev used to kick 5 when he wasn't even interested or was in one of those moods, try hard , goodbye

Give me a break. You're comparing every player to Fev now?

Wiggins has played some great roles across half-forward and half-back, at least he can hold his marks. There is still a spot in the team for someone as hard and commited as Wiggo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you for real?

Your'e starting to sound like our board! It was one NAB game, no need to ask for heads to roll right now. It was clear Ratten was playing around with structures - and who could blame him after the loss of Fevola.

The Blues had players out, and so did Sydeney. I know his name wasn't mentioned in this thread but a few were critical of Kreuzers game. Although he didn't have the best one, Ratten was playing him around with Warnock in the team. Just remember, you have a premier ruck/mid/forward with this kid. Only 2 other teams in my opinion have somebody similar to this (ESS- Ryder, WCE- Natanui).

Take a deep breath and sit down. At least wait until round 6 before you can make some sort of judgement :thumbsu:

Give me a break. You're comparing every player to Fev now?

Wiggins has played some great roles across half-forward and half-back, at least he can hold his marks. There is still a spot in the team for someone as hard and commited as Wiggo.
they did not let him get within 70m of the sticks I noticed

Cant believe threads like this are being made allready. :mad:

It is an NAB Cup game and we had a heap of absentees and the kids were out there having a go. Yes we got beat by 12pts against Sydney in NSW but there is so much overeaction on this board ATM it is laughable.

Why are some of our supporters so sceptical and feel the need to only post after losses digging the boots in to all and sundry.

FFS there was some positives to come out of last nights game as well with Yarran showing plenty, Bower growing in stature , Jamo getting through in fine form, Mitch was sparkling , Warnock had his first real hit out for over 12 months and showed good signs while Lucas was great in his first game and it is going to take time to adjust to not having Fev there.

Patience is needed and lets wait untill we get our best 22 out there for a few games and see how we are travelling then.

I think people have missed the point. The players nominated have been ordinary for a while. Particularly Fisher, injury aside he has played about 90 more games than his ability warrants.

As for Ratten, who is responsible for Jordan Russell kicking in ?? Not smart.

As for Ratten, who is responsible for Jordan Russell kicking in ?? Not smart.

He was doing it very well at the end of last season. In fact he was the most reliable player we had taking the kick-ins during the latter part of last season.

Personally I don't think it would have mattered who was taking the kick-ins last night. Our skills were that bad anyone of the players would have screwed it up.

Are you for real?

Your'e starting to sound like our board! It was one NAB game, no need to ask for heads to roll right now. It was clear Ratten was playing around with structures - and who could blame him after the loss of Fevola.

The Blues had players out, and so did Sydeney. I know his name wasn't mentioned in this thread but a few were critical of Kreuzers game. Although he didn't have the best one, Ratten was playing him around with Warnock in the team. Just remember, you have a premier ruck/mid/forward with this kid. Only 2 other teams in my opinion have somebody similar to this (ESS- Ryder, WCE- Natanui).

Take a deep breath and sit down. At least wait until round 6 before you can make some sort of judgement :thumbsu:

Fantastic post. See Blues, look how massively some of you are overreacting. A bloody Richmond supporter comes on here and makes more sense than half of you who are just posting knee-jerk reactions after one NAB cup game. Yes, we didn't play well, but it's also February. Calm down and let the season at least partially run it's course before typing such sh*t.

Personally I don't think it would have mattered who was taking the kick-ins last night. Our skills were that bad anyone of the players would have screwed it up.

Exactly.

Skills were bad across the park (back 6 largely excluded). Even Judd shanked a few kicks (one in particular was atrocious).

To summarize the game: Scrappy. I really don't think we could have played much worse. And we still only lost by a kick.

Add to that our three leading goal scorers from last night were all not playing, it was always going to be tough.

Lack of structure moving the ball was the real killer (and the real worrying sign).

I really struggled to see what the plan was going forward. Poor execution didn't help either.

Oh. And Bower - BOG for Carlton.

Are you for real?

Exactly :thumbsu:

Pity it takes an opposition supporter to point out the obvious.

It might seem very early to make this decision concidering the season proper hasn't even started yet but last nights preformance by certain players, produced even more evidence that they shouldn't play seniors this season and should've been let go several years ago, because the time has come if the Carlton football club is going to return it's glory days the coach and selection committee have to stop picking players just because their a good honest competitor or they may have a soft spot for them due to being a nice guy or good role model, because that does'nt cut it with any more.

Heath Scotland- Gathers the loose ball and gets most of his kicks half back, adds no point of difference, goodbye.

Simmon Wiggins- Lets be honest, can never question his endeavour and intentions but the bloke is just not up to it, he kicked 5 goals one game and it was highlighted as his best for the club ever, Fev used to kick 5 when he wasn't even interested or was in one of those moods, try hard , goodbye.

Brad Fisher- Sad to here about his knee injury but the club has persisted with Fisher far too long and has never delivered on a consistant basis, robinson is a similar palyer with added agression that Fisher lacks. Infact Brad can count his blessings his average AFL career has lasted thus far because at a top line club he would've been moved him on along time ago.

Brett Ratten- As much as i love the bloke and always thought he was very under rated from opposing clubs due to he lacked some flare, but appreciated what he did on the field week in week out, he's down a good job so far getting Carlton back on the map and getting some passion back to the club which it severley lacked.
Unfortunately Brett lacks what it takes to reach the ultimate and if the club is serious about achieving a premiership soon then it must target and employ some one with recent success, Leigh Mathews comes to mind concidering he is available and has the score on the board at two different clubs. If Mick Malthouse for some reason has a falling out with Collingwood once Buckley takes over and looks to go else,then he would be ideal aswell. Also i know Paul Roos has stated after this season when he hands the reins to Longmuire he doesn't intend on coaching ever again and would like to do something different in his life, but fact is we hear that all the time, so if he could be persuaded to the Blues that would be huge, apparently he was close to coming before we appointed Ratten.

I know what i've wrote above might seem abit harsh but im sick of the club rewarding mediorcrecy when football, like a business, is about success not friendships and its just a bonus the friends you make once successful.

U should never login again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back