Fact Players who never seem to kick goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Career fullbacks don't seem to kick too many goals? Revolutionary! ;)

How's about Travis Cloke? Earmarked as Collingwood's franchise powerforward, never seems to trouble the scorers.

Relatively early days, but a career season high of 40 (23 games, 2008) and a match-high of just 5 (2 occasions, 2008). Career goalkicking accuracy of under 50%, too.

current richmond players:
Nathan Foley
Angus Graham
Daniel Jackson
Jake king
Luke McGuane
Kelvin Moore
Chris Newman
Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
Adam Pattison
Andrew Raines
Will thursfield

current richmond players:
Nathan Foley
Angus Graham
Daniel Jackson
Jake king
Luke McGuane
Kelvin Moore
Chris Newman
Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
Adam Pattison
Andrew Raines
Will thursfield

22 goals in 84 games isnt great but its hardly never.... not to mention he nearly kicked goal of the year twice last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember from my footy cards in the 80s:

Rod Carter
Sydney Swans

Games: 293
Goals: 1

(also for the record, 1 behind for his career too).

Daniel Cross isnt known for kicking goals, let alone kicking. But has a very accurate boot when called upon.

Ben Hudson is a serial non-scorer, and WIll Minson has kicked around 30 goals in his "massive' career as a FF. Lake, Morris dont kick many.

Not sure about the threads title, players either kick them or they dont!
At Freo
Steven Dodd 98 games and 7 goals
Roger Hayden 102 games and 10 goals
dont kick too many
Anyone know who has currently played most games in the league without a goal??

Considering his role and the hype he gets, you'd think Alwyn Davey would kick more goals than he does.

Hmm. You mean defensive forward. Averages 0.9 goals a game. The player who plays the most similar role (and is far more hyped) Cyril Rioli averages 1.0 goals a game. Others such as Betts, Thomas are up ariound the 1.2/1.3 mark but they are well behind Davey and Rioli (4.3 and 4 respectively) on their tackles.

Hmm. You mean defensive forward. Averages 0.9 goals a game. The player who plays the most similar role (and is far more hyped) Cyril Rioli averages 1.0 goals a game. Others such as Betts, Thomas are up ariound the 1.2/1.3 mark but they are well behind Davey and Rioli (4.3 and 4 respectively) on their tackles.

It's quibling over terms, but I just see all of them as crumbing forwards, which is a role where the job description now requires increased defensive pressure compared to what it used to. I'm aware of Alwyn Davey's goals per game average, and I still think the only really "special" aspect of his game is his tackling ability. Rioli is overhyped here on Big Footy, but there is somewhat of a basis for it. By watching Cyril Rioli, he provides more than just goals and tackling, and myself and many others see him having more scope to move beyond the crumbing forward role and eventually play as a creative midfielder - like Leon Davis is now, but much better. For the hype that Davey has gotten, you'd think he'd been scoring 30-40 goals a season on top of his tackling numbers the last couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fact Players who never seem to kick goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back