Players who played there best game in a Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis Roberts Thompson (still annoyed he didn't get the Norm Smith- he was BOG by a mile!)
He was bog in the first half, 2nd half he went to his traditional average self. If he remained good he should have won it.

Brett Kirk in 2006, take him away and the Swans lose by 40. Played peak Judd to a draw, stepped up in the 2nd half and carried the team.

Nic Fosdike in 2005 (sorry, LRT did play a few other decent games.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which GF? His 17 possessions in the draw or his 20 in the replay?
Icke would have played a fair few better games than that. He won a B&F in 1981 at Melbourne.
Did he even get in the votes in either game?
I posted from memory and recalled watching him score a lot of goals off a half forward flank in a GF I thought was 77.
I am aware he followed Barassi to Melbourne and played some food footy largely as a centre half back as I recall. I will now have to google and confirm.

I posted from memory and recalled watching him score a lot of goals off a half forward flank in a GF I thought was 77.
I am aware he followed Barassi to Melbourne and played some food footy largely as a centre half back as I recall. I will now have to google and confirm.
Cool man,I think he kicked one goal over the two games. Snake Baker kicked maybe 6 in the draw. Arnold Briedas kicked a whole swag of behinds in the draw,maybe your thinking of one of those two.

If a lot of goals is 2, it must be 1976 as he didn't play in any other Grand Finals. He missed a lot in the 1977 replay though (1.4).

Kicked 5 in the SF v Richmond, could this be the match you had in mind?

Tony Evans 1992 - completely changed the momentum of that game in the second quarter.

Kicked 3 goals (should've kicked 4) and did the bulk of the roving work in the game, keeping the Eagles moving forward every time it looked like Geelong were getting back into it. Whilst the backs took care of Ablett & Brownless, and Matera finished it all off and deservedly won the Norm Smith, it was Evans' reading of the ball in tight that was telling. Ended up with the ball in his hand at the siren too.

But for his finals form, Evans had a relatively unremarkable career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players who played there best game in a Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back