Players You Love To Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Diver Lloyd.

Lol. OK, lets explore that shall we:

Lloyd

• averages 3.5 goals a game, with only 0.9 frees for a game.
  • Theoretically, if he kicks a goal from each of those "gift" frees he would get roughly 25% of his goals directly from frees.
  • Wow, a quarter of his goals directly from the umpires. No wonder you all hate him. No wonder he has kicked SO MANY GOALS. So many umpiring assists. There's your proof, he really is crap, just unfairly favoured, right?

Buddy (the goldern child, best player ever, right?)

• averages a lowly 2.7 goals a game ( :D ), and gets 0.8 frees for a game. That works out to be about 2 less frees for an entire season than Lloyd.
  • Theoretically, if Buddy kicks a goal from each of those frees he would get roughly 30% of his goals directly from frees.
Wait a second, is that right? Buddy gets a greater proportion of his goals from frees than Lloyd? :eek:

How is that possible? Is it actually possible that Buddy is a protected species and is far more favoured by the umpires than Lloyd. :eek:

Hmmmm I can see why you all hate Lloyd so much. :D

Lloyd

• Theoretically, if he kicks a goal from each of those "gift" frees he would get roughly 25% of his goals directly from frees.
  • Wow, a quarter of his goals directly from the umpires. No wonder you all hate him. No wonder he has kicked SO MANY GOALS. So many umpiring assists. There's your proof, he really is crap, just unfairly favoured, right?

• averages a lowly 2.7 goals a game ( :D ), and gets 0.8 frees for a game. That works out to be about 2 less frees for an entire season than Lloyd.
  • Theoretically, if Buddy kicks a goal from each of those frees he would get roughly 30% of his goals directly from frees.
Wait a second, is that right? Buddy gets a greater proportion of his goals from frees than Lloyd? :eek:

How is that possible? Is it actually possible that Buddy is a protected species and is far more favoured by the umpires than Lloyd. :eek:

There's a difference between getting frees and diving for frees. :thumbsu:

Everyone from the hawks side from the 80s, with the exception of dermie they all seemed to be made of stone to a skinny teenager as I was then, secretly wishing some of them were saints (and yeah we did pick up a few leftovers from the hawks along the way)

mew, ayres, barney, dipper, bunghole, the rat.

ablett snr, you just wanted to abuse him, but secretly thrilled every time he took a hanger.

Dermie, copped it left right and centre.

Didak, give him heaps.

Jeff Farmer, he cops some choice words.

just fun and games at the football :)

Lance "buddy" Franklin

i also agree with dan i hate didak
garry ablett junior gets on my nerves as well
he is so favored by the umpires
and last but certainly not lest Dale Thomas hate him

Not hate.....dislike

Adelaide - Hewitt :eek:
Brisbane - Chris Johnson
Carlton - Fevola
Collingwood - Brodie Holland
Docker - Farmer
Eagles -
Essendon - Lovett
Geelong -
Hawker -
Kangas - Carey
Melbourne - Neitz
Port - Pickett
Richmond -
Saints - Warne :eek:
Swans - Hall, Everitt, Goodes
W Bulldogs - Aker, Liberatore

Bollox said:
Jordan Lewis looks like he has personal hygeine issues and hasnt showered in months. I imagine he gets a bit of a hum up when sweaty.

Boogoos said:
I don't know what it is with lewis but u are spot on. Looks like hes some sort of animal. And also looks like he is going to fall over and die all the time.

Just the occasional shit shower and shave might help...the funky pong must be unbearable by the 3rd qtr.

Lloyd

how many goals is buddy averaging this year?

its a bit rough to compare when there is such a difference in number of games, buddy will be significantly lifting his average over the next few years. will lloyd?

does buddy get more frees? well defenders are pretty much out of ideas when it comes to stopping the freak. its desperation time, frees are there to give.

doesnt lloyd get enough frees? boo hoo, well maybe if he didnt stage for frees so often, he wouldnt be ignored now. look at farmer, always playing for a free, does he ever get one? no. why not? cos he's a knob and also cos the umpires have to have a lingering doubt every time that he is staging for a free and doesnt deserve it.

you would trade lloyd for buddy if you could

Thomas & Didak - My hatred can't be put into words. Sub-par players who when they play good games(1 every 3-5 games) the media makes such a big beat up about it. Both show poneys who are interested in looking good first, winning second. Might look good at times but won't win you flags.

Earlier in the year(Pies Vs Bris) Didak had several chances to win the game but opted for fancy bull$hit and Collingwood lost. Talk about love to hate... :D

Alan Didak is a sub-par player? 1 good game in every 3-5? :rolleyes:

Fair enough, hate away... it's all good fun. But the AFL's leading kick getter, also averaging 22.5 possessions, is much better than "sub-par".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd

You are forgetting Llyod's are all in the 50. Llyod plays 100% of each game inside the Bombers forward 50, Buddy plays about 55% and goes up the ground a lot and gets frees there.

Sorry but that was a huge FAIL!!

the other player i hate is steven king. i hate him coz he is just a hack, stole poor blakes spot in the granny!! if i was blake i would have totally pi$$ed of and went elsewhere!!

KING= Premiership Robber!!

You are forgetting Llyod's are all in the 50. Llyod plays 100% of each game inside the Bombers forward 50, Buddy plays about 55% and goes up the ground a lot and gets frees there.

Sorry but that was a huge FAIL!!

get real mate, franklin plays FF, lloyd CHF. Franklin get some of the best service in the league in Hodge, Crawford and co. Lloyd gets Brent Stanton and Jobe Watson.
and lets face it, Franklin is not a crunch-the-pack CHF like Jonathon Brown, he gets a lot of his goals on the run from a handball over the top or a cheap kick, and the umpires are caught up in the 'buddy fever'

get real mate, franklin plays FF, lloyd CHF. Franklin get some of the best service in the league in Hodge, Crawford and co. Lloyd gets Brent Stanton and Jobe Watson.
and lets face it, Franklin is not a crunch-the-pack CHF like Jonathon Brown, he gets a lot of his goals on the run from a handball over the top or a cheap kick, and the umpires are caught up in the 'buddy fever'

Nobody should doubt Lloyd's robotic ability to lead, mark and kick goals. Much like Fev, you can be a less than inspiring bloke and do that.

However I see no problem thinking he's a shit captain and a very dull boy. The Velvet sledgehammer rep hasn't gone away.

Who was itrated him a better captain than Scott Burns in the paper the other day? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Players You Love To Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back