PS3 Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and Everything else) - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and something else) III

I have found what im looking for,
This Limited Edition bundle includes the game, a Move controller, a navigation controller, a PlayStationEye camera and the PlayStation Move sharp shooter.

socombundle.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/25/socom-4-u-s-navy-seals-bundle-announced-includes-eye-move-more/

Wow.

Can you pre-order that bundle?
Not yet in Aus, but if you don't mind ordering overseas Amazon have it for pre-order.

Wait about a week or two for other online retailers to get it up, maybe another few weeks (perhaps longer) for it to get an announcement for other countries.

Thanks mate.

I just tried to pre-order it on Amazon but it's giving me some error about not being able to ship to my address or something?

Not sure, but I guess I'll just wait for it to appear elsewhere.
That's interesting, I'm getting that too (which I haven't for other items that I've checked to order).

There have been some cases with online items that just aren't allowed to ship outside the region that they're being sold in (Shopto had the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, but couldn't send it outside the UK). So it may be a restriction there.

I'll keep checking all the sites I regularly check to find out the best/cheapest place to order from in the next couple of weeks anyway, any update I'll throw up here.:thumbsu:

PS+ update for this week has some good deals again.

First up is Sonic the Hedgehog for free - this is the original STH and not the recent update.

You also get a half price discount on Fat Princess (which I bought, since I've always loved the concept of this game but the pricing always put me off...hopefully people are still playing it though:eek:).

There's a PSN game Astro Tripper for free, which is a shoot em up, going by the trailer it's very modern retro looking. I'm not huge in to shoot em ups though.

You also get a PS1 title called Guilty Gear, never heard of it tbh apparently it was called "the best 2D fighting game for the PSOne".:confused: Also get a couple of miniS for nothing, I've found that miniS are VERY basic games, but I guess the right one's could be kind of fun.

You get 3 dynamic themes, 2 of them are shitty symbol arts (basically the PS3's X Triangle, Square, Circle floating on the screen) and the other is an inFAMOUS 2 dynamic theme (happy with this one:D).

You get 7 avatars, 5 are crappy EyePet one's and 2 are alright Motorstorm one's.

I believe the SOCOM 4 beta might be up and running soon too for PS+ members only, unless that was US PS+.

It's not a bad amount of stuff this week, whether half of it is good or not is to be seen, but still I've got Stacking for nothing which was worth $3 less than the sub in the first place, can't exactly be unhappy with that.

With STH is that with the old graphics or have they been refurbished? Judging by 'original' STH I'd guess the former... with new graphics it would be sweet but doubt I'd get that for free.

Fat Princess was fun, I got it when it came out, but the online sucked and that put a lot of people off.

With STH is that with the old graphics or have they been refurbished? Judging by 'original' STH I'd guess the former... with new graphics it would be sweet but doubt I'd get that for free.

Fat Princess was fun, I got it when it came out, but the online sucked and that put a lot of people off.
I believe it's the one that was in the 'Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection' that was out not too long ago. Pretty sure they're the old graphics, doesn't look too bad though in comparison to some other titles from that time.

Where do you buy the PSN cards?

EB and JB definitely have them.

I've heard that places such as K-mart and Target and Big W are starting to incorporate them much in the way of iTunes cards are already (ie: They just give you a receipt with your code on it).

Available in 30 and 50 dollar denominations.

SOCOM 4 Beta details

Beta Schedule

• Phase 1 (Private invites) - Begins March 15. Eligible players will be contacted with details
  • Phase 2 (PlayStation Plus members) - Begins March 22. Members will join Phase 1 participants
  • Phase 3 (Killzone 3 vouchers) - Begins March 29. You can redeem your voucher included with KZ3 to play with Phase 1 and Phase 2 players
  • Phase 4 (Open to everyone) - Begins April 5. The beta will be freely downloadable off of PSN
  • Beta Ends - April 13

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is the beta is 3D-capable?A: Don’t know this yet, still considering our options. Same with Sharp Shooter and PlayStation Move support.
Q: What modes are available for play?
A: All four game modes are available to play in the beta: Bomb Squad, Last Defense, Suppression and Uplink. Additionally, all four game types will have “Standard” and “Classic” versions

Q: Which maps will we play?
A: There will be two to choose from – Port Authority and Assault and Battery. Port Authority is a naval port filled with equipment and shipping containers, while Assault and Battery is what remains of a WWII-era coastal fort that has since been abandoned.

Q: Will any of my stats or character progression carry over to the final game?
A: No. We want everyone to be on a level playing field on launch day (think of your early practice as your carry-over)
Confrontation was absolute shite..... Slant Six should stay away from SOCOM. Zipper is back on this one which is good.

New PS3 games require Firmware 3.56 to play

As expected from Sony and the game developers, history has repeated itself and today the inevitable happened with two new PS3 games ( Dragon Age II and MLB 11 The Show ) arriving in stores on tuesday. These two new games require version 3.56 PS3 Firmware
Of course that hasn't stopped Hackers.....

After some experimentation, some people have reported success in getting the game to run on 3.55 with a simple modification to the version string in the PARAM.SFO along with a repackaged EBOOT.BIN.
[STRIKE]I'm against the idea, unless they decide to package the firmware needed on the game disk (a la PSP games) then a major inconvenience is caused for those without internet access or limited internet access. Considering it has a simple enough fix from the Hackers perspective means it is essentially once again punishing people who obtain their copies legally only.[/STRIKE]

EDIT: Ignore my mini rant above. Turns out firmware updates do come on game discs.... It's just I always update my firmware the moment it goes live so I have never inserted a new game before that to see if the firmware is on the disc.

The firmware updates on discs have always been mandatory too.

The only reason this is 'news' is that at the moment all hacked consoles are running on firmware 3.55 or lower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOCOM 4 Beta details

Confrontation was absolute shite..... Slant Six should stay away from SOCOM. Zipper is back on this one which is good.
Confrontation had many flaws but it still stands as one of the most played games in my collection, im glad Zipper are doing it and i cant wait.

SOCOM 4 Beta details

Looking forward to cashing in on PS+ to get this.

If this is any good it's probably going to be what signs me up to PS+ probably for the year long sub once my 3 month expires, especially when there's the potential for another 3 betas this year for big games (inFAMOUS 2 hopefully, Resistance 3 almost assured and Uncharted 3 again almost assured).

PlayStation Network Maintenance on March 9, 2011

The PlayStation Network will be taken offline for maintenance on Wednesday, March 9, 2011, for approximately 11 hours during the following maintenance window:

Down Time (Start): Wednesday, March 9, 8:00 AM, Pacific Time
Down Time (End): Wednesday, March 9, 7:00 PM, Pacific Time

During this time you may:
Not be able to access the PlayStation®Store
Have difficulty signing in to the PlayStation®Network
Not be able to play online games
See a maintenance page when attempting to access the PlayStation®Network

Note: When you log into the PlayStation Network, a message may appear which states, "the PlayStation Network has been suspended". This does not mean that your account has been suspended; it simply means the PlayStation Network has been taken offline. Please wait until the maintenance window has passed before attempting to connect to the PlayStation Network again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/30993283#30993283

Hey guys, anybody know the best place (fastest) for a US psn card?
Used Ebay last time but it took a couple of days for the code to be emailed, just wondering if anyone has had dealings elsewhere without troubles.

Used Ebay last time but it took a couple of days for the code to be emailed, just wondering if anyone has had dealings elsewhere without troubles.

have no idea to the answer to your question but why do you need US psn cards for?
imported title you want dlc for?

Personally used Ebay myself and it took about 12 hours, unfortunately the seller ain't around anymore.

It's always a mixed bag with Ebay, but is 2 days really going to be that bad?

Really looking forward to BTTF myself as well, I love the idea of the one payment for all episodes. Hopefully the same is done with Jurassic Park (if it comes to PSN).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back