Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and something else) III

what are you talking about?

we all had one on besides gimp..:confused:
When I was in on Villa it was you me and grro

When I was in on Villa it was you me and grro

hmmm....pretty sure knighta had it on the whole time even though he didn't speak and hbks mic is on his astro a30's which he needs for sound anywayz and his was def on

hmmm....pretty sure knighta had it on the whole time even though he didn't speak and hbks mic is on his astro a30's which he needs for sound anywayz and his was def on
Knighta wasn't even in the party haha

I'm 100% positive it was you raging about being shot before you turned the corner, and then grro was laughing and agreeing.

Knighta wasn't even in the party haha

I'm 100% positive it was you raging about being shot before you turned the corner, and then grro was laughing and agreeing.

hmm, if that's the case i have no idea when you're talking about.

and i was through the corner but got warped back.

either way this is the ps3 thread not B.O

The PS3's next 2 MMO's have been giving time frames for release with the nearest being Free Realms on it's way in around 3 months time. The Agency likely for late 2011.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-17-sony-expect-planetside-next-q1-q2
FREE REALMS LIKELY FEB/MARCH. THE AGENCY - LATE 2011
The Agency - Sony's modern day espionage-themed MMO shooter for PC and PS3. This suffered a considerable delay in December, tumbling to the latter half of 2011. So is that still the plan?

"It is," Smedley reaffirms. "Late this year."

"We're not giving out a specific date yet because we don't know it," he adds.

What about Free Realms?

"This is in submission at SCEA [Sony Computer Entertainment America] right now," says Smedley of Free Realms PS3. "Once it's done with that, once it's through, we'll be launching it in SCEE [Sony Computer Entertainment Europe].

"If I was a betting man," he goes on, "I'm betting sometime early February it gets launched on the PS3 in SCEA. And probably, and this is a guess, sometime in March for SCEE. And that will use a free-to-play business model on PS3."

ok i just downloaded free trial and had a go

you get 45 mins and i've used 16 min, i'll save the rest to play with other people

i was in a S&D type of game, with only bots

Pros:
- It's fun, I actually did enjoy it more than a game of black ops
- The money system, similar to how BF does it
- In S&D, when you die, you can take over one of the bots and play as them, but you dont get any XP, money etc
- It's $13

Cons
- The bots suck
- Having to remake your class after every death, in S&D it wasnt too annoying, but in something like TDM it would most likely become annoying
- The bots really suck, I went 14-6 and imo i didnt play very well at all
- Only 45 mins for a free trial, would like longer to get the feel of the game
- The bots ****ing suck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can soon your PS3 games in thin air

Kotaku has learned that earlier today, Sony informed developers of a new feature for the PlayStation 3: the ability to save games in the "cloud".

First rumoured all the way back in 2009, there is of course a catch: it'll only be made available to PlayStation Plus subscribers, not the great unwashed.

Sony will call the process "Online Saving", and it'll be made available as part of the PS3's upcoming 3.60 firmware update.
Gimme Gimme Gimme.

Nice. Now people can rage at sony for messing up their online saves somehow as I'm sure it'll happen.

My 3month PS+ trial expired (so said an email) I haven't checked what has hapend to the free/hire stuff I've got. Will do shortly.

Does anyone here use any additional cooling systems for their PS3?

I have 2 consoles, one on current firmware and one still on 3.41 for running homebrew.

Now that there are Custom Firmwares out there I want to put my 3.41 console onto one of those however, a couple of weeks ago it got the dreaded YLOD, I finally got around to repairing it on the weekend but it was gone again in under 10 mins. I have repaired it for a second time and so far so good - tonight will be a test for it. I will have it upstairs to watch the cricket via Play TV. Hopefully this repair lasts a fair bit longer.

My worry is that when I'm puting the CFW on (or even if I was updating the official firmware for that matter), that it would get part way through and YLOD which would probably brick it.

I'm wondering if one of the after market fan systems would help much? I have heard that they can actually be worse for the cooling.

My other plan (which is actually probably the best one) is to sit the PS3 directly in front of the A/C and cool the shit out of it while updating the firmware.

Does anyone here use any additional cooling systems for their PS3?

I have 2 consoles, one on current firmware and one still on 3.41 for running homebrew.

Now that there are Custom Firmwares out there I want to put my 3.41 console onto one of those however, a couple of weeks ago it got the dreaded YLOD, I finally got around to repairing it on the weekend but it was gone again in under 10 mins. I have repaired it for a second time and so far so good - tonight will be a test for it. I will have it upstairs to watch the cricket via Play TV. Hopefully this repair lasts a fair bit longer.

My worry is that when I'm puting the CFW on (or even if I was updating the official firmware for that matter), that it would get part way through and YLOD which would probably brick it.

I'm wondering if one of the after market fan systems would help much? I have heard that they can actually be worse for the cooling.

My other plan (which is actually probably the best one) is to sit the PS3 directly in front of the A/C and cool the shit out of it while updating the firmware.
This is what I've heard from everyone, so I'm always hesitant to purchase one despite the 40 degree days that we can have. My best option is just to not use the PS3 for either a long period or at all on those hot, hot days.

I guess if you're already getting YLOD then you've really got nothing to lose in trying a cooling fan?

This is what I've heard from everyone, so I'm always hesitant to purchase one despite the 40 degree days that we can have. My best option is just to not use the PS3 for either a long period or at all on those hot, hot days.

I guess if you're already getting YLOD then you've really got nothing to lose in trying a cooling fan?

That's true.

I'll be watching the cricket upstairs tonight which generall gets pretty warm. If it gets through without going again I'l be pretty happy.

Thought I might share this with others - I'm sitting here with my repaired PS3 and am really noticing how quiet it is, it is barely making a noise and in the lead up to YLOD it, in hindsight, was really really loud.

I had noticed that compared to my other one it was quite noisy but I put that down to them being different models (an original 60gb (upgraded to 500gb) and a 40gb (upgraded to 160gb). I guess that it just gradually got louder over the last three years and I didn't really notice.

Have a listen to your PS3 and if it is making a lot of noise, it might not be a bad idea to take it apart and give the insides a good clean out. Mine was covered in dust inside, even though I regularly cleaned the vents.

Hey guys has anyone used Zavvi of late?
Just enquiring about the delivery times atm.

I got Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 after work today, just installing now. Pretty pumped for it.

Any of you PS3 lads played it yet?

Yeah there is a few in the ME2 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back