PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea if anyone else, media or otherwise, has picked this one up yet, but I was looking over the new UI pic and noticed something strange about what was in the image.

trophiesactivities1.jpg

Notice the username there - DayZ100

So first off, as far as I'm aware that's not a username on the PSN (and certainly wouldn't have been able to have achieved 2700+ trophies since that game came out!). So you have to wonder how or why that ends up in this picture, considering these pictures are very carefully controlled and set up specifically. Could it be Sony putting an easter egg of a future game to be announced?

Just a week ago the dev of Day Z was stating how the game could potentially run on PS4 and 720 and there was no ruling out of Day Z coming to either platform either.

I don't know about anyone else, but that seems like a highly suspicious username to have chosen for a UI screen. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Day Z will eventually be confirmed as coming to next-gen consoles.

I just assumed that Henry was his real name (obviously) and DayZ100 was his PSN name. Obviously that could still be a hint of whats to come, but a safe bet is it would be his game name.

Was very underwhelmed, was amazed at the 8gb of ram and actually clapped when I saw that. Killzone looked good at the start until it turned into cawwadoody year 3672. The cgi of infamous was disappointing, at first I thought it was watch dogs, then I thought it was prototype until the infamous logo came up.

The whole thing being a social console, Facebook, real names, real pictures for avatars, meh. I'll stick with my username thanks.

Will get in a few years maybe when better games come out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-watch it all here on Youtube (haven't checked the whole thing out, but seems legit enough).

Will update with a better one when someone official puts it up.

The CPU aint x86 it's a x64, couldn't have 8GB of RAM otherwise.

For some reason Sony have called it x86 in the press release.
'Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will be powered by a custom 8-core AMD "Jaguar" x86-64 with integrated graphics APU and "next-generation" AMD Radeon graphics processor capable of driving 1.84 teraflops.'

No idea what that means, but they've stated both? x86-64?

'Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will be powered by a custom 8-core AMD "Jaguar" x86-64 with integrated graphics APU and "next-generation" AMD Radeon graphics processor capable of driving 1.84 teraflops.'

No idea what that means, but they've stated both? x86-64?

x64 is what most people call "x86-64".

Not sure why Sony have shorthanded it that way, as x86 by itself is the name of a 32Bit CPU.

More photos of the new controller.

8493772456_34a85b7767_b.jpg

8493772384_6d2a553478_b.jpg

8493772388_932586c069_b.jpg

8493772378_f2f6f023f4_b.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/20/dualshock-4-revealed-pushing-the-boundaries-of-play/

Design
DUALSHOCK 4 adopts the familiar form factor of the DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller with some key enhancements:
Motion control is enabled by a new highly sensitive six-axis sensor
Dual analog sticks fine-tuned for better precision plus improved surface materials and shape for more delicate manipulation
L2/R2 buttons on the top of the controller employ a curved design for easier, smoother interaction
A new “Options” button combines the functions of the DUALSHOCK 3’s “Select” and “Start” buttons for operating in-game menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back