PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More photos of the new controller.
The controller itself looks really slick, a nice modern take on the Dualshock. I think this should please both old users of it and those that wanted change.

Not a fan of the black discs on the X, Triangle, Square, Circle and D-Pad area's though.

Decent IGN article on the changes to the controller compared to the Dualshock 3 and also what it's like compared to the 360's controller.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/whats-new-with-sonys-dualshock-4

Saying that it has added weight, the triggers are flat not curved inwards, L1 and R1 are more rounded and larger, tweaked D-Pad (larger and angled inwards).

im not sold on the controller im not a fan of the "bully button" sticks i like how they are now. and why make the L1/R1 bigger? also hope the bottom isnt too rough because of playing games for hours will suck if its rough. Killzone looks nice other than the leaves disappearing into the ground when falling. but the *GB of ram is crazy, what they can do with that will be insane in a few years. and the talk of 20+GB games i love i also see 1st party studios using BDXL discs with 110GB of data. other than not showing the console what im disappointied by is nothing from Naughty Dog i want to see what the 2nd team is doing which is likely Uncharted 4 since the other team is doing a new IP with the Last of Us. but i thought the best way to close would of been with a Uncharted Teaser.

Ubisoft showing Watch_Dogs was a shock since i herd rumors of Ubisoft doing a conference next month which now if its still real will be AC4. and EA have something set for BF4 in may i think i herd. but E3 woll be huge this year. not sure if im going to preorder yet or wait a few weeks. but getting it day1.

I'm a huge fan of the new controller, can't wait to have it in my hands.
Can I feel it in your hands too?:oops:

Also I just followed up on the DayZ100 username. There is no PSN ID registered to that name (try adding it to your friends list 'The online ID you entered has not been registered. Check that you are using the correct online ID').

So I'm calling it for Day Z to be an E3 announcement coming to PS4 (and probably 720 too).
other than not showing the console what im disappointied by is nothing from Naughty Dog i want to see what the 2nd team is doing which is likely Uncharted 4 since the other team is doing a new IP with the Last of Us. but i thought the best way to close would of been with a Uncharted Teaser.
Let Naughty Dog get done with The Last of Us and then expect something.

I'm still picking Uncharted 4 for November 2014.

Also, and I have no basis for this, but I believe that the bottom of the controller could be that biometrics panel that was being rumoured a while back. Either way, I wouldn't expect it to be a rough material.

It's already in my hands...oh, you meant the controller :oops:

ralph_wiggum_in_thought.jpg

Or it could be just a name one of their tester used in the UAT environment of PSN. ;)
It could very well be, but these conferences, the choices they make, they're all too manufactured to just come up with that specific name to use. Also even a tester would likely have more than 2700 trophies (and I doubt they'd have 7 Platinums - would either be A LOT or not many at all, 7 is still quite an achievement).

I've made my bed and I'm willing to sleep in it on this one, you'll all see when I'm right, YOU'LL ALL SEE DAMMIT!

tumblrlvxhzrmx421r4d22d.jpg

It's been a long day.:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say now, the more I look at the DualShock 4, the more the DualShock 3 just looks completely redundant and old.

I want the new one now.:(

I must say now, the more I look at the DualShock 4, the more the DualShock 3 just looks completely redundant and old.

Yeah same. Hold me.

so its intergrated with Facebook, Stream through UStream, has Cross-game Chat, Still uses SEN so PSN accounts will almost certainly stay the same. a "Playstation App" on apple and Arnroid devices to make them 2nd screens used for looking at maps, and can DL Games/DLC from the Store [i love this, every time i buy a game it now has a code to enter for day1 DLC or online pass, now can do that when driving home, i would love it more if they let you DL Patches for games so i dont need to DL that when i get home, and can go right into the game] Suspend mode will rock when its bed time just put it on "Suspend mode". Downloads and patches are also done in stand by mode. the background DL and playing of digital titles is bad for the Aussie internet until the NBN is done. but they full game DL before you buy is nice i would think its like the 1HR gameplay like they have for some games on the PS+. and aim to reduce the Download time of Digital downloads to 0

XMB is Dead they have a new menu on the PS4 [im one of the few who liked the XMB] they are aiming to have over 3000 titles for the Backwards compatibly through the Gaikai cloud. USB 3.0. BD Drive, HDMI, Optical Audio. Analog AV [dont under stand why]

it has the Specs to use BDXL and 4K might have 4K as a patch later on bat it will be able to run 4K.

i think Microsoft better have big on there hands, unless they want to go to the casual gamer market against the Wii

Just came home and watched the whole conference...

I was dead set barring up in the first hour or so, the Gaikai and the lead designer etc. Everything they said sounded tremendous. Then the games came and I almost fell asleep.

Killzone is the only FPS I care about and I was meh on that reveal. Didn't look like a next gen leap, and the gun seemed to have zero recoil, better not be arcade twitch garbage. Still on radar.

Then a bunch of crap I don't care about.

Lol at them playing GOW music when some Capcom pleb came out.

SSM and ND are the best two devs and they were no shows, which was disappointing
No pricing details
Didn't show the actual console
Closed the show on nothing. NOTHING.
Always online and used games stuff not directly addressed
Dumb, useless camera thrown in with controller but not really explained fully
No megatons dropped

That first 45 minutes or so Sony delivered but then meh. By the time the show ended my hrum had retreated like a tortoise back in its shell. Gotta save some stuff for e3 I guess.. but this failed to live up to the hype.

Sub'd.

EDIT: Wait, Killzone is launch? I missed that on the stream.... movement in pants.

I'm very happy with the looks of it too. I made a post a few weeks ago about what I thought was wrong with the current Dualshock and they've basically fixed it all and you're right it really does make the current crop look old.

Overall though, slightly underwhelming event. I'm glad they confirmed the rumored specs and I it looks like there will be enough games at launch(ish) to still keep me on the line for a day one purchase. However the lack of info on some of the most critical things was a let-down. Not clarifying there stance on backwards compatability, price, release dates and the no used/always on bullshit.

Killzone confirmed to be 1080p at 30FPS and the Dev kit can do 1080p at 60FPS but i dont think we will get many 60FPS games for the first year or so. 3D not confirmed on Killzone but they say "We still like 3D" so i would expect it to have 3D like Killzone 3 had. i like the idea of a reboot by setting it 30 years after KZ3 and no more Rico :D

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...Infos_zur_Bildrate_und_3D-Unterstuetzung.html

in German but Chrome translates it

when i herd Blizzard joining with Sony under a new partnership i could almost hear the Xbox fanboys cry. i dont care about any games in the Blizzard library right now but as far as consoles go Blizzard is a huge get for Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back