PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home stretch now. AC4 is very likely to be added to my purchases by Friday, just waiting on Big W catalogue for that sweet price of $68. So I'm looking at BF4, KZ, NFS, AC4 & Knack as retail purchases, with Resogun, Contrast, Warframe, Blacklight and Planetside 2 to download :eek: busy 3 day weekend coming up.

Blacklight and Planetside 2 remaining on my hard drive will depend on community numbers.

Good to hear people getting confirmed for day 1 too, pity some of you blokes will miss out day 1.
Planetside isn't a launch game.

Home stretch now. AC4 is very likely to be added to my purchases by Friday, just waiting on Big W catalogue for that sweet price of $68. So I'm looking at BF4, KZ, NFS, AC4 & Knack as retail purchases, with Resogun, Contrast, Warframe, Blacklight and Planetside 2 to download :eek: busy 3 day weekend coming up.

Blacklight and Planetside 2 remaining on my hard drive will depend on community numbers.

Good to hear people getting confirmed for day 1 too, pity some of you blokes will miss out day 1.

Definately glad I pre-ordered mine at EB in August. Would be quite disappointed to miss out now.

I think quite a few posters will be living vicariously through others for a while :p

The big day is approaching for you PS4 early adopters :)
I've decided I'm going to wait until around Xmas next year to get a PS4.
By then they will be cheaper and more games like Uncharted & The Order will be out.

If I were you I wouldn't wait that long. I'd put in a preorder on the PS4 + Vita bundle as soon as they're announced here. That's an epic bundle that will give you 5-8 years of entertainment at a really reasonable price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Burnout games have always been better than the NFS ones. Ever since Criterion took over (Rivals is made by a studio with a lot of shifted Criterion staff) we've been getting Burnout games with licensed cars which is awesome.
Nope.

HPII was the best NFS there ever was.

I disagree. HPII is one of my favourite games of all time. Proper old school racer with normal tracks and none of this open world shit. Cops vs racers. How it should be IMO.

Burnout 2 is the ultimate old school racer. It also had the whole cops vs racers thing as well.

Looked a crap tonne better, had no slow down and was a much better handling game.

The only thing HPII had that Burnout 2 didn't was real cars.

More than any other game that was around at the time Burnout 2 was gameplay nirvana.

I disagree. HPII is one of my favourite games of all time. Proper old school racer with normal tracks and none of this open world shit. Cops vs racers. How it should be IMO.

Hot Pursuit from a couple of years ago was like that, tracks weren't lap based but it wasn't open world either.

Rivals is all about Cops Vs Racers, nothing wrong with an open world setting, more freedom the better. Point to point racing is the same as lap based anyway, you have a start point and you have a finish point, only difference being that you don't see the same shit 3 to 5 times per race like you would looping around a track.

The big day is approaching for you PS4 early adopters :)
By then they will be cheaper and more games like Uncharted & The Order will be out.

yep i'm holding out on both new consoles until something proper 'must-play' drops; got a big enough backlog to work through as is.

I can't believe that the controllers themselves cost $100.

They've got a touch screen on them. That would add some extra cost.

It's early though, they'll come down in prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back